TOI:Mrunal Jain gets an edgier, sexy new look for Nagarjuna

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
TNN | Updated: Sep 21, 2016,

Fans of hunk Mrunal Jain, who plays Rajveer in the fantasy fiction drama Nagarjuna- Ek Yoddha, will soon get a visual treat.

The actor will be donning a look which is said to be rather edgy. Mrunal confirmed the development and said, "Yes my character Rajveer is getting a new look. It's on the sexier side. Earlier, my character had a more formal look since he was in the police. But now, my appearance is not as mature on the show. It's more sharp."

Jain feels that talent does matter, but looks play an important role in how you are perceived. He says, "If you are a good actor and a good looking guy, I guess it turns out to as a package deal. Also, it's a very nice feeling to hear that I come in a good looking category."

He agrees that his personality has transformed over the years, and credits the varied characters he has played so far. "As the years passed, I have matured as an actor. I credit it to kind of roles I have done in my career. They have changed my vision and my goals. It's also the hard work I put in and the kind of people I met who helped me to know and discover the person I am."

Mrunal, who considers Hrithik Roshan as his role model, has also become lean. "I feel that I am more fitter than before, but I would like to bulk up a little bit. Still, the lean look is working for me, since I am a sharp looking guy. I am looking younger now."

Recently, Jain realized how popular his double role act in Nagarjuna- Ek Yoddha made him. He said, "I am getting a phenomenal response for my double role. At the Ganpati pandal, people recognized me in-spite of me being dressed normally. Because, if you're playing a double role on the show with so much makeup, it becomes difficult to recognize the actor. It means a lot to me."

Ask him about the compliments he has received from his co-actors, he smiles, "The best compliment I have got for my look is from one of my co-actors who once told me that I look ravishing."