"Bloody Indians"....Jolie’s bodyguard - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

'Bloody Indians'

Angelina Jolie's bodyguards may be arrested today and even deported because they called students' parents...😡

ABUSIVE: Angelina Jolie's

Should Angelina Jolie's bodyguards be deported for insulting Indians?
SMS your response (yes or no) to the editor on 3650
Ketan Ranga and
Yogita Rao

FOUR of actress Angelina Jolie's bodyguards may be arrested and even deported after two of them hurled abuses against students' parents at Anjuman-I-Islam School, Fort, where the movie, A Might Heart, was being shot yesterday.
While one bodyguard said, "Bloody Indians. I will kill you," the other said, "Bloody Indians," and made an abusive gesture.
According to the senior police inspector Prakash Khanvilkar, Azad Maidan police station, an inquiry is being carried out and charges have been slapped against the bodyguard, Mickey Brett, and three others. They may be arrested today.
Ansari Zubair Ahmed, a parent who is one of the complainants, said it all started when Brett pushed a child who was watching the
shooting. The guards allegedly became abusive when students started crowding near the shoot.

n BODYGUARD WAS EARLIER CHARGED WITH MURDER
n SCHOOL MAY FACE ACTION FROM EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Details on A08

ABUSIVE:Bodyguard Mickey Brett was involved in yesterday's fracas at Anjuman-I-Islam School

Jolie's minders rough up people at school
   By: PTI
   November 16, 2006

The bodyguards of Hollywood couple Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were in the news for the wrong reasons again today, after they allegedly manhandled some people during a film shoot in a Mumbai school.

Parents of children waiting to take their wards home were livid with anger that the bodyguards -- who had assaulted a British photo-journalist in Pune last month -- had attacked them and passed racial slurs against them.

The parents filed a complaint with the police against the school's management and an unnamed bodyguard who allegedly attacked and abused people. They said the police were initially reluctant to register a complaint but later relented.

Irfan Khan, an eyewitness who pacified the irate crowd at Anjuman-e-Islaam School in south Mumbai, said one bodyguard threatened people and called them "bloody Indians", pushed a small child, and misbehaved with a woman.

The unit of the movie "A Mighty Heart", which stars Jolie as the widow of slain Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, was filming at the school when the incident occurred.

Classes in the secondary section ended at 12.30 pm and students emerged to find all the gates of the school closed, Khan told reporters.

"The parents were very worried about what will happen to the children. There was such a large crowd of children that there were chances of a stampede," he said.

The bodyguards told parents not to get in the way of the filming. "He (a bodyguard) pushed a small kid, he misbehaved with a woman. He abused them as bloody Indians," said Khan.

Another parent complained the children were locked up for four hours after their classes ended just because of the film shoot.

Khan said the bodyguard said "Get out you bloody Indians", and then made a gesture by drawing his hand across his throat.

"He pushed a lady who was trying to spot her children... so parents were really very angry," he said.

Khan said the matter was resolved by the parents and no member of the school's management was present when the incident occurred.

Parents also raised questions as to who had permitted the film crew to shoot at the school.

The producers of "A Mighty Heart", in a statement, blamed the incident on "paparrazi waiting at the gates of the school". "We had the full permission and cooperation of the school to film on the premises. Unfortunately, our arrival was impeded by the paparrazi waiting at the gates of the school. When the gates were opened to allow the parents in to collect their children, the paparrazi rushed the school causing confusion," said the statement from the producers.

http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/2006/november/146815.htm

What do these people think of themselves🤢...I think the production house needs to apologize on behalf of the racist B🤬 😡,..They cant get inside India and Abuse the Indians,She might be THE OVERHYPED AND OVERRATED ANGELINA JOLIE for all I care🤢,but she doesnt mean anything to parents for whom their children come above everyone and everything else...Indian Media demands an apology from Rani,on behalf of her bodyguard who were abusive ,why dont they demand an apology from Jolie,why this royal treatment for jolie....That bodyguard be deported pronto😡 😡 😡..There have been other celebrities like Richard Gere who have been to India,but they werent embroiled in these controversies....Its appaling that the porduction house defends such irresponsible,chauvinistic and racist behaviour

Your views please😊

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
I totally agree wid you... They shud appologize.. I think its really rude to judge all of them.. n they shud be deported for whatever they did. 😡

Btw Buffie Congratz u have 6,000 posts 😃 Edited by CuteFairy91 - 17 years ago

I'm not bothered about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt much but the acts of her body guards really bothers me( not much!!)

