Balika Vadhu

Gestation , Manifestation , and Mutation [The last drop of a tear.P2!]

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Gestation , Manifestation , and Mutation , that was the character of the Anandi , the story of our Balika Vadhu !

Together we share our life story, we look for good in others glory -that was Anandi's  motto  !

Someone sent by god to do great things ,one of the  heaven's angels with no visible wings , descended in to our drawing rooms   to attract our attention ,  to mesmerize us   to lead us towards this IF , TO SHARE , TO  CRAVE , TO GRIEVE  AND TO BELIEVE !

she was  the definition of the  friendship , greatest friend to all ! An iconic  persona  , a protagonist  !

That is the  summing - up of the story of our  Anandi , the classic character from Balika Vadhu !

The seed was planted by child Anandi , a small sapling grabbed our attention and from then on we were not aware of the consequential adoration , it was just happened and tied all of us to the serial as well as this IF bonding too !!

At the start of the serial Anandi was just a small child ,  was  the embodiment of impulsiveness and spontaneity.  On the other hand, the transformation of her character towards the end of the serial  from a joyous, spirited chirpy child to a  'waif-like'  homeless ,neglected  woman who is only interested in her   children   and while saving them  met with a violent death .  An  inappropriate, almost humiliating  ending to that classic character .   Once a profound  supporter  of   girl child  and her education  and  an advocate  of  the empowerment of women ,  in her last stage  was unable to reveal the truth to her own daughter  and so hazy to decide what to do and what not to do , met  her end  in an unknown place  and disappeared without any trace !! How can we forgive the writer and the director for this cruel joke they played with us ?!

Anandi was   a breath of fresh air and laughter who knows instinctively that life is for living, for loving others , for helping and defining  the real meaning of compassion  . As the beloved only daughter of  Bhago she has been raised in  rural village  to rule the hearts of million viewers world wide  .

She struggled a lot in her sasra because of D'sa , but still  sustained  there with the love of Jaggiya and others . When the little Anandi  was shut in the darkroom , how we all terrified for her wails , petrified for that small kid's  frantic   calls for help , for that shivering little girl ,  how we all extended our hands in our  TV rooms  to hug  that small girl who was nearer to our heart  at that time !

Later , when that  budding love started blooming in the adolescent hearts of the Balika Vadhu and Var ,  when it blossomed , when it lured us all  towards dreaming  , how many smiles slipped from our lips irrespective of our age at that time  ??!! It was a beautiful recollection period for many !

Still remember , how the young  lovers struggled to have their first kiss , their conjugal bliss , when it started ,when it ended , no one had an idea , it was  a  flow  , we  swayed with her romantic feelings , we cried for her  tears, fears , never ending sufferings , --how can we  forget  her  longing for studies , her longing for freedom , her never ending tirade towards social injustice towards widows , fellow balika Vadhus ,  her fight against  blind beliefs , social injustice  -what a great character it was ??!! Where and why we lost her ??

Her huge popularity among ordinary viewers like me and great art critics  like many ,acknowledged her  as the foremost   character in the contemporary  Indian  TV industry ! This character is not merely geographically oriented , but an expression of a  contemporary  woman's  outcry of her  soul  , descended  in to our drawing rooms as Anandi ! Her character went through irony and paradox , leads the viewer from the visible to invisible ! Many tears escaped from the cusp of our eyelids for her all the time  !

When she was  standing behind  that  closed door in her room  , knowing that  Jaggiya was in the hug of Gowri in the next room ,  they are enjoying their SR , on that day in my Anandi's eyes I have seen a tormented wife's pain , a tortured chick's  silent wail , a crushed tender flower's  muted voice , all the seas were not enough to store the tears we all shed that night ,  throughout the day with a frown on the face ,  with an uncontrollable anger  how agonized we were  in those days ?!

As she goes on an enormous journey , Anandi 's such a vast character to portray -I love   my Anandi so much , many of us were   quite protective  too,  shared an inexplainable attachment with her ,   as my favourite character  she is a part that's going to stay with me.

