Coward people in a ruthless world.

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello All! 😃
So the first episode of Naamkaran was an absolute beauty! 
What i loved about the episode was that it wasnt lavish, on some great outdoor location or grand, i agree they have thier own beauty but the simplicity of the episode stole my heart. The cinematography was on point. The aura of lonliness and depression was conveyed across the screen brilliantly! 👏 👏 
Next the actors. Barkha, Reema jee, Vraf, and Avni - what a bunch of talented people! They were effortless on screen .. so smoothly comfortable in their complex characters. 

Now the story dynamics, so Barkha and Varf have given an impression that they are married when in reality they are in love and have an illegitimate child, who questions why they arent a normal family. I havent seen Zakhm, but i can see the similarities as i have seen the songs and have an idea about the plot. So barkha is muslim, that is why they mentioned Kashmir too and Vraf's mother is against thier marriage. 

My only concern is that is the story about 10 years late for audiences because today's audiences may not relate to such a relationship, the taboos were more significant about a decade earlier as compared to now, but wishing this show all the best because it has the capability of ruling the charts if it keeps the pace. 

Barkha and Vraf are two coward people who fell in love and instead of taking a stand for themselves, they played along the time until thier daughter has started to stand up and question. Is it right for two people to carry on a relationship hidden like this and raise a child just because you people couldnt move on? 

I would love to see Avni grow up and question her parents, esp her mother, that why was she so afriad to demand her right? Because avni is not afraid and she is demanding everything she deserves. 

Brilliant episode!
Yes, Avni is questioning the weakness that she sees in her parents.
She is playing 'mom' to her mother and comforting her that things will be alright.  But she is not aware her father has the same weakness in character and that he needs her to give him the strength to speak-up to her grandma.

Avni's mom and dad are reinforcing each other's weaknesses and will never speak up.
In case you guys have missed, the year is shown to be 2006!!!!

Which means that eventually there would be a leap after which Avni would be grown up and the story would move to 2016 or 2017 depending on when the leap happens!!!!

So the story is of 10 years ago!!!!

Originally posted by anonee

Yes, Avni is questioning the weakness that she sees in her parents.
She is playing 'mom' to her mother and comforting her that things will be alright.  But she is not aware her father has the same weakness in character and that he needs her to give him the strength to speak-up to her grandma.

Avni's mom and dad are reinforcing each other's weaknesses and will never speak up.

very well said, her parents possess the same weakness thus they will keep on pushing each other furthur in the hole .. 
Originally posted by Shaina_b

In case you guys have missed, the year is shown to be 2006!!!!

Which means that eventually there would be a leap after which Avni would be grown up and the story would move to 2016 or 2017 depending on when the leap happens!!!!

So the story is of 10 years ago!!!!

okay i had missed this. Thank u for pointing it out. That makes me more excited. 
Originally posted by Fantasia.

very well said, her parents possess the same weakness thus they will keep on pushing each other furthur in the hole .. 

I get the feeling they raise their daughter to be outspoken and free to express her thoughts fearlessly - because that is one trait they both do not posses.

The father expresses himself by projecting it in his art or films.  The mother is still a mystery - 
I feel that we should let the story and characters develop a bit more then pass our judgement of them whether being coward or not. We don't know the past or the situations that led them to make such decisions. There can be several other reasons other than they being gutless. No woman is as much weak as Asha without any dark past.

Yup Avni is very strong character and she should definately question her parent but she should do it with open mind and try to understand their pov and situation
Hey Kinza 😛 
Yes indeed Namakaran has uncanny resemblance of film Zakham 

Zakham is nothing but true story or real story of Mahesh Bhatt ... 

His parents story ... He was illegitimate child of famous producer Nanabhai Bhatt Gujrati Brahmin, his mother was Bohari muslim hence the opposition from his grand mother 

If I m right Nanabhai Bhatt married to another lady forcefully as his mother threaten ...but that lady was childless hence finally Nanabhai Bhatt accept Mahesh & Mukesh as his legal heir. 

Let's see how this series unfold 
Edited by blushing - 7 years ago
First epi was simply brilliant
Loved it
I m hooked..