Posted: 7 years ago
Index
Part 1 - page 1
Part 2- page 2
Teaser - page 2
Part 3A - page 3
Part 3B - page 4

Sorrys and slow dances

How difficult was it to say a sorry, Naira wondered. Two simple words. I'm sorry. 4 syllables. And it had taken her more than a week to get those 2 words out! 

Irritated with herself, she put the spoon on the table with a loud clang, startling mishti, "nothing" she muttered under her breath as mishti returned to her dinner.

She could have even said it today, it was the perfect opportunity. Lost in her thoughts she twirled the spoon in her subji idly, as she thought back to that afternoon.

"what do you think?" 

Naira looked up at Rose bhabhi, modelling another wedding gown. 

" Well...?" Rose urged, waiting for Naira's reply. Naira bit her lip, honestly she didn't know what to think. Sure, it looked nice. But so did the previous four gowns she had tried on.

"bhabhi..." she trailed off, not sure what to say, but before she could say anything, her cousin answered for her

" wow!! Bhabhi this is so beautiful!" 

Mishti came rushing inside, visibly excited, and quickly gave rose a hug.  Naira smiled, Mishti was like that. Bundle of energy. Had always been. When she had gotten back home. Singhania mansion, naira corrected herself. When she had gotten back to Singhania mansion, she had noticed mishti was a bit Dull. Not herself, like she had forgotten to be the little girl she was. She didn't take joys in small things, didn't laugh a lot. 

But not now, Naira thought, as a smile spread over her face as she saw mishti gushing over the gown, chattering away and laughing. 

Now she was the old mishti again.  And that was because of -

It seemed as if the air in the room suddenly changed. Naira straightened. She didn't need to turn around to know he was here. 

"Kartik" she muttered under her breath, turning around slowly. 

Author notes:

This was originally planned as a OS, but not able to post it at the same time, so splitting it into multiple parts. So calling it a SS

plot is taking off from the current story, with naira trying to apologize for what she said. 

1. OK my phone is just dying out on me so I gotta stop It here!!

2. Just getting back to writing after long, so writing still rusty but I tried to do my best. 

3. This is planned entirely from Naira's pov. If you would like kartik's pov too let me know.

4. Read and review Pl. 

Edited by mridhu - 7 years ago
Kaira10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
very nice please continue and do pm me 😊
beatsdongandy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
brilliant girl.loved it.plz update soon n yeah would like to read from kartik's POV.just love kaira <3
ananyakai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Woh that was one amazing piece of writing please write more!
And please write from karthik pov too 
Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: bharath91120

very nice please continue and do pm me 😊

Thank you. Sorry, but I usually do not keep a PM list.  I post from my phone (my toddler doesnt let me use the computer without taking away a dozen keys first) so its a little difficult for me to send PM.

If you could just check back to this thread it would be great!!

Thanks bunches once again.
Mridzy thumbnail
Originally posted by: beatsdongandy

brilliant girl.loved it.plz update soon n yeah would like to read from kartik's POV.just love kaira <3

Thank you!! Yeaah, KaIra are a breath of fresh air na. Love them!!!

And ok done, kartiks pov next! :)
Mridzy thumbnail
Originally posted by: ItsmeAish

Woh that was one amazing piece of writing please write more!

And please write from karthik pov too 

Thank you so much!!! Sure, planning to post the next part in a day or two. 

And yes sure, next is kartiks pov.
joya.asya thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This is wonderful. Loved it πŸ˜ƒ
Do write more and with karthik pov please also mention something about his family as i think cvs are gonna take time for it!!!
Mridzy thumbnail
Part 2

"Kartik" Naira muttered under her breath, slowly turning around to face him.
What? Kartik? Not mendak? Not the usual irritated look she usually had around him?? What was happening here? Kartik thought with a smile, his eyes lingering on Naira even as she quickly looked away. 

"thank you for bringing mishti here" Rose said, coming over to give him a hug. 

She seemed to be lost in thought, Kartik observed, lookin at naira over Rose's shoulder, as he returned her embrace. 

"hello! Kartik?!" Rose called, snapping her fingers before his eyes. 

Startled, he looked away from Naira and at Rose, " Well one is my sister and the other my gf. Can't upset both. Can I?'

Even before he completed the sentence he looked back at the girl who was sitting on the couch, doodling patterns idly on her jeans.

She chuckled and shook her head, "charmer!" Naira's eyes widened, what the hell are you thinking naira?! She chastised herself.

You think he is charming, a little voice in her head answered

No, ofcourse not. It's just that I have been very rude to him all along when he has been nothing but helpful, nice and sweet - 

Aha!!! You think he is nice and sweet too!!

SHUT UP!! 

Tired of all the voices in her head and suddenly feeling the need to get some air, Naira stood up and walked over to the corner of the shop. Good thing Rose bhabhi has chosen a quaint little boutique, which was surrounded by greenery, she thought to herself. After asking if it was okay to push the window open, naira leaned against the window pane and closed her eyes, the breeze blowing the hair away from her face.

Eyes still closed, she smiled as the fresh air reminded her of her days in rishikesh. She and Pungi would often run away to the banks of ganga only to feel the breeze in their faces. And no matter how screwed their lives were, it was as though the breeze possessed a magical remedy. Just sitting by the river, feeling the breeze on their faces, they would forget all their troubles. 

And Pungi just loved it. Whenever one of them were sad the other would drag them to the Riverside.

Pungi. Her first solace when she landed in an unknown place. Her first friend. Her only family when she had given up on hers. Her best friend. Her sister. 

And if she had Pungi now today with her, it was because of him. And she would eternally be thankful for that.

It was two days ago. The household was bustling with people and the sound of music and dance. Sangeet was in three days and the wedding in four. Practice was going on in full swing. 

Anmol and his gang were there too. Nothing surprising there, it was his brothers wedding afterall. But what was surprising was he was being extra nice to her. Passing her water, complimenting her on her dance, smiling at Pungi, greeting her warmly.  Everyone was extremely happy at his turnaround. Especially rukmani daadi.  She couldn't stop gushing about her beloved anu. But not her. Not for a second. She didn't buy his facade even for a second. 

She was sure he was upto something. She had said the same when Pungi had asked her that afternoon.

Pungi shook her head

"you think I am rushing into a conclusion right? That I see the bad in people first. That I don't believe people can not be what meets the eye?"

Pungi nodded, tossing her head In the other direction, signing at something. 

Naira looked in the direction Pungi was pointing at. It was at Kartik. 

"that's different, Pungi. I was wrong about him"

Pungi nodded in the affirmative, pointing at anmol now and then at Kartik. 

"no" Naira said firmly. " it's not the same. Anmol is not Kartik. Kartik is  - " she trailed off, not knowing what to say next. Her eyes involuntarily landed on the man in question. 

He was dancing with mishti. Mishti giggled loudly as Kartik twirled her around dramatically, and then dipped her. Mishti's whole body shook with laughter and Kartik joined in. His laughter reaching his eyes.

Naira felt a warm chuckle escape her. " Kartik is - nice"

Author notes

1. That's it for now. I am much better with Naira's pov. Rubbish with kartik's. I'll try to get better.

2. This is taking longer than I initially thought so maybe it'll be 4/5 parts. 

3. Read and review Pl. Hit the like button if you enjoyed this story and part. 

Thanks.  
Edited by mridhu - 7 years ago
Kaira10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it ! but it was soo short ! hope to see more part and longer !
thanks !! 😊