Sona - First Love vs First Scar..

Posted: 7 years ago
😛 So now we have an ever-forgiving Sona who, before Dev could ask for it, has freed him from all the wrong-doings 👏. Not going into how much I despise the butchering of a strong female lead we ever had in Indian Tele, but just a curious thought.
First Love - I hear it's a big thing, something which can never be erased. Specially, a woman never forgets her first love. But with this, there comes the vulnerability that a woman puts into the hand of her lover, in a way that she can never repeat for any other future partners in her life, the places which only the first lover can touch in a woman's soul. It's a feeling that remains with a woman for ever, much after the breakup, a feeling she conveniently can carry on for the rest of her life with a mixed feelings of sacredness and melancholy, can cherish in some extreme lone moments while revisiting the pages of her throughout life, something to cherish for ever I'd say. 

But but but, when the love is so deep, so are the scars received from it. Today we saw Sona, at the drop of her hat, forgiving everything, every insult, every harrassment, just cuz she 'loves' him ? Sorry it doesn't work that way. If a woman doesn't forget her first lover, she also doesn't forget and forgive the first heartbreak she receives from the very same person. The more is the love, the greater is the expectation, the greatest is the inability to forgive even at the slightest mistake of his. I agree Sona is very understanding etc etc, 🥱 but how is it ever possible to forgive your first love who gave up on you without even a single try ? 😕 The clash of expectations are inevitable. And I'd rather judge the girl if she doesn't hold any grudge against the boy who is SO passive. 😕 When the show started, I thought it's something really mature and close-to-reality 😕 But in reality, neither the girl can forgive the person who breaks her heart so easily, nor can she reach this level of understanding when she supports the same guy without any improvement/try from his side to keep the relationship going. 

When I signed up for the show, I really thought it is a story of two like-minded mature people who would come to terms of separation mutually, where no one breaks the other's heart, and they together fight the odds against the world. But when Dev already had made a unilateral decision without consulting with Sona and with no inputs from her that also SO brutally, that killed the essence. After that I thought I'd get Sona's fight for her self-respect and Dev's redemption to ensure he wins her back before they try to win both families together. But with today's Sona's split-of-the-second forgiving track, all is doomed. This is really disappointing and nowhere close to reality. A girl can not be SO understanding towards her love who caused her the deepest pain even if it's her first love. Kuch Rang has just proved to be like any other show with an immature ML and a Devi-roop FL. 

P.S. - Veer-Zaara movie is the most perfect example of breaking up due to family pressure and how the breakup scene/discussion should be. Today makers tried to recreate the same emotions, but in my opinion, it failed miserably since it's not possible to erase the memory of the first breakup initiated by Dev. 😕
I totally agree with you.
Forgetting and move on is one thing but forgiving is impossible in Sona's case.
I still cannot forget how brutally Dev has ended up everything.He let her go alone in the midnight.I would never expect CVs to skip the realization and redemption part of Dev.
He surely cannot be forgiven so easily.All my hopes with Maha episode.
And this is what you get for expecting the unexpected and unique from an Indian Telly soap. They all eventually turn out same ol' same ol'
From now on my motto will be - expect the usual stuff. 😃 Will keep my sanity in tact n I could at least laugh n shake my head n make fun of the show n it's tracks.
From now on I'll be watching KRPKAB with similar mind set up with which one watch a pure comedy show. 

Originally posted by AnnaPaquinFan

And this is what you get for expecting the unexpected and unique from an Indian Telly soap. They all eventually turn out same ol' same ol'
From now on my motto will be - expect the usual stuff. 😃 Will keep my sanity in tact n I could at least laugh n shake my head n make fun of the show n it's tracks.
From now on I'll be watching KRPKAB with similar mind set up with which one watch a pure comedy show. 

Same here.. even i'v started doing the same..😆 n lost all the interest 4rm the show..😒
Originally posted by Shilky88

I totally agree with you.
Forgetting and move on is one thing but forgiving is impossible in Sona's case.
I still cannot forget how brutally Dev has ended up everything.He let her go alone in the midnight.I would never expect CVs to skip the realization and redemption part of Dev.
He surely cannot be forgiven so easily.All my hopes with Maha episode.

Exactly ! So very inconsiderate of him . Just because his mother is in hospital , to hell with Sona . Even her safety doesn't matter in a city like Delhi in the middle of the night. Who came only to stand by him.
Epic love indeed ! 👏 Even my casual friends show more concern for my safety when I travel daily for my work.
All the critics on one thread 😃... just wanted to put my POV...

