Siya Ke Ram

DC:Ive gained a new perspective on Sita: Madirakshi Mundle

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SAMEENA RAZZAQ
Jun 8, 2016

This is the first time on TV that the Ramayan is being told from Sita's perspective.

Madirakshi Mundle read as many as nine books to get into the skin of her character, Sita for the show Siya Ke Ram. Despite thorough research, the actress believes she felt under-prepared to take up the responsibility of portraying the mythological character. Not the one to get daunted, the actress took it up as a challenge.

Madirakshi recounts, "It's a very difficult character. When you play mythological roles, there is a certain responsibility attached to it. I read the Ramayan to understand Sita's character. It took me two weeks to watch all the episodes of Ramanand Sagar's Ramayan."

Given the show's background, another challenge that cropped up was the language. Madirakshi says, "The Hindi used in the show was tough to learn. I took a lot of time to pick it up. Fortunately, we have a team that helps us with our diction."

The actress admits that although the audience has accepted the actress as Sita, she fears disappointing her viewers. She says, "People are attached to the character emotionally. As a performer, I cannot make mistakes, as it will hurt their sentiments and probably even cause anger. Fortunately, I am a calm person so it has made my life easier." This is the first time on television that the story is being told from Sita's perspective.

Since the role marks Madirakshi's debut, did it unnerve her to take on such a complex role? "It's an advantage for me. I am starting with a strong character. People have never seen Ramayan from Sita's point of view. So I am glad I am playing Sita. I have gained a new perspective about Sita," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail
same article appeared in Asian age 
http://www.asianage.com/tv/i-ve-gained-new-perspective-sita-says-madirakshi-mundle-053
Sutapasima thumbnail
Ram Laxman Hanumaan to join hands to rescue Sita soon 
an offscreen pic 

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing and nice pic😃
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing this Suta nice article