•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
no comments here please as this is a surprise b'day prep thread...only people involved in preparing this thread are allowed to post here. 

graphics: viz
write up - all (yuvi, krish, megha and viz)

theme: annie performs a surgery and a piece of her watch is left behind inside. She realizes it later and starts freaking out and dreams about being caught and sent to jail. So she frantically tries to somehow sedate that patient and remove the piece of watch before she gets caught.

colour code: 
#FF0033
#6699FF

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 7 years ago

It was a cold and gloomy night with rain pouring down heavily; one would assume nature was determined to wash away all the dirt in one go. At a distance, a police car with its siren wailing was seen approaching the tall building on the street. Two officers stepped out the car pulling along with them a handcuffed young lady begging for mercy.

"Please let me go, I did nothing wrong...it is not what it looked like.. believe me... I am innocent..." She pleaded with tears rolling down her cheeks, but the officers were having none of it as they dragged her into the building. 

Inside the building, PC Sally, the on-duty police officer was taking down the woman's details. 

"Your name?" the officer asked without raising her eyes to look at the drenched woman standing opposite her.

"Annie... Dr Annie" the woman replied.

The officer immediately looked up surprised. Before she could go proceed further with her questions the colleague interrupted.

"Yes sally, you heard right, our prison cells will be welcoming a doctor tonight." increasing the proximity between himself and annie, he added further "a murderer that disguises herself as a doctor."

Annie's eyes widened and she turned towards Sally "Please believe me I am innocent, I haven't murdered anyone. It is all a mistake, please hear me out...please I beg you" She cried. The officers laughed at her pleas and continued with their paperwork before dragging away a crying Annie and throwing her into a dark and cold prison cell.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Annie screamed as she arose from her nightmare, sweating badly and struggling to catch her breath. This was the second time Annie had dreamt this nightmare of being thrown into a prison cell ever since she had realised what she had done. 

A week ago

Annie was superexcited as she was the only intern doctor to have been selected to assist the senior surgeons in performing a surgery. From a career perspective, this was a big step in the right direction but with such a great opportunity came big responsibilities which made Annie quite nervous. Her mentor sat her down and gave her some kind words of encouragement along with a lucky charm (a bracelet with a loose hook), which she revealed bought her immense luck. Annie was touched by the gesture and decided to wear it on the day of the surgery.

Day of surgery

The surgery began sharp 8am in the morning and Annie was asked to observe and take down any notes to assist in her learning. In between she was providing physical assistant to the senior surgeon. After one, the surgery was successfully complete and happy with her performance the surgeon asked her to continue stitching up the wound after showing her how to. The doctors left, leaving a junior doctor and a nurse to assist Annie in stitching up the patient.

The doctor was reading through some paper work while the nurse was clearing up behind Annie who was busy finishing off the stitching process with much difficulty as her lucky charm bracelet hook kept coming undone. Whilst cleaning, the nurse moved the medical trolley which by accident hit Annie, causing her to jolt forward and unknown to her, the bracelet had fallen into the patients body. The nurse was quick to apologise and Annie smiled and completed the final stitches before leaving with the doctor.

Outside, Annie met with her mentor and talked about the whole experience.

Mentor: Ah so it went well in the end. See my lucky charm did bring you some luck.

Annie: (laughing) yeah it did, here you can have it back (she said as she touched her wrist and realised the bracelet was gone)

Mentor: oh no no Annie you can have it. It proved lucky for you so may assist you in any difficult times.

Annie smiled nervously as her mentor excused herself and left. Annie was struck by horror as she suddenly recalled how it may have dropped into the patient's body when she was hit by the medical trolley.😲 Scared to her wits at the thought of what would happen if her mistake was found out, Annie wasted no time in running to the OT, where the patient was lying sedated. Since there was no afternoon operation scheduled, the patient was still in the OT and would be shifted onto the ward after they gained consciousness. With no-one around, Annie saw this as the perfect opportunity to get back the bracelet. 

Without any further delay, Annie began unstitching the patient and to her relief saw the bracelet there, she quickly grabbed hold of it and as she began lifting it out from the body, the OT door opened and the senior surgeon walked in along with Annie's mentor. Initially, there were confused wondering what Annie was doing there, but as their eyes stopped at her hand, they realised exactly what she was doing and looked at her in disbelief, horror and shock. 

Annie was sat in an office before a chain of doctors including her mentor. They all looked at her angrily as Annie went onto explain the situation. By the end of it, the doctors came to the conclusion that they'd need to report the incident to the senior management and board and allow them to make the decision. Till then, Annie was suspended until further notice. Annie was shocked but this was something she was expecting, she threw a final look at her mentor before leaving looking ever so pale. The doctors sighed as she left, for they all knew how talented and capable she was and were concerned her one mistake may hinder her career as a doctor. But their hands were tied, they had to report back to the board. 

