Swadarsh SS ~ Checkmate ~ Part 5, Page 10, 15th Oct

Posted: 7 years ago
Like the 2 stories I am writing already are not enough! 😆

This is a story that I have been thinking about since I started reading Shruthi's (shruthiravi) theories about Adarsh helping Swadheenta in the background. I had so hoped that we would find out in the end that he was indeed helping her, but alas . Since then, I have been wondering if I should write a story about it, and this lazy Sunday, I found the inspiration. I am thinking that I have enough material to make this an SS, but it certainly depends on what all of you think. So please do let me know your thoughts.

Index
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 7 years ago
The plot

Chotu was gone! Chotu was gone? It had been a week, a week since their lives started falling apart. Swadheenta had looked beautiful as a bride. He felt so lucky, he felt so fulfilled, he felt so proud, and everything had shattered in front of his eyes. It was a strange feeling. It felt like time stood still, that nothing was moving beyond that moment. Yet, a week had gone by. Was it normal? Did people every recover from such a blow? Would life ever be normal for him? For them?

Looking across the room, he saw Swadheenta. She was sitting on the couch, looking at the wall, yet he knew she was very far away, far away from this room. Asad was accused of killing Abhay. The police said that Asad shot Abhay and killed him, and in turn, the cops had shot Asad and killed him. Haider maamu had been arrested and charged as a terrorist. Adarsh and his family had heard all of these things. While everyone was shocked and angered, he felt numb, unable to react. 

He tried to remember if he had seen Swadheenta grieving in these last few days but couldn't remember one instance of it. He remembered overhearing a conversation between her and her parents. She was pleading with them to let her meet Zubaida maami, but her parents had refused. They had advised her to take care of her new family which needed her more. And that was the last he had seen her talk. She had been helping Jaya bhabhi with the chores, making sure Simmi, mom and the others were taken care off. But was she alright? How could she be? She lost not 1 but 2 brothers. No matter what anyone said, Asad was her brother. He couldn't believe that Asad was guilty, forget Swadheenta. He couldn't even bring himself to imagine what she must be going through. 

Since the last 3 days he had been thinking about this a lot. The cops were not giving clear answers about the entire incident. Most of what they were able to share seemed circumstantial. The other kid Aravind who had shared the apartment with those 2 guys who died in the suicide blasts was still missing.  He had his doubts about what may have happened, but he didn't have all the facts with him. He had contacted a few of his trusted resources to find out more details, but Abhay's loss was still too recent for him to actively think of anything else. But he couldn't wait much longer. For Swadheenta's sake he would have to start working soon. He also had to talk to her and he had to do it fast. 

He got up from the bed and walked in to the balcony. He placed a quick call and when his call was answered, spoke just a few words "meet me at our regular spot in 2 hours"! Tell the others as well. 

Once done, he walked back into the room. He noticed that Swadheenta was still sitting in the same position, oblivious to everything that was happening around her. Sighing, he walked up to her

Swadheenta?

She did not respond and continued staring at a distance.

Now, he touched her shoulder as he called out to her again Swadheenta?

Huh? 

Where are you lost?

I am sorry maine suna nahi. Kya hua? Simmi toh teek hai na? Kuch chahiye tha?

Ha. Woh mujhe baahar kuch kaam hai. I have to step out for a bit. I was hoping you can come with me?

Baahar? Mera baahar jaane ka mann nahi hai. Mera aana zaroori hai? If not, tum jaake aaoo.

Tumhara aana zaroori hai. Kuch kaam hai jo hum dono ko karna hai.

Lekin Simmi? 

Jaya bhabhi and mom are at home. Woh samhal lenge usko. And we will be gone only for a little while. Also Ahuja uncle usko kahi leke jaane wale hai for some time. Mom keh rahi thi. Toh, it won't matter.

Acha. Mein ek baar mom se poochlu?

Koi zarooth nahi hai. Mein mom ko bata doonga. Tum bas chalo.

Ok. Let me change and come. Tab tak tum mom ko bata do. I will meet you downstairs. 

Ok. Come soon. 

As Swadheenta went to get dressed, Adarsh walked up to his mom's room to let her know that he was taking Swadheenta out for a bit. He told her that he needed a change and hoped to go for a drive and come back, and was taking Swadheenta along. Knowing the circumstances at home, Suhasini encouraged him to go ahead. As he walked towards the main door, he saw Swadheenta also coming down and they both headed out. 

The drive was silent. Swadheenta was still lost in her thoughts and paid no attention to where they were going. Adarsh drove quietly since he was also thinking of everything that he will need to do from this point onwards. Soon they reached their destination. When Adarsh parked his car, Swadheenta was brought back to the present. She looked outside the window to realize that they were on some hill-top on the outskirts of Delhi. She turned to look at Adarsh but realized that he had stepped out of the car and was standing, looking at the view outside. Slowly opening her side of the door, she walked up to stand next to him. 

