Why Dibakar Banerjee is excluded in the best directors of today discus

Posted: 7 years ago
I was blown apart by his Khosla ka Ghosla, one of the best comedy thriller ever and that includes all world cinema. Oye Lucky Oye was a another brilliant movie, while LSD was a very fresh and brave idea, and to some extent it was really refreshing and good. Shanghai while not as great as OLO or KKG was still a very good movie. Bombay Talkies was a nice compilation of stories. Well directed movie.
Yes Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! was bit underwhelming.
Still a very excellent resume. But people talk about SLB, Kjo, Imtiaz and others, while DB is ignored altogether. IMO he is one of the best we have in BW, or it is only BO success which counts.Edited by Love_Katty_24-7 - 7 years ago
Where is the list of top directors ??? Everyone has the own list . If DB is on yours thats cool . I only liked some of his movies . I doubt anyone lists match ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† . The only one single director that everyone would have is Hirani . 
I agree, Dibaka Banerjee deserves to be named among the good directors! 
& Detective B. was a great movie, idc what people have to say. It was a it slow but it is an overall good project! 
Coz he didnt gave big hits with big stars 
Kjo ,slb are far from being in any  best directors list
Originally posted by Shy_

Coz he didnt gave big hits with big stars
Kjo ,slb are far from being in any best directors list

Many lists in the Internet have them in top spots or atleast in top 5. SLB recently won NA bro, they are overrated as hell.😆
Because he has not yet worked with bhai?😆
Sorry.. Couldn't resist😆
SLB and KJO are quite shitty directors. They can't move an inch from a basic formula of their own kind of film making. So limited in their vision. I absolutely cringe when they are hailed as good directors.
I kind of used to like Imtiaz but Tamasha made me doubt his abilities too.
Originally posted by Shaitan-Haiwan

Because he's not? LOL

Tell me five names in BW industry who are better than him?
Originally posted by Love_Katty_24-7

Tell me five names in BW industry who are better than him?

Why do I have to tell you anything?😕
I think most people...umm, don't know how to put this because I don't want to say anything about tastes...but let's just say most people who have seen his movies would and do rate him as one of the best directors of today. But those whom his movies don't reach, i.e. people who have seen pretty much none of the stuff you've mentioned in your post? Unfortunately, those are the masses. To be significantly rated as a big/best director, you need to have reach...that's how people start talking about you, expecting your movies, considering you as popular. Same is the case with lots of actors...they're heads and shoulders above others, but don't have similar viewership to gain appreciation and thus popularity while many average or non-actors get regularly mentioned or hailed by the masses.

For Dibakar though, I will say that many times, I have seen people on this forum wish for their favourites to work with him...which says enough. Him, Vishal Bhardwaj, and Motwane are some of the directors regularly mentioned in hopes of seeing 'quality work' and 'versatility' in actor portfolios. 

As for why SLB, KJo, Imtiaz get more mileage than their work actually deserves...easy enough, no...people like looking at pretty things...wall hangings, curtains, clothes...😆 People like seeing flossy, glitzy, glamorous stuff. And Imtiaz...pretty sure he's just hanging around and lasting on the basis of a past, one-time glory.