When Ali Asgar made AR Rahman uncomfortable-The Kapil Sharma Show

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
missed the episode..did anyone watch it??

The Kapil Sharma Show has always been in the news, even before its premiere, all thanks to host Kapil Sharma's popularity.

The show is in news, yet again. But this time for a different reason. Loyal viewers of the show might be aware of the fact that the Mozart of Madras, AR Rahman, recently made an appearance on the show as a guest.

The musical genius, who is known for his calm personality, apparently lost his cool on the sets of the show. According to recent reports, the composer had warned comedian Ali Asgar, who was dressed in character as a Lucknowi begum on the show, to not touch him.

Ali's character usually flirts with celebrity guests on The Kapil Sharma Show, but it looks like Rahman was not ready for Ali's act. He even warned the actor with a solid, "No touching!"

"The manner in which the interview was conducted was not proper for an artiste of Rahman's dignity. You can fool around with the 'Great Grand Masti' team. But you can't apply the same humour to Rahman. As a host Kapil Sharma had not even done his basic homework. He said 'Rangeela' was Rahman's first composition and that he had scored music in all of Ashutosh Gowariker's films. Both are misrepresentations of facts. It was insulting to see Ali Asgar do his drag act on Rahman. It is doubtful we'll get to see Rahman on another television show in the near future," SKJ Bollywood News quoted Rahman's friend as saying.

However, according to the same entertainment portal, Ali has cleared the air on his part.

"I agree there is a difference between Rahman and other guests. But he was just uncomfortable with anyone touching him. Otherwise he enjoyed himself. A lot of the footage was edited. This Begum is an incorrigible flirt. She flirts with everyone. And the bigger the celebrity the more flirtatious she gets."

Edited by MiniRulz - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
what is wrong with rahman πŸ˜• , I wanted to add something else but why bother
Originally posted by: Anachronist

what is wrong with rahman πŸ˜• , I wanted to add something else but why bother

please add πŸ˜†
..Mr.Grey.. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ise kehte ha bat ka batngar banana.There was nothing wrong in the episode.A R rehman seemed to be a shy guy.He didn't like all this touching stuff so he said it. what's wrong in this.
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Episode was quite thanda. I think that's because ARR is very reserved. Kapil's team should have avoided usual drag acts. 

I liked Sugandha's part the most. First she sings well and her portion was enjoyable. I also liked all songs Rehman sang and Kapil sang. 

-Spirited- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Kapils show isnt exactly an interview.. the stars just come there crack jokes and promote their films or whatever it is. Its never been a formal interview to vent out differenyt treatment to different people!
Originally posted by: -Spirited-

Kapils show isnt exactly an interview.. the stars just come there crack jokes and promote their films or whatever it is. Its never been a formal interview to vent out differenyt treatment to different people!

exactly, if this complaint is coming from ARR then I am sorry he should have known betterπŸ˜•
hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Ali Asghar has become creepy with his female acts now esp. his/her forceful kisses and lots of touching. Not my cup of tea.
Yes! That's how the format is but they should have tried to avoid it if their guest wasn't comfortable with it.
Stopped watching this show long ago, the only bearable acts are done by Kiku.

Edited by hotchic - 7 years ago
Hydro123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The way Ali tried to rub Salman's thighs in his begum avtar was just pukeworthy. Kapil needs to understand that its not enjoyable at all. 
raj80 thumbnail
SKJha πŸ₯±...that was an act though most of the times it's cringeworthy...Edited by raj80 - 7 years ago