Adarsh? She called out to him.

He looked at her and pulled her into a side hug. He continued to hold her for a bit, and unknowingly, Swadheenta felt so overwhelmed with his affection that she began to cry. Her silent tears began to wet his shirt, but he held on. When her breathing evened out a bit he spoke Swadheenta, mein jaanta hu ki Asad ne kuch nahi kiya. I know he could never have done what they are accusing him of doing. And Haider maamu, if he a criminal, then every living human being is a criminal, for everyone else has sinned more then him. I know this.

Swadheenta cried more. Thank you. Thank you ki tum yeh maante ho. Lekin Adarsh, koi yeh baat nahi maan raha. No one believes it Adarsh.

Aise mat kaho Swadheenta. These last few days, mein tumse teek se baat tak nahi kar paaya. I know you needed me, but I was lost myself. But not one minute did I believe that Asad and Maamu were guilty of the charges they are being accused of. I could not talk to you or share your grief. But it wasn't because I doubted then even for a second. Please, you have to believe me.

Swadheenta looked at him and nodded her head as if accepting his claim. She couldn't speak for she was too overwhelmed. Continuing to hold her, he walked her to the edge of the view point which had a small bench. Making her sit on it, he sat down next to her. Now holding her hand, but looking straight ahead at the view in front, he continued Swadheenta, I became an IAS officer to remove the bureaucracy in our administrative system. But join karne ke baad mujhe pata chala ki yeh itna aasaan nahi hai. Mujhse pehle yaha bahut saare log aaye hai, aise ache intentions ke saath. But the system has forced all of them to give up and accept its ways. Unfortunately, dad and Jai bhaiya also belong in that category. 

Swadheenta looked at him confused. He looked at her Yes Swadheenta. Jaidev bhaiya and dad are complete believers in this system, and they will do anything to prevent it from failing. Kis had tak jaa sakte hai, yeh mujhe bhi nahi pata. But they have covered up for a lot of people, and helped a lot of people for favors in return, yeh mujhe pakke se pata hai. Iss baar chotu involved hai, so I am guessing dad and bhaiya have no involvement, but I cannot be sure. And in any case, even if they are not involved, I don't want them getting involved in anything.

Swadheenta continued to look at him in a confused manner Adarsh, tum yeh sab mujhse kyon keh rahe ho?

Because we have to get justice for Asad and maamu. Swadheenta was confused. She could not understand what Adarsh was saying. Looking at her and holding her by her shoulder, he added Swadheenta, agar Abhay tera bhai tha toh Asad ko maine bhi bhai maana tha. And like I said, I know Asad is innocent. I want to do everything in my power to make sure Asad gets the justice he deserves too. But I don't want to talk to a lot of people about this. Maine iske baare mein kisi se baat nahi ki hai ab tak, but the minute I do, I know I will meet a lot of resistance. Because the people who are standing against Asad are all powerful people that belong to this system. And standing for Asad means standing against them.

But Asad kabhi aisa nahi kar sakta. Hum dono ghar mein sab ko batayange, toh sab hamara saath denge Adarsh Swadheenta looked at Adarsh with hope

Swadheenta, the cops are trying to pile up so much evidence against Asad. And looks like the army is also supporting them. CM and itne saare ministers bhi support kar chuke hai accusing Asad and maamu as being terroritss. Logically socho Swadheenta, ek bomb blast hua hai. Aur ek 18 year old ladka police ke haaton maara gaya because they said they were sure he shot at the DCP and killed him. Iss claim ko refute karna itna aasaan nahi hai. 

Toh? What do we do now? How will we prove his innocence?

We cannot do it directly. Aur isi baare mein mein tumse baat karna chah raha tha. He looked at her and she nodded her acknowledgement. 

Swadheenta, chah kar bhi mein openly system ko challenge nahi kar sakta. Because I know that I am very small in front of it. I will be immediately shut down. Next day mera transfer ho jaayega and the system will force me to leave. The only way I can fight it is by continuing to be a part of it, and unearthing its secrets from within. So, I will have to pretend like I am opposing you. 

Opposing me? In what? Kis cheez mein tum mujhe oppose karoge?

Mein tumhare Asad aur maamu ko defend karne ke decision ko oppose karoonga. 

Lekin mein toh unhe defend... she suddenly stopped speaking and looked at Adarsh. was he really suggesting what she thought he was suggesting. Adarsh, yeh tum kya keh rahe ho?

