The Catcher In The Rye by Salinger

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey guys I just finished reading The Catcher In The Rye by Salinger and I absolutely loved it.
I would love to read more such books now, I mean the ones about teenage rebellion against society so would love if any of you could suggest me some good books!

also there's no movie based on The Catcher In The Rye? Tried to look for some movie adaptation but couldn't find any! That's pretty strange, there are movies about almost all literary classics, why not this one then? ðŸ˜²
Hey Priya!!
How is the book? In the sense, the genre and all.
I will read if I get time then.
Originally posted by MusicAddict

Hey Priya!!
How is the book? In the sense, the genre and all.
I will read if I get time then.

It's amazing! You must try it. Beautifully writtern with a wonderful sense of humour. In some parts I really laughed out loud lmao!
And it induces you to think about the society we live in as well. It's really interesting, easy to read, fun and light. I loved it so much!
the book is very good...i remember reading it years back in one of english classes...
Originally posted by _Meena_

the book is very good...i remember reading it years back in one of english classes...
Yes Meena it actually is! It's one my most favourite books ever. Loved it too!
Originally posted by iPriyalicious

It's amazing! You must try it. Beautifully writtern with a wonderful sense of humour. In some parts I really laughed out loud lmao!
And it induces you to think about the society we live in as well. It's really interesting, easy to read, fun and light. I loved it so much!

Okay thanks!! Will read it, and then tell ya!
I agree, that was a very good book; and this is coming from someone who generally doesn't enjoy "classics"! I didn't know it didn't have a movie adaptation, but it could possibly because it's a very difficult book to make a movie of - it is more about Holden's thoughts/observations, etc., not stuff that actually happens.
Such a fabulous book, seriously who lot of ideas ,well expressed ,read it way before in my 1st year lit
s