Diya Aur Baati Hum

%% Happy Birthday - ANAS RASHID - The Enchanting Hero %%

Vmaa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Anas rashid... A name well known in the telly wood today, the Malerkotla born,  Punjab ka puthar came to Mumbai to try his luck TEN YEARS AGO. Today he has established himself as a well talented actor of the era. As he turns a year older today, we are happy and proud to celebrate the day with him.We wish happiness and his wishes to come true as gifts for this day.

Now's a great age to take chances, And do all he wants to do,

his creativity knows no bounds, his wisdom is wiser than ever, 

his spirit is bolder than bold, his humour is more humorous,

There's just no time to be old.we hope this year is full of good things

we hope that all his dreams get wings we hope for him, there is tons of good luck in store. we hope this year, brings him happiness galore, In whatever he chose to do

May success always be with him As we begin an awesome birthday celebration

we wish him a happy birthday, 

Sweet like a honey drop,
As loving as can be,
A heart the size of an ocean,A soul filled with glee.
You're not just a siren song,You're a lifelong symphony,
Your rhythm moves us,To rise up, dance and sing.
we are  glad you were born today,our beautiful birthday boy,
You make our life stunning,And fill it with such joy.
Another year has passed,It's your birthday once more,
You should feel very special,And let your spirit soar.
Celebrate every moment,There's no time to be blue,
Today is your birthday,Today is all about you.
May you always find joy,North, south, east and west,
Happy, happy birthday to you,we wish you the very best.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5gRZKwOej8[/YOUTUBE]

CREDITS

This thread is dedicated to Anas Rashid   who became  a part of our life  all these  five years of DABH
The credits goes to the team Anas for making this thread possible
 header divider and siggy by MJv2 and Kavi
         Relevant siggies for the articles by kavi
         Edit and proof read by NJ
            SPECIAL CREDIT TO ANAS FOR PROVIDING AND APPROVING DETAILS
And others are mentioned in their respective posts
Thanks to the moderators Farzi and Aahana

Edited by Vmaa - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vmaa thumbnail

Masters in psychology   winning Mr Punjab title doing some Punjabhi Music Albums
 Anas was encouraged by his friends and family and he moved to Mumbai
to try his luck in the Tellywood
Mano ya na mano, Phir koi hai, Aahat, Kesar were some of the shows he was seen.
EKTA kapoor's Kahin to hoga gave him the break through where he played an angry
negative business tycoon Karthik  Ahluwalia followed by PRC  which was a hit.
As the  king Prthviraj Chauhan he gained popularity and a solid fandom.
He played the prince Yashwardan in Aise karo na vida which melted so many hearts
to see him as a silent lover though the show went off air before it scheduled time.
Then emerged suraj of DABH a unique role ever in the industry and sure he will live in the hearts
of the telly viewers for ever as SURAJ RATHI

AYUSHMAN BAWA

BY Padma Ji

Roses bloom in ur laughter
Your eyes speak in silence
Handsome, ur gaze with your lips slightly parted...
our hearts will melt in that.
Anas...u gave life to "Suraj"
Suraj, the soul of dabh, adding colour and
making it as beautiful as a rainbow.
There are days we just
wait for a glimpse of u.
Your love for kids is an ocean
we enjoy watching.
You are the pride of Starplus 
You are a golden star
glittering with a lot of talent
Your acting is a cool breeze
that caresses our hearts
You make us forget our stress
Give us wings to fly in the world of happiness
Seeing you smile makes us smile too.
Happy birthday to u Anas!!
Wishing that all your wishes come true
Wishing u a very bright future
We will wait for the melodious music (you)
to play again in the small screen.
Come soon in a new role
Love u Anas
Stay blessed always.

You are the wind beneath my Wings

by - shruthiravi

Every time a man reaches success it is said that a woman is behind his success or rather she is the wind beneath his wings. If you have to describe Sooraj Rathi of DABH in one word he was that. Wind beneath Sandhya's wings. First time Indian Television bought a male lead who ends up having an ambitious wife. She had a dream of becoming an IPS officer while he is a 9th pass halwai. Instead of making his study as a barrier for her in achieving her dream, this man single handedly fights the societal norms to give his lady a space in the sun. He questions the society telling when a woman can be a good wife supporting her husband in every step, standing by him when he performs the duty of a son, duty of a brother why his role is limited to just being a son and brother. Why cant he be a good husband. If encourages his brother or sister to study he is termed a good brother. But when he extends the same courtesy to his wife, why he is termed " Joru Ka Ghulam. Why marriage becomes the altar of clipping a girl's wings. Why her dreams has to be sacrificed because her husband's family expects a slave in the DIL. Isnt she an individual. Doesn't husband have a duty towards her. Why the society is not allowing a man to do the duty of a husband.