It was quite an emotional bonding I shared with my Anandi  , though illusory , it was so real to me , and to many like me ! Will share some more feelings with you all tomorrow  . 

Thanks to friend Kase , for her words --
they did not kill it but slaughtered it in front of loyal viewers.
Bold --- Kase, your these priceless words made me to write this  separate post as--- Gestation , Manifestation and Mutation of our Balika Vadhu ! These words evoked an emotional outburst  from  this loyal viewer's  heart .😭

Edited by Viswasruti - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

seraal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
really its a slaughter of anandi  it woul have been revamped with living anandi with her kids intact and bondedlike a closed-net family of shiv...it could have been...alas!!!!!!
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful write up. The show will be remembered for those excellent moments. They tried their best to spoil the brand. It is unbelievable that Colors killed it's most precious baby heartlessly.
This content was originally posted by: seraal

really its a slaughter of anandi  it woul have been revamped with living anandi with her kids intact and bondedlike a closed-net family of shiv...it could have been...alas!!!!!!

It would have been lovely to see her raising the kids with help of family member's of shiv, running a institution like SN and BHAILI, being the lovely bhabi of mahi with a jealous sister in law.
Endless search for nandini and then sending akhi to jail. Then N could have grown up - anandi guiding her through her problems - Kundan at his revenge strategy, Nandini s love life. Shivam could have been an army man with his story. All could have revolved around ANANDI.
Dadisa could have been there taking care of her too as another support. Jagya and Ganga could have a diff story with Mannu - Puja problem, Abhi's split with Mannu and Shivam. Ratan s entry in their life. Ample stories.
But channel wanted to strip it one by one so and you do not even bothered to look at her.
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Wonderful post, brought so many fond memories back!

BV and Anandi was like a breathe of fresh air in the era of typical clinched TV bahus.. It was the child Anandi's pure heart, goodness and innocence that attracted me towards BV.. Then I got connected to her struggle, then her pain as she grew up and her world turned upside down, and then it was her happiness with the man she deserved to be with, that kept me hooked to the show over years!!

Wish they could have given her a better end though.. Nonetheless, Anandi and because of her, Shiv as well, will always have a special place in my heart..
cygnet9 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Excellent post Madhu👏, waiting to see more from you.

Anandi is very close to my heart because of what all qualities you have written. Here I want to add more that I do liked Gauri, Gehna, Sumitra, Phooli, Era, Meenu, Dadisa, Badi Maasi, Teacherji, Shivani and the most recent one Kamali, Mangla and Harki. All these characters had unique characterization at one point of time in the show. Special mention will be Ganga. The CV's introduced this character with her own identity, but simultaneously they Anandified her which was not required.

I will mention once again here that Anandi was Inspiration to many girls, but the CV's and writers spoiled her story.
stuti.. thumbnail
And what a degeneration. That we actually welcome the End.
Thanks TM for a fine snapshot of the early stage that beheld the original story...
Bhago's piercing cry reverberates in memory. A cry that underlined the lowest point of her daughter's dismal life...The turnaround was befitting the spirit of the Child- integrity of the Woman. She lifted herself through sheer strength of the character, undefeated will. It was this theme that galvanised the story..
Despite a recurring charge of annoying submissiveness to the injustice, the charge could also be explained as a numbing conflict between the sense of belonging to a family she embraced, her loyal love, betrayal and a self respect suppressed. The conflict numbed an agile mind in early stage. But she recovered; by letting go of her first love. Then Forgiving him and moving on to build her own life. The effect of this constructive approach was so powerful that not only she recouped herself fully but she even managed to save the family which sheltered her in her low phase. To the extent that scion of the family was redeemed because of her innate positivity. He was  saved from a degeneration certain in absence of the sincere forgiveness that he was lucky to receive from a true friend. That was The story- Original. 

