Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rajiv Rai and Sonam formally divorce!

RamSiyaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Director Rajiv Rai, actress wife Sonam formally divorce after 15 years of separation

Filmmaker Rajiv Rai and 90s actress Sonam have finally ended their 25-year-old marriage. The couple who were living separately for 15 years formally ended their marriage on 25 July.

Rajiv Rai and Sonam. Image from Twitter.

Rajiv Rai said that despite all their attempts to make the marriage work, the relationship just fell apart. He also clarified that it wasn't anyone's fault and that they both reached the decision mutually without any arguments or fights.

The couple delayed their divorce for their son's sake and were waiting for him to turn 18 before they completely parted ways . Now they have left it to their son Gaurav, who currently works with Rajiv's production house, to decide who he would want to stay with.

Saying that they are still best friends, Rai said to The Times of India, "She has been a good wife and mother and I have no complaints. Don't be surprised if you spot us in a restaurant having lunch together."

The couple fell in love during the filming of Tridev, where Rai was the director and Sonam was one of the lead actresses. Though Sonam, all of 19, was just climbing the ladders of success, she quit the world of stardom to marry Rai in 1991.

Following an attack on the Gupt director by the Mumbai underworld, the couple moved abroad with their son Gaurav and only returned in 2014.

http://www.firstpost.com/bollywood/director-rajiv-rai-actress-sonam-formally-divorce-after-15-years-of-separation-2926870.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So the blind was indeed correct. This also means most blinds are true!๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
This means if a blind is true, you will get something concrete sooner or later... Examples being Fawad's (probably with some exaggeration), DP and this one... 
If nothing, you will never hear anything mpre about it like DP visiting RK, or Kareena getting abortion
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
sorry for their marriage, but your last line cracked me up...but it seems the adage, 'beena aag ke dhua nahi uthata', is true after all
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
If they were living separately, what good was it for thier son  for them to remain married on paper? Edited by yamyam - 7 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: yamyam

If they were living separately, what good was it for thier son  for them to remain married on paper?

Says they were living abroad. So was this really a mutual decision or did Rajiv Rai not want to give her a divorce until the son turned 18 so he wouldn't have to pay child support? ๐Ÿค”
Serendipity.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
SO the blind that was posted a couple of days back was about Rajiv and Sonam. Well, good luck to both of them. 
RamSiyaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anjs

sorry for their marriage, but your last line cracked me up...but it seems the adage, 'beena aag ke dhua nahi uthata', is true after all

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Yeap I have observed that most blinds sooner or later turn out to be true. For eg RanKat break up, HR-Kangy affair. OMG that means Bhai has married Ilulia and she is bhabhi๐Ÿ˜†
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: yamyam

This means if a blind is true, you will get something concrete sooner or later... Examples being Fawad's (probably with some exaggeration), DP and this one... 

If nothing, you will never hear anything mpre about it like DP visiting RK, or Kareena getting abortion

Remember I had told you that day ๐Ÿ˜†
Dp , ranveer saga and ranbjr ayan saga , I salute he journo ๐Ÿ‘
PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
I was wondering when sonam kapoor got married and also divorced๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Btw donno any of them:/
This is the exact situation in one of my relative that they had been living separately for few years and now waiting for their son to turn 18 to get divorce. Sometimes it's better to end the marriage before they bring kids to the world. Otherwise the kid have to suffer for their parents unhappy marriage. Bet this thing is about to happen to maliaka arbaaz as well.