While the lady herself gives up the dream fearing society, its questions he carries her.. When his family tells she is no longer their DIL, he tells she is his wife, the woman to whom he has given the 7 promises. He keeps his honour in line for liberating her from a suffocating married life. He decides to give up his dream if she doesn't want to go for her dream. He takes the oath of celibacy till she gets the dream so that she is not forced to be wife to him in every sense. She gives away 2 matkas to satisfy her MILs ego, but giving the 3rd matka as his trust on her, he brings her back on the track. He walks out with her, till his family is able to accept her with her dream. He makes her Sandhya Rathi IPS.

Wind we say is not seen. Wind is felt. Anyone who has watched DABH pre- IPS would have seen this wind, would have felt the wind. The fragrance the wind bought. And that wind was Sooraj Rathi. The most inspirational and beautifully etched character of DABH and a character played beautifully well by Anas Rashid.

CVs ignored the wind post IPS. They tried to make Bhabo the wind beneath Sandhya. But the wind made DABH what it is. And the moment they ignored wind and started highlighting the wings the show which was soaring in the sky started its downward journey. CVs realised far too late you cannot fly without the wind with wings alone.

kudos to Sooraj Rathi once again .

Vmaa thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWL_FQAyqXk[/YOUTUBE]

The most valuable award of his life is his parents and the loved ones

And the most treasured awards for him is
 as he always say '' the love prayer and wishes I get from my fans are the most precious awards I have ever received''

EVER LOVING SURAJ
                    by Neel-M

Suraj Rathi is the eldest son of the Rathi family who plays a very mature character in the show.

He is very famous among his audiences for his sweet, humble, generous and sacrificing character.

He runs a sweet stall near his house and is very happy with his small business.

Suraj respects his mother though she acts as a dictator in the house.

His wife Sandhya came from an educated family background where she could take decision independently. In the beginning Sandhya disliked Suraj due to his work as a Halwai and did not accept him as her husband. Suraj tried to impress her but with no luck.

However Suraj came to know that Sandhya had a dream to become an IPS officer. He helped her to fulfil her dream by going against his strict mother and overcome some serious hurdles. This brings both of them closer as husband and wife.

Suraj Rathi is a name of a man who dedicated his life for his family and his wife. He is a man of sacrifices. He is the saviour of his wife; he also suffered a lot for his wife's profession without a complaint.

He is a self-made man with heart full of love for his family and his wife. He is like an umbrella, saving his near and dear ones from all the storms they ever faced.

But no character is hundred percent perfect. He has his limitations but not that something uncountable. He surely can be called mama's boy!

He is a man of no dream for himself. He started as a Halwai and ending as a Halwai too without any progression.

Vmaa thumbnail

SURAJ IN MY EYES 
                       - 
susee

We all love Suraj. Why not?  He is such a sweet and generous person,lovable husband, dotting father,dutiful son and self made man ,etc... 

Self made Man:

To save his family,Suraj became sole bread winner at early age. if anyone in his place , would've been or forced to do so. but what makes him so special he never regretted his decision.He was a successful student still he sacrificed his studies for family welfare.he could've been felt bad at when his siblings and society mocked him for his status still every single day he does his profession sincerely.I think Suraj is one of the successful protagonist who broke the mindset that Protagonist must be Rich and damn smart. This halwai won our hearts with his simplicity.  

Lovable Husband: 

Yes.This is the main knot of our show.How a husband tries his best to fulfill his wife's dream. Is that the reason for Suraj become best pati.No.Suraj become best Pati when he understood his wife needs space and gave that to her. Yes, It's easy to break a Relation or responsibility but it needs an honest mind to fulfill one's responsibilities whether others does theirs or not. It's Suraj Patience and Commitment only made this so called 'Mismatch Maariage' successful. of course supporting wife's dream and responsibilities is the top notch of his qualities. Dutiful Son:      It's a one of the important problem Suraj character had to deal with it. How one can satisfy both mother and wife.Many of us would have blamed Suraj for not standing with Sandy dream openly.His love to his mother and siblings would've irritated us. but I think the point is Even though he didn't openly support sandy dream, he always stood for her.At the same time he never failed to give respect to his parents. it's really good to see him balancing both relations. especially I loved the scene when Suraj did all his tricks to send sandy for her award function.As a husband, He did what is right and As a Son , he obeyed his mother's wish. when his mother misunderstood that incident, he didn't clarify that because Suraj never shows off , always mean it. 