kase thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Viswasruti

</p>

<font color="#990099"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Gestation , Manifestation , and Mutation , that was the character of the Anandi , the story of our Balika Vadhu !</font></font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Together we share our life story, we look for good in
others glory -that was Anandi's motto !</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"></b></font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Someone sent by god to do great things ,one of the heaven's angels with no visible wings ,
descended in to our drawing rooms to attract our attention , to mesmerize us to lead us towards this IF , TO SHARE , TO CRAVE , TO GRIEVE AND TO BELIEVE ! </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"></font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">she was the
definition of the friendship , greatest
friend to all ! An iconic persona , a protagonist ! </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">That is the summing -
up of the story of our Anandi , the
classic character from Balika Vadhu !</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">The seed was planted by child Anandi , a small sapling grabbed our attention and from then on we were not aware of the consequential adoration , it was just happened and tied all of us to the serial as well as this IF bonding too !!
</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">At the start of the serial Anandi was just a small child , was the embodiment of impulsiveness and
spontaneity. On the other hand, the
transformation of her character towards the end of the serial from a joyous, spirited chirpy child to a 'waif-like' homeless ,neglected woman who is only interested in her children and
while saving them met with a violent
death . An inappropriate, almost humiliating ending to that classic character . Once a
profound supporter of girl child and her education and an
advocate of the empowerment of women , in her last stage was unable to reveal the truth to her own
daughter and so hazy to decide what to
do and what not to do , met her end in an unknown place and disappeared without any trace !! How can
we forgive the writer and the director for this cruel joke they played with us
?! </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Anandi was a breath
of fresh air and laughter who knows instinctively that life is for living, for
loving others , for helping and defining
the real meaning of compassion . As the
beloved only daughter of Bhago she has
been raised in rural village to rule the hearts of million viewers world wide .</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">She struggled a lot in her sasra because of D'sa , but
still sustained there with the love of Jaggiya and others . When
the little Anandi was shut in the darkroom
, how we all terrified for her wails , petrified for that small kid's frantic
calls for help , for that
shivering little girl , how we all
extended our hands in our TV rooms to hug that small girl who was nearer to our
heart at that time ! </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Later , when that budding love started blooming in the adolescent
hearts of the Balika Vadhu and Var , when it blossomed , when it lured us all towards dreaming , how many smiles slipped from our lips
irrespective of our age at that time ??!! It was a beautiful recollection period for many !</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Still remember , how the young lovers struggled to have their first kiss ,
their conjugal bliss , when it started ,when it ended , no one had an idea , it
was a
flow , we swayed with her romantic feelings , we cried
for her tears, fears , never ending
sufferings , --how can we forget her
longing for studies , her longing for freedom , her never ending tirade
towards social injustice towards widows , fellow balika Vadhus , her fight against blind beliefs , social injustice -what a great character it was ??!! Where and
why we lost her ?? </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Her huge popularity among ordinary viewers like me and
great art critics like many ,acknowledged her as the foremost character in the contemporary Indian TV
industry ! This character is not merely geographically oriented , but an
expression of a contemporary woman's outcry of her
soul , descended in to our drawing rooms as Anandi ! Her
character went through irony and paradox , leads the viewer from the visible to
invisible ! Many tears escaped from the cusp of our eyelids for her all the time !</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">When she was standing
behind that closed door in her room , knowing that
Jaggiya was in the hug of Gowri in the next room , they are enjoying their SR , on that day in
my Anandi's eyes I have seen a tormented wife's pain , a tortured chick's silent wail , a crushed tender flower's muted voice , all the seas were not enough to
store the tears we all shed that night ,
throughout the day with a frown on the face , with an uncontrollable anger how agonized we were in those days ?! </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><b><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">As she goes on an enormous journey , Anandi 's such a vast
character to portray -I love my Anandi so
much , many of us were quite protective too, shared an inexplainable attachment with her , as my favourite
character she is a part that's going to
stay with me. </font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">It was quite an emotional bonding I shared with my Anandi , though illusory , it was so real to me , and
to many like me ! Will share some more feelings with you all tomorrow .
</font>
</font>