I think Sona just wanted to put her thought forward... even if she is ready to get married forgetting everythign ... Dev cant take that one step that goes against his mother... it is just a hypothetical situation to show that ball is in dev's court... She kept on saying earlier that the trust and respect is lost ... So there will be a redemption track... lets just sit tight and enjoy the fictional show...

I loved todays breakup ... it was heart breaking...

Originally posted by Pehchaan.Kaun

😛 So now we have an ever-forgiving Sona who, before Dev could ask for it, has freed him from all the wrong-doings 👏. Not going into how much I despise the butchering of a strong female lead we ever had in Indian Tele, but just a curious thought.
First Love - I hear it's a big thing, something which can never be erased. Specially, a woman never forgets her first love. But with this, there comes the vulnerability that a woman puts into the hand of her lover, in a way that she can never repeat for any other future partners in her life, the places which only the first lover can touch in a woman's soul. It's a feeling that remains with a woman for ever, much after the breakup, a feeling she conveniently can carry on for the rest of her life with a mixed feelings of sacredness and melancholy, can cherish in some extreme lone moments while revisiting the pages of her throughout life, something to cherish for ever I'd say. 

But but but, when the love is so deep, so are the scars received from it. Today we saw Sona, at the drop of her hat, forgiving everything, every insult, every harrassment, just cuz she 'loves' him ? Sorry it doesn't work that way. If a woman doesn't forget her first lover, she also doesn't forget and forgive the first heartbreak she receives from the very same person. The more is the love, the greater is the expectation, the greatest is the inability to forgive even at the slightest mistake of his. I agree Sona is very understanding etc etc, 🥱 but how is it ever possible to forgive your first love who gave up on you without even a single try ? 😕 The clash of expectations are inevitable. And I'd rather judge the girl if she doesn't hold any grudge against the boy who is SO passive. 😕 When the show started, I thought it's something really mature and close-to-reality 😕 But in reality, neither the girl can forgive the person who breaks her heart so easily, nor can she reach this level of understanding when she supports the same guy without any improvement/try from his side to keep the relationship going. 

When I signed up for the show, I really thought it is a story of two like-minded mature people who would come to terms of separation mutually, where no one breaks the other's heart, and they together fight the odds against the world. But when Dev already had made a unilateral decision without consulting with Sona and with no inputs from her that also SO brutally, that killed the essence. After that I thought I'd get Sona's fight for her self-respect and Dev's redemption to ensure he wins her back before they try to win both families together. But with today's Sona's split-of-the-second forgiving track, all is doomed. This is really disappointing and nowhere close to reality. A girl can not be SO understanding towards her love who caused her the deepest pain even if it's her first love. Kuch Rang has just proved to be like any other show with an immature ML and a Devi-roop FL. 

P.S. - Veer-Zaara movie is the most perfect example of breaking up due to family pressure and how the breakup scene/discussion should be. Today makers tried to recreate the same emotions, but in my opinion, it failed miserably since it's not possible to erase the memory of the first breakup initiated by Dev. 😕

Well, I personally feel that Sonakshi is battling within her mind over forgiving Dev for the circumstances that led him to his decision of their breaking up and and the stinging reality of their love being not even worthy of a try by Dev. Sona sees and understands the reasons behind Dev' actions and this was all evident in her confrontation with Ishwari. But as far as his inability to take a stand for their love, I guess she probably just doesn't want to ponder over it. What would she be  probably  getting out of it? A realisation of how inadequate her love has been? It's just a coping mechanism of hers where she doesn't wish to subject herself to more of doubt over her own love and its worth. So I guess this is precisely the reason why we see Sona coming up with all logical facts as to why they can't be together in today' episode. She has chosen the path of acceptance when she herself isn't sure if she has forgiven Dev or not. One particular line from today' episode that stuck with me was "Whenever I see you, I realise all that we could have been". How beautifully put is this! And this particular line comes from a place within her which can probably never forgive Dev for his lack of action. And as far as first love is concerned, it syncs with the most vulnerable as well as the most forgiving versions of ourselves. It's only when we give time to ourselves away from it and only when the scars dry out that we get our sanity back. So Sonakshi being understanding of Dev and saying that she would marry him right away if he makes up his mind is all a part of the cliched 'first love'. Very much understandable and debatable as well! :)
thought, I'll bump up this thread of the past... he he... makes sense even today.

Hope no reconciliation this time.
History is repeating, thought or renewing this thread.
1st,2nd break up...any no.of break ups don't entitle any redemption or retrospection from ML probably bcoz his flaws are so perfect, we can learn to live with them.Edited by gaurimisha - 7 years ago
The same situation on loop. The only problem is that no lessons learned by anyone. Kuch Rang Bewakufi Ki Aise Bhi... 🤢