Responsible Father:  

When Suraj became father, if you think after Ved and Vansh birth, I'm sorry.I think he became father when he started to taking responsibilities towards his siblings. He Could've treat his siblings low but he didn't. He helped them to fulfill their wishes. He financially supported them in their marriages, career and education.He did every possible thing as a father can do for his children.Yes,He loves and cares his own sons and junior RPs too. 

Good Citizen:   
  I always feel Surajs this quality always underated and ignored. I think it happens because many people thinks only Army and Police can be patriotic. But truth is any single man who helps for his society improvement is a good citizen. Suraj may not be social worker but he always helps people around him. That's what makes him a good citizen.  

Best Employer:  

Yes.Its one of Good things I found in him. He always cares his employees. When his first employee started a sweet shop,He happily blessed him. Of course He took care on his employee's brother. one more incident too heart touching one. When he decided to shut his shop,he went to other sweet shop for getting job for his employee. Definitely it takes guts to do that.   

Why should characters like Suraj is necessary to soaps?      is it because he is inspirational?One 's morals decide their inspirational.One may agree with above or may not but Suraj a likes must took place in soaps because I feel psychologically onscreen characters make impact on us. After watching villains in relations will make us to doubt on our true relations. when we started to watching trustworthy characters on screen,it will make us to trust this society too.
at the same time CVS are responsible enough justify his prosperity else it'll make negative impact that one might not follow suraj.   

Some may ask me don't Suraj have any faults. My answer is yes, he does. Suraj too have his own faults but Only one quality is enough why Suraj is special and peculiar. Suraj loves everyone without expecting anything from them. Suraj loves his enemies too even though they keeps hurting him. Suraj loves one whether he/She known or unknown.                As said before, this quality will boosts ones love for his family, his neighbour , his society, his country and every thing becauseLOVE IS GOD.          

IN CANDID WITH ANAS
by Vmaa

Conversation with Anas is always entertaining and informative ones.
we had many moments to talk and discuss about many subjects of life.
Recalling them now I realise how versatile and talented he is.
Every discussion is punched with a story or verse by him .
Wonder how he remembers all those lines to say with apt timing.

Speaking about the stardom and lifestyle, he recalls the struggles he went through.
It didn't happen overnight he has to wait slog and face so many obstacles.

PRC gave him the limelight but DABH made him more popular with fame and awards.
"I know this jilebi wala will work,
I waited for nine long months after signing the contract though some of my friends and family
were little doubtful about it. But my intuition was correct and I got a different kind
of treatment from the people around me."

When asked about did this fame made him overconfident of his talent
he refused saying "l am confident of myself but not overconfident.
Even today I feel nervous when doing a scene but that nervousness leads me to give my best."

And talking about lifestyle,
"I am a simple man from a village and my needs are very limited.
I am happy with the way I am. Shooting is my priority apart from my family and a few close friends."

He is concerned about  social issues be it about women, children or environment.
Many times he voiced his opinion about these issues and I felt here is a man
not only concerned about his own family but also others around him.

Anas's speciality of speech is in his sense of humor and in being spontaneous.
The  ability to make people laugh around  is not a talent everyone have.

He recalls how he dodged maths tuition classes from his grandfather,
"we cousins had to attend tuition class and my dada will be ready with a stick.
If the stick is not available, he will cut and get hold of a hosepipe.
We will take turn  saying 'you go first, you go first' to get beating from him."

When asked did you get good marks after all those beating,
he replied with a laugh, "no chance at all.. algebra and maths are my worst enemies."

Another moment he proudly recalled is the opening of his restaurant
"My father was just discharged from the hospital after three months of
hospitalization in March  2000. I took my parents and made them open the shutter of my restaurant.
The opening of ''Mehrab Cafe'' on 16th March 2000 was a happy and proud moment for my family and me."

Talking about his restaurant days, "I felt so happy the time spent in kitchen, it's not about I'm eating
but it's about feeding others, those are the memorable times of my restaurant days."

As we know he is very fond of children and when told that he will make a good father one day,
he laughs and says "Insha Allah.. my kids what they want to do or what they will become is their wish and kismat,
but I will try my best to bring them up as a good human parting the values and morals taught to me by my parents."

When asked about the challenges in his career, he says, "everyday is a challenge...
and I like challenges.
DON WITHOUT WEAPON  hahaha."

When asked about toughest portrayal, he responds,
"the paralyzed sequence was a bit challenging, keeping you immobile below the neck
at the same time to show all the expressions with face and voice, it drained the energy
of my body and mind which ended up causing some health issues too..
but the outcome was satisfactory..that matters the most!"