<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Thanks to friend Kase , for her words --</font></font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="5">they did not kill it but slaughtered it in front of loyal viewers.</font>
<font color="#006666"><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">Bold --- Kase, your these priceless words made me to write this separate
post as--- Gestation , Manifestation and Mutation of our Balika Vadhu !
These words evoked an emotional outburst from this loyal viewer's heart .😭</font>
</font>

<p>

Wonderful wonderful post - captures the essence of Anandi & BV. We were irritated by her goodness , her utter stupidity, her helplessness in front of Mangala many a times, but she was a woman of spirit and substance.
her story could have got over logically at any of the milestones - Her marriage to Shiv, becoming a mother and living happily , when she found her daughter and they could have shown her bringing up the 2 kids as a single mom ...
BUT
they had to give her story such a horrible end.. I don't think its greed of TRP as anyone in the creative industry could have guessed the story and cast would not raise the TRP

RIP BV - Iconic , unconventional show of its time
Avyakta thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Really great post Madhuri !👏
You expressed your emotional bonding with that Iconic character Anandi in a wonderful way  , shared your frustration  for the slaughtered Anandi and her inspiring  story .
Waiting to read more from you . I know how much you adore Anandi , and I am aware of the fact that you came to IF for sharing your sorrow  for the sad demise of one of our friend Seetha in this journey , a  great fan of Anandi . 
With the well  written , well  developed  story ,just like a tribute to womanhood ,an  iconic rise of Anandi and her popularity world over ,  and then  the  painful fall of that classic character and the consequent frustration and anger expressed by many . Is it not because of unnecessary leaps ,  changing of face[ Jaggiya ] and the killing of another lead [ shiv] the root cause of   the brutal murder of the soul of the show ?! They eliminated themselves from the world  map , world TV industry , and made themselves an ordinary channel ! ---once Colors  Channel was watched worldwide  only for this great serial , now hated for their misdeeds regarding the same show ! Alas !
Viswasruti thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: leavesandwaves

Wonderful write up. The show will be remembered for those excellent moments. They tried their best to spoil the brand. It is unbelievable that Colors killed it's most precious baby heartlessly.

Leaves well said -- Colors killed it's most precious baby heartlessly ! See it's phenomenal success everywhere ! Are they not aware of it's popularity which is glaringly visible from everywhere ? Why they did this to the most precious character  of Indian TV serial world , our beloved Anandi ? In some parts of the world still it is telecasting  , the first season , I am sure no one will subscribe the season 2 version ! We got recognition because of this Anandi , and they  dumped her in to a dirty pit , drowned her in a deep river ? Alas , what a pity , means we don't know how to sustain our success !!!See this

International broadcast

• Croatia In Croatia, it began airing on Doma TV from Monday to Friday at 08:10 am (Central European time) under the title Mala nevjesta (Little bride).
  • Bulgaria In Bulgaria, it began airing on Nova TV from Monday to Friday at 04:30 pm (Central European time) under the title (Little bride).
  • Romania In Romania, it began airing on TV National under the title Mica mireasa (Little bride).
  • Serbia In Serbia, it began airing on RTV Pink from Monday to Friday at 04:00 pm (Central European time) under the title (Little bride).
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina In Bosnia and Herzegovina, it aired (it will be aired later again) on Pink BH under the title Mala nevjesta (Little bride).
  • In Macedonia, it aired  on Sitel TV under the title (Little bride).
  • Montenegro In Montenegro, it began airing on Pink M under the title Mala nevjesta (Little bride).
  • Indonesia In Indonesia, it began airing on ANTV from 15 March 2016 under the title Anandhi but was airing from Monday to Friday at 5:00 pm (Indonesia Western Time) and Saturday to Sunday at 3:00 pm (Indonesia Western Time).[5]
  • Kyrgyzstan In Kyrgyzstan, it began airing on KTRK under the title (Bride).
  • Kazakhstan In Kazakhstan, it airs under the title - (Bride) and broadcast on TV channel, Kazakhstan.[6]
  • Vietnam In Vietnam, the drama began airing under the title, C Du 8 Tui on TodayTV in 11 November 2014. The drama has enjoyed immense popularity in Vietnam and has been the number one show in the country since its premiere