Mein sahi keh raha hu Swadheenta.  Maanu definately needs a lawyer. You are a new lawyer, an inexperienced lawyer. And Asad aur tumhare relationship ke baare mein saare jaante hai. Agar tum uske liye fight karne ka decision logi, toh koi tum pe doubt nahi karega. Tum nahi karogi toh naam ke liye woh kisi aur defense lawyer ko assign kar denge, and that guy will be forced to lose. Agar tum karogi toh you will have a control on what is happening. 

Lekin like you said I am inexperienced. Mein bhi toh system ko challenge kar rahi hongi. They can get a prosecution lawyer that will use any tactics to win against me. Mein aise kaise

Aisa nahi hoga. Because you will fight your heart out to win this case for maamu and Asad. And the prosecution lawyer will be mom. She will do her best to fight for justice for Abhay. 

What?

Haan Swadheenta. Mom now fights selected cases, but she also fights for truth. Unke charges high ho sakte hai, lekin woh aaj bhi galat ka saath nahi deti. Aur yeh toh particularly Abhay ka sawaal hai. She will fight more as a mother and less as a lawyer. She will fight for justice for Abhay. Toh she will not let anything bad happen.

But Adarsh, mom never fights cases within the family. She will never agree. 

Tum uski chinta mat karo. Mein mana loonga unhe. I know how to convince her. 

Lekin ghar mein sab? They will be so upset and mad at me. Sab naraaz honge mujhse. 

Yes. That is the thing that you will have to prepare yourself for. Because unke saamne even I cannot support you. Agar mein tumhe support karoonga toh dad and bhai will start keeping a close eye on me. Aur woh mein nahi chahta because I want to do an investigation on my own. And secondly, if I stand by your side when everyone believes Asad to be a terrorist, ghar mein bhi mom, Jaya bhabhi and all will be upset. I want them all to believe that I am on their side. 

Adarsh, ek baar soch lete hai teek se. I am not sure we should do this. Asad innocent hai. Maamu innocent hai. Jitna mujhe tum pe barosa hai, utna hi mujhe unpe bhi barosa hai. But ghar mein sabse chupa kar yeh sab karna, keeping this thing from them, yeh mujhe acha nahi lag raha. Yeh sahi nahi hai.

Swadheenta, mein jaanta hu. Lekin this system is very powerful. Hum iske saame directly lad ke nahi jeet paayange. We will have to act smartly. We cannot be emotional. And unfortunately Jai bhaiya and dad are part of this system. I am not saying they are involved. Main abhi unpe doubt nahi kar raha. At-least not yet. But whether they are involved in a cover up or not, the lesser they know the better. Aur agar hum mom, Jaya bhabhi ko sab bata denge toh they will be put in a vulnerable position. They will be bound to share this info with their husbands? I don't want any such confusions. 

I don't know. Mein samaj sakti hu, lekin this is all too much. Sh still had tears in her eyes. Mein yeh sab ab nahi kar sakti. Not now, not at this stage. 

Swadheenta, maamu and Asad need you now. Unke saath injustice ho raha hai. You have to be there to support them. We have to be there to support them. 

He gave her a little time to deal with what he had said. Then, after a few minutes of silence he asked So, can we discuss this further? Are you on-board?

Not knowing what to say, or what to do, Swadheenta decided to truth Adarsh's instincts and let him guide her. Looking at him, she nodded her consent. 
Edited by Soapoperasrfun - 7 years ago
👏 👍🏼 superb plot..Swadarsh in Action,Adarsh in Action 👍🏼 🥳
exactly what we wanted to C
But its ok Priti is here for us to fulfil our dream..thank u sooo much priti for checkmate 🤗 🥳
Fabulous dear really enjoyed the starting please continue soon and will wait for next part eagerly as it is quite Interesting and is in actual what we wanted to happen in the serial 
Adarsh baba is in action.. Bingo!!.  Seriously yar ye hota to hume swadarsh moments bhi mil jate .
Thanks pri for this.  waiting for the next part 
Edited by Aalina. - 7 years ago
Awesome.we so wanted adarsh sinha to b like this n the serial...loved it...thx for pm update soon
This seems interesting. Continue soon.
res
unres

amazing Pri ❤️
actually padh tou kafi time pehele lia tha.. comment type bhi kia tha.. but network bhag gaya or post delete ho gaya.. 

so jitna abi yaad hai... 😆 uske according amazing update... and yes aab exams khatam tou I'll comment regularly.. 😊
Edited by Stylikson - 7 years ago
Lovely SS.Always wanted to see this part in Dahleez.Great to see you have adopted it in SS.
Hey dear,😊
Awesome update.👏 Liked SwaDarsh's conversation and planning.😃
Update soon.😳 Thanks for the pm.😃
With love,
Aheli.