The close to heart scene so far in DABH according to him is
"the soul talking scene with bahboo after the HJ was
the best and close to heart in my whole career."

Being part of a renowned ancestral root his goal of life
"My wish is to make not only my family and my loved ones feel proud of me,
the day will come to make my country men feel proud of me,
and leaving something good behind forever to remember."

Dear Anas, hope and wish all your dreams and wishes come true.
On this day of your birthday all our prayers and wishes are with you...
HAppy birthday Anas...

Vmaa thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yih4-rel4vo[/YOUTUBE]

TOP 10 SCENES of Suraj aka Anas
by - NJ

A great scene, to me, is one that can perfectly highlight itself as one of a serial's great moments, aided by the stupendous performance of the artist. This includes the use of music, camera movements, scripting as well as acting. I have tried to create a list that is varied, meaning there are scenes from old and new episodes from various tracks. This list will detail the reasons as to why these 10 scenes are the greatest in terms of Anas' performance as Suraj. Please bear in mind that these scenes are all fairly personal to me and that they reflect my views. There may be some I have left out, but these are all my personal choices. So let's begin shall we?

10. The blindfold

This is a scene, a member described as thrilling exquisite and brilliant. Well, let me bring you to the memory lane, this was the scene of a WTC mahaepi just before the wo ai ni confession in which suraj was given a penalty -to cook blindfolded. Anas being a chef in real, managed to get into the skin of the character easily. The way Suraj was cutting the vegetables, trying out the cooker by touch, picking up the oil, masalas, water, differentiating sugar and the salt, finding the fallen container on the floor, the way he was intently listening to the dish in the pan, opening the cooker, counting the minutes and temperature, sniffing the dish - was just mind blowing. Only half of his face was shown and yet we could see his emotions be if fear, confidence or happiness. Thus, this scene made into my TOP 10 list.

9. The scooter ride

A psychotherapist mentioned "The relationship a boy shares with his father is a constant in life - friendships with schoolmates, fraternity brothers and work colleagues will come and go, but the father-son relationship is one that lasts throughout life". I guess you know who am I referring to. Being a huge Veraj fan, I could not avoid from making their scenes into the top 10. Anas, for the first time playing a father in his career lived his character as a loving father who can go to any extent to make his son happy. The scene that caught me was this particular episode of Ved sleeping while hugging suraj asking for comfort and suraj holding him tight gently caressing his hair and that followed by a next day cute scene of which Veraj were riding together on the scooter. When Ved asked Suraj how he knows everything about him, Suraj replied that being his father, he could read what's in Ved's heart by just looking at his face. The scene was beautiful because we saw a father, we saw a friend, we saw a bond, and we saw love -through one person- Suraj. In that scene, Anas as Suraj Papa stands above all.

8. The sabse bada champion

This scene may be a surprise to many. Suraj did not speak much other than motivating Sandhya when she was about to lose. But even in such small scope, Anas as Suraj brought up the right emotion at the right moment. For this particular sequence, Hindustani Times quoted saying "Even though his role is underplayed, Anas Rashid's acting is brilliant. He packs in a great performance, with priceless emotions, especially in the scene where he had to support his wife and also cheer her on during a contest." This is why we all respected and respecting Anas, even with the less screen space he makes his presence felt. SBC climax is a clear example of such scenario.

7. The Lost Man

Suraj mental state has always been a matter of fun in AT, we call him mad, we call him loosu, but Anas has portrayed it so brilliantly that we felt he may end up becoming one (LOL)! Jokes apart, this avatar made into the Top 7 because it really deserves to be one because of the intensity and pain it can bring to the ones watching. Yes, I'm referring to this particular scene in which Sooraj sees few clothes catching fire and recalls Sandhya's last rites. The way he reacted crying "aag aag" made us feel like jumping into the screen to give him a reality check. The injection, the fears and the tears that followed were heart wrenching.

6.  The SR outburst

Next on countdown at number 6 is the scene which I still remember caused a lot of disatisfaction among forumites, many debated that the concept of Diya Baati is ruined and some even were disappointed as they felt it degraded husband wife relationship. This scene however, if it is analyzed differently, actually depicted Suraj as a wonderful spouse and more than that a great human. The man who loved his wife with all heart and soul decided to put all his love aside so that she can achieve her dream without any hindrances. The highlight was the outburst of suraj after the failed SR (initiated by sandhya after bhabo's brainwashing session). The scene was enacted well by Anas who presented himself as a hurt lover who felt dejected, rejected and disappointed.

