•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
Hello
I love reading short stories as much as I love novels. Recently I stumbled upon one short story by Ruskin Bond , 'The Eyes Have It' and man! this simple innocent story pulled the strings of my heart like nothing else. I am still wondering what is special about this really simple short story that I loved so much! Anyway. I am pining to read more of such stuff. Could anyone suggest me good short stories that have power to penetrate your heart. 
Manto and Chughtai are two people , I have read all of their work. And I love them. 
So anyone except these two ðŸ˜Š 
I remember opening a topic on short stories ages ago...There were some good suggestions there. But of course I can't remember a single one! ðŸ˜•

Anyway... Nastha Nirh (The Broken Nest in English) by Tagore is my favourite short story/novella ever. I found the translated version in my college library a few years ago, but I don't know if the English version is available out there for sale... Good luck!
Edited by LoveToLaugh - 7 years ago
Originally posted by LoveToLaugh

I remember opening a topic on short stories ages ago...There were some good suggestions there. But of course I can't remember a single one! ðŸ˜•

Anyway... Nastha Nirh (The Broken Nest in English) by Tagore is my favourite short story/novella ever. I found the translated version in my college library a few years ago, but I don't know if the English version is available out there for sale... Good luck!

Oh Tagore is absolutely amazing!

Thank you , I shall go through your thread ðŸ˜Š
I love reading short stories.
Any suggestions on good short stories specially by indian writers?
Originally posted by .Subha.

I love reading short stories.
Any suggestions on good short stories specially by indian writers?

Indian Fiction is a treasure in its own.
I can recommend what I have read , Rusking Bond , Chughtai , Tagore (of course) , Mahashweta Devi , Premchand
P.S Amitav too have written short stories I think.

I am unable to recall all but few I really liked , Stench Of Kerosene (Mahashweta) , all of Chughtai (ps names are confusing , different translations , different titles) , The eyes have it 
Manto , though considered pakistani is the most amazing writer ever! His 'khol do' , 'kaali salwaar' , harnam kaur' Wow!
Edited by shubhika124 - 7 years ago
I was in 10 grde when i was reading "Cyndrella (disney movie)" and really it was, is the best short, cute and adorable story i evea read in mah life. But now adays, i am just crazy about reading baby stories. Can anyone tell me about any baby related or baby article website or thread??
Hi I don't read many short stories, actually thanks for all your suggestions, I'm gonna read some of the novellas suggested by you!
I read few short stories from a writer, Raymond Carver. Now I don't think these are the kind of stories that leave an impact on your heart but they are certainly interesting and they will make you reflect. So do read some of them if you want! ðŸ˜Š