Bade Acche Laggte Hai

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

A/N - Wishing all my fellow BALHians a very Happy 6th Anniversary! 

Written a small OS and it's not based on the show. A bit different it is, but our RaYa as as usual cute!  Hope, you guys will enjoy it!

Happy Reading!

~*~

"Did you like the dinner?" Ram asked while settling himself next to her on the mat.

Priya nodded in reply.

"And desert?" Ram took off his jacket and kept it aside.

"Hmm.." Priya nodded.

"Then why are you upset?" Ram asked after a couple of minutes.

"Ask yourself!" Priya snapped.

"What did I do?" Ram leaned forward to look at her face.

"What is this?" Priya held his hand and pointed towards the cufflinks.

"Cuff.. links?" Ram replied in an unsure tone.

"I can see that!' Priya snapped.

"I don't know what are you trying to say.." Ram tried to hold her hand.

"Okay. Let's keep it simple." Priya looked up at him. "Who gifted you these CLASSY AND CUTE Cufflinks? And Why?" She faked a grin.

"You gifted me these CLASSY and DEFINITELY NOT CUTE Cufflinks!" Ram pressed his lips together.

"And why?" Priya gritted her teeth.

"Because it's our first wedding anniversary!" Ram smiled and it stuck him immediately that why was she mad. He didn't gift her anything.

He looked up at her and she was looking straight, towards the sea. She seemed calm but then, looks can be deceptive. He watched her for a few minutes. The only sound heard was of the water waves hitting the sea shore.

"I wanted to gift you something that I have never ever given to you or to anyone." Ram held Priya's hand in his'. He waited for her to respond, but when she did not, he continued "I have a very special gift for you.. but I thought you won't like it!"

"Let me decide that!" Priya turned her face towards him.

Ram bent side wards to get his jacket while she kept looking at him.

"This.." He took out an envelope from the inside pocket of his jacket. "I wanted to gift you this!" He kept the jacket back at it's place and handed her the envelope.

Priya raised her eyebrows in confusion while he gestured her to check it out, herself. She opened the envelope and found a paper, nicely folded thrice. She opened it and as soon as she read the date and the first few words mentioned in it, she looked up at him only to find him smiling.

"Read na.." He gently nudged her.

"Is it a love letter?" She asked.

Ram nodded with blush.

"AND YOU WANT YOUR WIFE TO READ YOUR LOVE LETTER WHICH YOU WROTE TEN YEARS AGO FOR YOUR FIRST CRUSH?" Priya asked in disbelief, stressing on each and every word.

"Hmm.. Yes!" Ram nodded.

"Why?" She asked.

"Didn't I say that I wanted to gift you something that I have never ever given to you or to anyone?" He stretched his legs and lay down comfortably on the mat. "Please read!" He smiled. He watched the mayhem of expressions on her face as she read the letter.

"Read?" Ram asked.

"Hmm.." Priya nodded. "Why didn't you give her this letter?" She lay down beside him.

"I was scared.. I didn't know if she also felt the same about me.." He replied with all the sincerity. "I wanted to propose her in the typical Bollywood style.. I wanted to have a love marriage.. But then.."

"But then, you ended up in an arranged marriage." Priya completed his sentence. "Why don't you do it now? She sat up.

"Do what?" Ram asked.

"Propose her.." Priya replied.

"Are you serious?" He sat up straight. "Will she like it?"

"I'm sure, she will.." Priya gave an assuring smile to him.

"You know, she is all classy and proper types.. She doesn't even watch movies much. I'm not so sure if she will like it!" He said after a few seconds.

"Trust me, she will like it!" Priya smiled through her tears, watching her nervous husband.

"What if she rejected my proposal?" Ram held her hand.

"No one can reject my cute husband!" She pulled his cheeks.

"Okay! Then, let's give it a try.." Ram stood up. She watched him walking towards the car which was parked a little far.

"Mr.Idiot Kapoor!" Priya smiled and wiped her unshed tears.

Ram was as nervous as he was ten years ago. He stepped out of his car and took baby steps towards her. She was sitting, her back facing him.

Ram cleared his throat to gain her attention. She turned to face him. He could see it in her eyes that she was not expecting it, at all. "Half the mission accomplished!" He thought to himself. He was successful in surprising her.

"Hmmm.. Khwaabon bina, nigahen meri jee rahin thi..." Ram sang and played his guitar along.

"Koi nahin tha yeh akeli meri thi zindagi.." He came a little closer to where she was.

"Khamosh tha honthon pe baatein nahin thi.. Koi nahin tha yeh akeli meri thi zindagi.." He swayed himself a little.

"Tum mile toh mil gaya yeh jahaan, 
Tum mile toh har pal hai naya..
Tum mile toh gham se hai faasla..
Tum mile toh jaadu chhaa gaya..
Tum mile toh jeena aa gaya..
Tum mile toh maine paaya... hai khuda.." Ram pointed a finger towards her while walking around her. She could only watch him in awe. She knew how he sings but she had no clue about the guitar. She smiled at him as he continued.