Just throw those Angelina and her gang out of India(Remembering Nigar Khan!!! Where is she now ????) Thier passports should be taken,visa's cancelled unless and untill they apologise in a decent manner.How asked them to come to India if they find Indians cheap and all.After all Angelina came to India to make her bread and butter,she did'nt do any favour to any of us by  her divine appearence !!!

Buffiee!! Congrats for 5999 posts!!! BTW I think you are the only person apart from Global Moderators to make  posts on varied issues,forums of India Forums.I really feel those ~6000 posts are worthy reading with less junk in it.Congrats and keep posting in IF.

(To all!!! If I don't flatter Buffiiee She will handover me to Angelina's Bodyguards 😕)

cheers,

Mythili

Ofcourse they should apologise. How can they come to our country and insult our people. 😡 Do Indian actors portray this kind of behaviour when they go to the US? Angelina should atleast apologise on behalf of her bodyguards...she has kids herself---surely she understands the concerns of those parents who were abused by the bodyguards.

What's kind of upsetting me is that the police were intially reluctant to report the complaint----honestly, does the safety of citizens com above the reputation of celebs?!
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

I'm not bothered about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt much but the acts of her body guards really bothers me( not much!!)

Just throw those Angelina and her gang out of India(Remembering Nigar Khan!!! Where is she now ????) Thier passports should be taken,visa's cancelled unless and untill they apologise in a decent manner.How asked them to come to India if they find Indians cheap and all.After all Angelina came to India to make her bread and butter,she did'nt do any favour to any of us by  her divine appearence !!!

Buffiee!! Congrats for 5999 posts!!! BTW I think you are the only person apart from Global Moderators to make  posts on varied issues,forums of India Forums.I really feel those ~6000 posts are worthy reading with less junk in it.Congrats and keep posting in IF.

(To all!!! If I don't flatter Buffiiee She will handover me to Angelina's Bodyguards 😕)

cheers,

Mythili

hello lovely girls! Looks like I am the first one with opposite views.  As an Indian, I do feel the rage against someone allegedly using the term Bloody Indian. 
Celebrities tend to hate crowds, media & reporters for obvious reasons.  That's a known & justifiable fact.  Another fact is that over-populated locations such as India can be overwhelming to foreigners.  Why just foreigners? Even NRIs tend to get overwhelmed and hyper because of excessive crowd.  That surely doesn;t qualify anyone to call our contrymen "bloody".  However, I would like to hear more.  I don't know many Americans who use the term "bloody".  It has a Brit influence to it.  (I may be wrong, but that's my observation for past several years). 
Angelina and Brad have adopted several children from under-developed countries.  Whether it is a publicity stunt / otherwise is not my concern.  They will be UTMOST careful in mistreating Indians I think.  Angelina has adopted children of other races, I doubt she is a racist / supports any such behaviour by her crew members.  (Most of her children are "needless to mention"!)
Until something stronger comes out of these allegations, I will give Angelina a benefit of doubt.  Hopefully, the bodyguards said something that got misinterpreted.  Talk about frenzied mobs!! One roteen word can get twisted multiple times and come out as something else.  If they did use bad language / if there really was a serious brawl, then they should be punished and she should be made to apologize.  I think she herself will if proven guilty. 
Whether for "publicity", "popularity" or "humanity", "racism' cannot be a word in Angelina's dictionary.  It was in fact rumored that she would like to adopt an Indian baby.  We'll wait and watch.

mQT

Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
What they said was completely wrong....NO one has got the right to insult anyone,be it angelina's jolie's bodyguard ........ 😡 They should apologize and they should deported if they disagree to apologize for whatever happens. 😡

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

cheers,

Mythili

my comments in red,articles and other viewer comments in black!

haha,I bet,most of those posts would be fights or arguments,or defending a star or bashing the star or other such trash....I would be surprised if even 200 of those posts were truly good😆

Coming to the topic,Angie hasnt done anything wrong,she didnt abuse anyone,thus deporting her or Brad would be unfair and egregiously erroneous....👎🏼

But,she should apologize for this misbehaviour of her bodyguards....Rani Mukherjee was made to apologize for the obnoxious behaviour of her bodyguards,why give Angie a royal treatment😕...My gripe is against the media

Current news..4 of her bodyguards WERE arrested👏,and then given bail...That's the current news,just watched it on Times Now

Angelina Jolie's bodyguards arrested

November 17, 2006 11:21 IST

Three of Angelina Jolie's bodyguards were arrested by the Mumbai police on Friday morning for their involvement in a fracas during the shooting of Jolie's film A Mighty Heart in a Mumbai school on Thursday.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone 1) Brajesh Singh confirmed the arrests but refused to spell out the charges against them.

