My Role will help break lot of perceptions: Sayantani Ghosh!! - Page 2

Posted: 7 years ago

My Role in Naamkarann will help break' lot of perceptions: Sayantani Ghosh

Elegant and talented Sayantani Ghosh is excited about her entry in Star Plus' newest offering, Naamkarann(Dhaval Gada and Guruodev Bhalla). 

She claims this role of Neela to be one of the most fulfilling roles of her career. And above all, it actually gives her the opportunity to play the girl-next-door, which is totally in contrast to all the mythological and historical roles she has played in recent times. 

Says Sayantani, "Naamkarann is a special show for every creative person on board it. And for me, it is a very real role, and has to be one of the most overwhelming roles of my entire career. Above all, it's so satisfying to be working with Bhatt Saab."

On her role, the actress quips, "I cannot talk much about my role. But all that I can share is that Neela is extremely positive and full of energy. She will light up lives when she comes in. The show is titled Naamkarann, so it speaks of the beauty of every relationship in the show. She's simply amazing, and her entry will make the viewing all the more interesting. In simple words, she will be the breath of fresh air."

Sayantani is excited over the fact that her role in Naamkarann will break lot many perceptions about her. "With this role, lot of people will look up to me in a different light. And this opportunity comes after a long time. I have always been seen as an actor who can carry the glamorous, diva roles to elan, especially because of the features I have and my ability to dance. But not many have thought of me as a simple girl next door. And this is what makesNaamkarann different for me."

Elaborating further, she avers, "My look in the show is very simple. To tell you, I have hardly used any make-up, not even an eye make-up. It is a very real character, and for me, will help break many perceptions. Every character comes with its own attribute, and this character of mine is completely full of life. This role is actually a very important step in my career."

Sayantani's character will go on to wed Viraf Patel in the show, and that will be mean that she will be the step-mother of little Avni (Arsheen Namdar). 

Sayantani's entry in the Star Plus show will be aired tonight (14 September). 

Best of luck, Sayantani!!