Sale!....Hurry while stocks last.... - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

SALE SALE SALE.......!Hurry while stock last..How genuine is this?

Hello all.....😃

We all know that women love nothing more than a sale or bargain,dont we?😕.....I was thinking that why do we love SALE?

Is it really because we get the item we wanted the most in half the price?.......

My husband keep on saying that be careful in whatever you buy on sale.....what is his meaning?he always says,not all sales are genuine.....😕

So guys,whats your comments,do we really need sales in our lives,why do women fond of sale?Do you think its advisable to buy things on sale?....

Waiting your advisable comments.....Have a nice day!

fatmah.

Edited by fatmah5000 - 17 years ago
Originally posted by fatmah5000

SALE SALE SALE.......!Hurry while stock last..How genuine is this?

Hello all.....😃

We all know that women love nothing more than a sale or bargain,dont we?😕.....I was thinking that why do we love SALE?

Is it really because we get the item we wanted the most in half the price?.......

My husband keep on saying that be careful in whatever you buy on sale.....what is his meaning?he always says,not all sales are genuine.....😕

So guys,whats your comments,do we really need sales in our lives,why do women fond of sale?Do you think its advisable to buy things on sale?....

Waiting your advisable comments.....Have a nice day!

fatmah.

I like sales as long as I know I am paying a lower price.

Most sales are not really genuine as they are there to clear away excess stock of inventory no one really wants to buy. For high end boutiques, most of the time, the mark up is 100% or more. So a 50% off sale looks like a big thing, when in reality its not.

Sometimes sellers just create the atmosphere of a sale to launch new products. But, the only way one can distinguish a good sale from bad is by knowing one's prices very well.

And the fact is, tricks like "Odd number pricing" can trap a LOT of customers. E.g. if the price $6.99, most people will read the six first and keep thinking of the price as $6 when in reality it is $7.

"There is no such thing as a free lunch," said Milton Friedman (may his soul RIP). I think there is no such thing as a good sale.  

Sales!!! they do attract people.I really get crazy about sales regarding books!!! Other commodities don't bother me much.

Cheers,

Mythili

yeah but then more often then not you are buying a trouser with one leg a little shorter than the other, or an electronic item with a stamp "Made as USA" instead of "Made in USA" 😉
There is a funny Math equation to explain Men and women's spending habbits:
ROMANCE MATHEMATICS

Smart man + smart woman = romance
Smart man + dumb woman = affair
Dumb man + smart woman = marriage
Dumb man + dumb woman = pregnancy

OFFICE ARITHMETIC

Smart boss + smart employee = profit
Smart boss + dumb employee = production
Dumb boss + smart employee = promotion
Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime

SHOPPING MATH

A man will pay $20 for a $10 item he needs.
A woman will pay $10 for a $20 item that she doesn't need.

GENERAL EQUATIONS & STATISTICS

A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

HAPPINESS

To be happy with a man, you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.

LONGEVITY

Married men live longer than single men do, but married men are a lot more willing to die.

PROPENSITY TO CHANGE
A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, and she does.

DISCUSSION TECHNIQUE

A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

nvm😉

Edited by sareg - 17 years ago
Are we on the Men Vs Women post??? 🤔 😆 😛

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW You tell me this!😡

I was doing it wrong all these years!

😆

Originally posted by raksha.l

Are we on the Men Vs Women post??? 🤔 😆 😛

Raksha, if you read the whole thing,  it does relate to how woman gets carried away with SALE. Sorry if it wasn't upto your level. 

Originally posted by NKSUDHIR

Raksha, if you read the whole thing,  it does relate to how woman gets carried away with SALE. Sorry if it wasn't upto your level. 

Yeah, I accept your apologies...I mean, we grab the SALES just like we grab these rare chances...Of men apologising to us...😛

Jokes apart, I secretly enjoyed your post and the subsequent ones, albeit putting up a fake angry face for the dig that you were trying to take at us...I ran into the net and searched for all those jokes on Men to retort, however postponed it for someother appropriate time...😳...Dont think you got away with it....This shall be avenged...

Cheers,
Raksha