Trouble had erupted when the actress reached Anjuman-E-Islam school on Thursday noon for the film shoot, which clashed with the time school students were about to leave for home.

At first, parents were amused to see Angelina shooting in the school premises. Then, it gave way to chaos.

Shainaz Khan, a parent, said. "The school premises was restricted to us and we could not find our children. Angelina's bodyguard abused many of us, including women, and some of them also passed racist comments like 'You bloody Indian.' It was humiliating."

The film unit had apparently set up a Pakistani police station inside the school premises.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/17angelina.htm

I didnt blame Jolie or Pitt per se,My gripe was against the media,the police who didnt register the complaint as and when it was filed😡,those bodyguards who are racist and abominable(I didnt say jolie's racist,but her bodyguards truly seem to be condescending and racist)

It was the school's fault for not having made the proper provisions,so that no inconvinience  is caused to any parent....That school's management seems  screwed! Looks like the school authorities got so carried away,that they forgot to make proper arrangements for the dismissal of the students,which should have been their topmost priority!....

Agree with QT,there can be a liklihood that words were twisted,but then,these choleric boduguards arent in the news for the first time,they are infamous for their brash acts....Thus I wouldnt give them any benifit of doubt!

here are some comments by the rediff viewers

1)The people involved including the producers of the movie should be given severe punishment for this offence. Another set of indians who have given permission for such shooting schedules which disrupt school timings and also create panic among parents should be severely punished. Ms Jolie and their team must give a public apology towards the whole of India for the misbehaviour from their guards and the racial comments passed on them.

If we were in their country , would they have allowed us to be free if we behaved like this, Our govt policies must be revised so as to give maximum punishment to this genre of people

2) am failed to understand as to why Mumbai Police took 24 hrs to arrest the body guards of Jolie? She may be the leading star of Hollywood but no Indian will tolerate if some body abusesing our country. How dare they can say 'YOU BLOODY INDIANS'?

They are here in our country and abusing like this. They should be Jailed immediatetely and punished so that no other foreigner can dare next time like this.

Moreover Jolie also should apologise in writing and on all TV Media so that world should Vouch this.

3)It is high time that the Indian govt takes a step here. If Indians are going to get this kind of treatment in their own country, then God save the Indians elsewhere.

I think Angeline should be sent packing, back to her own country. Why does she need bodyguards. By any Indian standards she looks like a emaciated soul, so there will not be any Indian men running after her. There are much bigger stars in India who don't have bodyguards. If she feels so insecure then it is better she stays back home in alocked enclave to feel secure even from the air surrounding her.

4)Now sadly,this one act of idiocy and arrogance has made some people to tar the entire community black....Thus "goras are racist" continues to be etched in people's minds....First it was the australians,now the americans....I bet had any indian done the same abroad,he/she would have been expelled out of the country....

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
I think the bodyguard should have been attacked by the same crowd 😡 I am not sure if Angelina should apologize but that bodyguard should be prosecuted (well wish we had good justice system 😕) I think this is total discrimination.. specially they are the guest coming to our house and then discriminating us...such a pathetic person 🤢

QT, even if they were angry with the crowd and behaviour the words are totally racist. Wish he had said such thing in US !! he would be dragged to court and would have been held liable for such discrimination.
Originally posted by sowmyaa

QT, even if they were angry with the crowd and behaviour the words are totally racist. Wish he had said such thing in US !! he would be dragged to court and would have been held liable for such discrimination.

That's what I was asking.  I would wait for a more susbstantial statement.  Words can be put into mouths. I do know that several Indians bad mouth White people, call them DUMB blondes and what not.   I would like to see a clipping actually, where he used the term bloody and that too in a racist manner, before getting agitated.   Also, just my personal opinion.

mQT
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I think they should be repremended but not deported. If people are deported for saying bad things about host country...half of NRIs wil be back in India within a week.
I said the same thing when Feroze Kha opened his clapper about Pakistan in Pakistan and I am saying the same thing now. If I am wrong, at least I am consistantly wrong.
As a person with a face-value it would be nice if AJ apologized on her staff's behalf.
Remeber Rani had to get fiesty with crowd in Varanasi this week too. Let us face it, Indian crowds do not keep the repsecteble distance from celebrities...especially the ones they consider a sex object.

I completely agree with everything that is said here.