Annie proceeded to the locker room to gather her belongings before leaving the hospital and as she arrived she overheard her co-interns gossiping how she may not only lose her doctor's license but may also end up in prison. Annie couldn't take it anymore and she ran away home sobbing uncontrollably.  Since that day, Annie began having nightmares of being thrown into a prison cell. Her parents tried consoling her but Annie feared the worst. 

Two weeks had passed since the incident and Annie was still awaiting to hear the board's final decision. By each passing day, Annie became increasingly restless, wondering what was taking so long to make a decision. Suddenly, the door bell rang bringing Annie out of her thoughts. She sighed and went to open the door and was surprised to see the person at the door.

Annie: "Dr Yuvika?" (her mentor)

Dr Yuvika: (smiled) yes me, may I come in?

Annie stepped back allowing her to come in. They sat on the sofa quietly for a few minutes as Dr Yuvika observed Annie. She could tell how shaken up Annie was and the dark circles under her eyes showed she hadn't slept in days. It was rather difficult seeing Annie in that state, since their relationship was not restricted to that of a mentor and mentee. Rather, Yuvika saw Annie as a young sister too. 

Dr Yuvika: Annie? I wanted to apologise for the delay on getting back to you with the board's decision. You know how slowly things operate above. (Annie nodded in agreement) A lot of discussion took place and well... (Yuvika trailed off looking away from Annie)

Annie: (swallowing down a lump in her throat) I understand.. you don't have to say anything more. What i did...what i did it wasn't worth forgiving...(Yuvika tried to cut her off but Annie continued in a trembling voice) I guess this is the end of my career as a doctor... (she finished with tears flowing down her cheeks)

Dr Yuvika: no Annie, will you please listen to me...

Annie: (crying uncontrollably) what's more to listen... i'm screwed.. my whole life is screwed.. Oh my God what am i going to do? (at this point, Annie was crying like a baby and Yuvika was failing to control her)

Dr Yuvika:  Oh shut up Annie! if you keep crying like a baby how on earth will I tell you the board decided to give you a second chance? (She yelled and Annie immediately stopped crying)

Annie: what? (she asked in disbelief)

Dr Yuvika: (sighed) Yes, they decided to give you a second chance (she sat down near annie, wiped her tears and gave her a hug) the decision came through this morning and they were going to invite you in tomorrow to inform you, but i couldn't wait till tomorrow to tell you the good news. I didn't want you to spend your special day worrying about the verdict. 

Annie: (confused) special day?

Dr Yuvika: (smiled) yeah i thought you would have forgotten because of all this pressure. Annie its 19th June today... its your birthday today. (Annie broke into a smile) Happy birthday Annie! (she wished her whilst giving her a tight birthday hug)

Credits: 

Yuvika_15 |  somergasm. |  BornThisWay

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 7 years ago
From -CrazySobtian-
Happy birthday Annie! <3 May God bless you and I hope you have an amazing day!

From CrazyKupKakes

Happy Birthday Annie ! :)
Hope you have a great one
May all your wishes come true :)
God bless <3

From madhuharini

Happy Birthday to U dear Annie πŸ€— I may not know you, but still wishing u for all happiness in life for this birthday and throughout your life😳 God bless :)

Edited by BornThisWay - 7 years ago
#FF0033
#6699FF
Happy birthday Annie! πŸ€— Wishing you a birthday thats full of fun and laughter. 
And yeh bit of advice... never leave piece of jewellery in a patient...πŸ˜†
its been a while since we last spoke because ur busy with work etc. but i want to say thank u so much for being my e-doctor, like literally ur the first person i bug when i need medical advice. haha... 
anyways hun i hope u have a wonderful year ahead and enjoy ur work in Africa. 

Best wishes

Yuvika

-CrazySobtian-

Happy birthday Annie! <3 May God bless you and I hope you have an amazing day!

CrazyKupKakes

Happy Birthday Annie ! :)
Hope you have a great one
May all your wishes come true :)
God bless <3

madhuharini

Happy Birthday to U dear Annie πŸ€— I may not know you, but still wishing u for all happiness in life for this birthday and throughout your life😳 God bless :)

Yuvika_15

Happy birthday Annie! πŸ€— Wishing you a birthday thats full of fun and laughter. 
And yeh bit of advice... never leave piece of jewellery in a patient...πŸ˜†
its been a while since we last spoke because ur busy with work etc. but i want to say thank u so much for being my e-doctor, like literally ur the first person i bug when i need medical advice. haha... 
anyways hun i hope u have a wonderful year ahead and enjoy ur work in Africa. 

Best wishes

Yuvika