"Palk'ein moond'ein chaahat meri so rahi thi.."

"Khushbu hawaa'on mein thi
Maine nahin mehsoos ki.." He twirled his finger in the air.

"Tum mile toh mehki baarishe'ein..
Tum mile toh jaagi khwaahish'ein..
Tum mile toh rang'on ka hai silsila.." He took out a handful of rose petals, from the right pocket of his pant and blew it towards her.

"Tune duaa'ein suni..
Dil ki sadaiy'ein suni..
Tujhse main maangu aur kya..
Tujh bin adhura hoon main..
Tere sang poora hoon main..
Karta hoon tera shukriya.." He sat down in his knees and bowed his head. She was overwhelmed with his love for her. The immense love and respect she had for him, felt so less to her. Oh how she wished to witness this special moment ten years ago.

"Kaise kahoon lamhe mujhe chhoo rahe hain..
Aisa laga hain inm'ei tera hi toh ehsaas hai..
Kaise kahoon dil mein nayi aahat'ein hain..
Aisa laga hain inm'ei tera hi toh ehsaas hai.." Ram looked up at her.

"Tum mile toh mera dil gaya..
Tum mile toh sab kuch mil gaya..
Tum mile toh logon se kya vaasta.." He stood up.

"Tum mile toh jaadu chha gaya..
Tum mile toh jeena aa gaya
Tum mile toh maine paaya hai khudaaa.." Ram finished with a smile.

As he noticed the happy tears in her eyes, he mentally scolded himself for being an idiot ten years ago. For delaying this special moment, this long.

"I wanted to say this ten years ago.. on your birthday but.." He kept his guitar aside, carefully. And before he could continue, she spoke.

"But you chose to be an idiot!" She hit him playfully. "I was wondering what made you do this today? Aren't you scared today?" She asked.

"I was nervous when I began but not anymore and I wasn't scared at all." Ram smiled "Someone said, no one can reject me and I believe that someone with all my heart!"

"And who that someone is?" She folded her arms across her chest.

"Hey! I'm here to propose you so let me do that first!" Ram took a step back. She nodded a blush in reply.

"You're the only one who can make me do anything in this world. With you by my side, I can overcome all that comes my way." He bent on his knees. "You're my strength." He held out a ring with his right hand "My happiness is right next to you." He forwarded his left palm "You're my love." He paused for a second "And as cheesy as it may sound but love is life." He heard her chuckle "So, will you please be a little kind to me and give me my life?" He smiled "Will you marry me, again? My dear wife?" He grinned.

"I will!" Priya placed her hand in his' with a blush adorning her cheeks.

"I love you!" Ram slipped the ring in her finger.

"I love you!" Priya smiled.

"Ouch!" He rubbed his knee as he stood up. "Thank God I didn't do it ten years ago."

"Excuse me!" She poked a finger on his arm "Thank God that I wasn't an idiot like you. Thank God that I asked Papa to talk to your Dad. Thank God your Parents didn't listen to your pleas and ordered you to come immediately. Thank God that you at least saw me on our engagement day and last but not the least, THANK GOD that you recognised me!" Priya said in a go, sighing.

"And Thank God the list wasn't long or else there would have been a hole in my arm by now!" He chuckled and earned a gentle punch on his shoulder.

"Happy first wedding anniversary to us!" Ram took her in a hug.

"Happy eleventh anniversary of our love!" Priya hugged him back.

"By the way, when did you learn to play guitar?" Priya asked as they swayed on the rhythm of cold breeze.

"When you were busy in buying the classy and definitely not CUTE cufflinks for your husband!" Ram let out a small laugh.

"They're CUTE!" She declared as she pulled herself out of the hug.

"Yeah.. Yeah!" Ram nodded and pulled her back in a hug.

"You're an idiot!" Priya smiled, resting her chin in his shoulders.

"And you're in love with this idiot!" Ram smiled back.

----~**~----

Writer: Anshika7

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rayaland thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awww so cute n sweet os yaar too good 
iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
I am in love with these two idiots. what a superb os. brilliant. absolutely sweet n cute. pl.do write more
reshak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely raya r celebrating valentine's day..
beautiful Os...
sorry its their Anniversary...
3 stories read in one go so little confused..
Edited by reshak - 7 years ago
peeyara thumbnail
Darn i wanted to like the OS but clickes edit πŸ˜†
Since i hv postes it, i cant like it πŸ˜’

The OS is love...simple, cute, romantic n dreamy

I loved it ...keep writing Anshika and pls post ur work IF for us
DiehardRaYafan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Surprising is what Mr.Kapoor is certainly good atπŸ˜†... Beautifully penned' and very rayalicious
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
A crush which turned out into marriage.
Ram has given unique gift to Priya on their anniversary and now proposed her again to be remain his life forever.
leena04 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

awww I just loved this 2 cutie for sure so sweet & romantic OS yaar so good to read I really enjoyed it in all way too god... Ram's gift was the best for sure. .. enjoyed it a lot do write more like this...