5. The goodbye

TA separation scenes are definitely the most memorable and heart wrenching moments of the show. For some fans, including myself, this track marked the end of glorious days of DABH. We saw one of the most heartbreaking moments of the show which brought tears to every pair of eyes watching. I personally never liked to see a man crying but Anas as Suraj brought out the right emotion as a loving husband and proved that men's silent can be the loudest cry. The scene that particularly I would like to point out is the goodbye scene by suraj who was unable to meet sandhya in training academy due to circumstances. But when it is just about time, he finally got to see a glimpse of her from far. There was no words said in that scene. Only gestures. But, we understood what he wanted to say, we understood what he felt, we understood his language of love and we understood his pain of separation. Just like suraj, I'm too running out of words so once again quoting Hindustani Times which described the whole sequence and Suraj as

4. The Guilty Man

When a show reaches it's saturation point, it tends to lose it's charm. But sometimes without you even realising, some scenes will pull you back to the show through some exceptional screenplay like this scene which takes up position number 4 in our Top 10 countdown. Yes, I'm talking about  none other than the current track- "The mystery of Mohit's death" which saw a magnificent performance from Anas once again. The sorrow, anger and pain Suraj went through after tying and locking sandy in MKD was emoted and captured brilliantly. The highlight  was the mirror breaking scene which Anas casually attempted but it turn out to be simply amazing yet heartbreaking. 

3. The Reunion

Diya Baati wouldn't be a success without Anas' contribution in creating an amazing chemistry with his co-star. With chemistry as the basis, the scene which grabs the third position is ... Yes! the epic scene of DABH- the bus accident which marked the reunion of Suraj and Sandhya. The scene heading to climax was so touchy as Suraj who pretended to hate sandhya was put to a biggest test of his life after the bus Sandhya was traveling met with a serious accident. He ran like a mad man searching for sandhya, hoping and praying silently that she will be fine. And finally when he found her alive, his eyes teared, his feet dragged him towards her, hands hugged her and that followed by a beautiful confession which marked the Maha Milan of diya Baati.

2. The soul talk

This scene made into top two mainly because it is close to the heart of the actor himself. Secondly, because of the mother son conversation which can touch the depth of your hearts. Thirdly, for Anas and Neeluji's mind blowing performance. Bhabo and Suraj's bond has always been a highlight in DABH. The bonding became stronger after the Hijack as both fought to keep each other alive. This particular scene which takes the runners up position is the scene in which bhabo was in death bed and met Suraj as soul light. When bhabo was about to leave the world, Suraj fought with her soul and brought her back to life. Just watch scenes where he asked, "who will take care of me then, how will I manage?" "what will I tell your grandchildren when they ask where is our Dadi? "When bhabo said "I have to go, my time is up", he refused saying "death was for me, the bullet was shot on me and you came in between..."If you want to go, then I have a promise that my love and duties are true for you, you will not go alone, I will come along," Listening to those words, finally Bhabho gets heart beat running and opens her eyes. So that is number two for you- for the one of the best dialogues in DABH.

1. The divorce

If a story, screenplay and acting are at their best this is what you'll get - a phenomenal output. Yes, I'm talking about this numero uno scene of this top 10 countdown- the divorce paper discovery. Ask any DABH fan, they would say this is the scene that made them fall for the show and love this simple halwai called Suraj Rathi. And now do I need to explain the scenes? Aren't they all fresh in our memories- even after four years? Who can forget Suraj's emotional turmoil after seeing the divorce paper? Who can forget that night when he cried in sleep, who can forget the imaginary dream he had dreading for the separation and who can ever forget the SV2 (Suraj version 2) track that followed by that? Definitely a scene to cherish, a performance to remember.

And that's the Top 10 scenes of Suraj that I'm sure all fans will remember even after 10 or 20 or 100 years of the show!!!

Vmaa thumbnail
WISHES / WISHES/ WISHES

-ABHI-

- RAJSHREE -

-  KAVI -

- ROSY -

Vmaa thumbnail

- NEELA -

Happy Birthday Anas Rashid, lots of love, and thank you for portraying the character of Suraj Rathi. I wish to see your progress more and more in future! And also wish to see you have a very peaceful life ahead!!!

- MJV2 -

Vmaa thumbnail
- SULEKHA -

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjEEi-aLM2E[/YOUTUBE]

THE THREAD IS OPEN FOR COMMENTS AND WISHES FRIENDS AND ONCE AGAIN HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR ANAS AND THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT AND LOVE
Vmaa thumbnail
Anas celebrating his birthday with India Forum

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Nojz0XujM[/YOUTUBE]
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice thread Vma... Great effort...this going to be a birthday thread for Anas as well as tribute to Suraj because only through Suraj we found Anas...

I'll come back with wishes...soon