Kituu... Sabb Jaantii Hai

Salil Acharya made Big B wait!

mitts thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
Salil Acharya made Big B wait!

HARSHADA REGE

When Salil Acharya was given an opportunity to interview Amitabh Bachchan, he was overjoyed. The actor, who hosts Just Request has been Big B's fan for many years. However, what he didn't expect was that it would be an eventful day for him. He says, "Since I am also acting in Kittu Sab Janti hai, I have to keep travelling from one place to another. On this particular day, the interview was scheduled for 6 pm. And though I knew that Mr Bachchan is very punctual, I didn't expect him to be there on time," says Salil.
   Big B did not only come on time, in fact, he came 15 minutes before the shooting began. "I started getting calls saying that he had arrived. I jumped into a rickshaw with the clothes that I was going to change into for the shoot and asked the guy to hurry," says Salil. But the traffic added to his misery and Salil knew that he wouldn't get to change his clothes if he had to begin the interview on time. "I literally changed my clothes in the auto. In fact, even as I ran towards the venue I was tying my shoe laces. I am glad he didn't mind waiting for me," he laughs. But the interview was a great experience, says Salil.
   On the work front Salil, keeps himself busy with Kasautii Zindagii Kay on Star Plus and Kittu Sab Janti Hai. "Kittu... is a lot of fun because I love working with Ami Trivedi and Amit Sharma(he means VarmaπŸ˜‰). though I have joined the cast much later they made me very comfortable," says Salil.
   Salil says he will never give up one for the other. "While serials give you a chance to be another character, hosting a show helps you put forth your personality," he says. But not all shows are fun, says Salil. He adds, "Some actors expect you to remember every movie of theirs and are offended when you can't recall a certain role or scene. That can be a difficult situation. But one just has to take things as they come."

Edited by mitts - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kohinoorfan thumbnail
hehe .. πŸ˜† He made Big B w8!!lolz !btw thanxxx
akhi_esha thumbnail