Asian Age:Sayantani Ghosh hurt while shooting for show

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
 - Sameena Razzaq

Sayantani Ghosh, who has been handpicked by Mahesh Bhatt for his ambitious project Namkarann, pushed herself a tad too hard for her performance. It so happened that the actress was required to film a fight sequence in the show. The shot required her to fight some goons to save a little girl from being harassed. In order to protect the girl, the actress used all her strength to keep the bullies at bay. Being the professional that she is, the actress ended up pulling her muscles and straining her back.

The incident left the actress writhing in pain. A doctor was immediately called on the sets and the actress was administered medical aid. While examining the actress, the doctor declared she has sprained her back and needed at least two days of rest. However, the doctor's stern warning didn't deter her, as she did not want the show to suffer.

The actress managed to finish off all her scenes. Sayantani says, "While I was shooting, I experienced terrible pain in my back. The pain was so unbearable that I started screaming for help. A doctor rushed to my aid. He said that I needed to rest. Being in a daily show, I cannot afford to miss out on the shoot, as we don't have a bank of episodes as yet. I couldn't bear the thought of not working for the day. The crew has been very kind to me."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Apple_Amber thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 Is the kid being harassed is Avni? Or its a flash back scene of Neena! If she is bipolar, how she  became one etc...
nep3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
tfs
neela and avni 😲