Promised - PaRud OS - Page 2

Posted: 7 years ago

Promised - PaRud One shot

After finding out the truth about the doll, the day of Major Saab's award ceremony, Paro decides to go back to the place where it all begun...

x-x-x

Most of this was written while listening to Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai, which inspired one of the most romantic (cheesy?) lines in the OS so I suggest you listen to it as you read. I didn't write the dialogue in Hindi because...well, I don't trust translation websites and don't know a word of it >-<

Anyway, enough of my rambling.

Happy reading!

x-x-x

They had met fleetingly. The sight of a crying boy, a waving hand, her hair flowing in the wind, a thrown doll.

That doll which he had held close as a healing to all the wounds tearing up his insides. He had promised himself something that day. If he was fortunate to meet that girl again, he'd make her as happy as he could to thank her for that gift of hers that managed to bring his tormented soul a bit of peace.

Neither of them had ever forgotten the other, and destiny played an unexpected game writing how they'd meet again, the witness and the Jallad.

Rudra stared at the beauty before him in astonishment as she spoke up the truth about the doll.

"What was mine became yours. It was on a sunny day, and I saw a boy crying."

They were now at the same station their buses had stopped at now. He had come here, notified by Aman after the ceremony that Parvati was there for some reason, and he found himself thinking What if she's leaving for Birpur?' He shouldn't care. She had given her testimony of Tejawat's wrongdoings, not only to him but to the press. That was what he wanted out of the witness, and she had fully fulfilled it, even if quite late. But he did care. He didn't think it correct for her to go back to her village without there being some sort of farewell between them.

And then he found her holding the doll he had angrily forbidden her from touching.

"What was mine became yours. It was on a sunny day, and I saw a boy crying."

He stared at her, dumbfounded, his mind recalling the scene from years ago.

That long, flowing hair, the waving hands and that angelic crooked smile...

"I-it was you?"

To see Major Saab, usually so confident, in both of his anger or rare calm moments, stutter surprised Parvati.

She nodded, barely biting back a smile.

"Destiny played an incredible game to make us meet again." She said quietly, stepping closer to him.

He looked at her. Her gleaming eyes, her flower petal like lips, her bangle adorned wrists, a decorative silver chain brushing against the skin of her stomach, which he knew would be creamy to the touch. She was dressed in her purple and yellow lenhenga, and on her forehead still lay the mark of him accidentally filling her maang.

"R-Rud..." She had started breathing out his name, cheeks tinged in embarrassment as he wordlessly stared at her.

But in the pleasant surprise of his next action, his name caught in her throat.

His hands were on the bare skin of her back, and she was in his arms.

"I grew up being told women couldn't be trusted. I didn't trust you, I had to rely on you to complete my mission. You were there, confused, scared, beautiful. I made you cry so much, I killed someone right in front of you. And yet, you had compassion for me, for the boy that was abandoned by the first woman in his life. You have an innocence I thought tricky. The same innocence the girl who gave me this doll, the healing to my wounds, the sanity in my moments of madness. I did you wrong, Paro. And yet the day I got this from you..." He paused and pulled back a little to stroke the doll's purple duppata, also touching Paro's hand which made her heartbeat quicken even more than it already had been racing from being in his arms. "I promised to make you happy, as a way to thank you for it, even if I don't think a Jallad like me capable of such an achievement."

Hearing the word Jallad  leave Rudra's mouth with undeniable resentment towards his own self made Paro's doe eyes go glossy with tears.

"No, don't say that about yourself... If there's anything I was even more wrong about than trusting Tejawat, it was calling you by that name. You're not anything like it. You saved me from criminals. I owe you my life, my honor, the safety I've been living in even when Tejawat wanted me dead." She stopped. There were people in the station that had curiously gathered around to watch their scene, and although part of her was very abashed, she did exactly what her heart told her to. She was ready to kneel at his feet, and did so, as he was too aghast to even move at the moment.

A nervous smile on her lips, Parvati took out the box she had hopefully been carrying since leaving the Haveli.

Astonishment painted over Rudra's features. He had yelled at her, brutalized her, purposefully starved her even, and she wanted to be married to him?!

As if she read his mind, she shook her head, her smile widening a little.

"Nahi Major Saab. Don't think like that. Even if our story had dark twists and we tried to compete against each other...  

Up until today, I've lived for you, and only for you. You took me in, sheltered me when I was endangered, you became my Protector. Your family became mine, too.

By making me yours, you will be fulfilling your childhood promise.

I begged Bholenath to protect me, and he sent you. I see God in you."

A while later, Paro was leaving the station with a filled Maang, in the arms of a husband who had made her happy, and done as promised.

x-x-x

I hope you enjoyed, I'd be happy to know what you thought, so please leave feedback

Thanks for reading!

Edited by M_Y10 - 7 years ago
hi. Good beginning. Keep it up. Please continue your skills.
Hi Dear...
Welcome To RangRasiya Forum...
I saw ur cmt in Sonia's FF so sweet of u dear..
Coming to Ur Os..
It was Amazing One..
U jus make me remember old & Gold Memories of PaRud Proposal moment..
It was an Amazing Proposal so far in TV..
I send u buddy request pls add me dear..
pls PM me When u update nxt part of this Os or New Os..
Thx for Sharing ur OS with Us..
Pls try to Continue Ur Good Work..

Love
Bhavya
Edited by -BhavyaEsther- - 7 years ago
Thank you so much for the comment!
I'm glad you liked my OS
The PaRud proposal is so good I could watch it all day :)       
I think I've added you, but I'm not sure, since I'm new to the Forum and still trying to get used to the layout functions and stuff
I plan to write more Parud OS', maybe even a FF since the amazing couple really inspires me, I will PM you to let you know!!
It's a very beautifully written OS. loved it dear.