Balika Vadhu

TOI:Toral Rasputra: I will not play another Anandi now

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Tanvi Trivedi | TNN | Apr 12, 2016,

After Pratyusha Banerjee's exit from 'Balika Vadhu' in 2012, Toral Rasputara stepped in as the new Anandi.

But there was never any tension between the two, she says. "I remember meeting her for the first time at an event. I liked the fact that even though I had replaced her, she came up to me and wished me luck for the show. She seemed like a bubbly girl, who was full of life."

Now, Toral's journey as Anandi has come to an end as the show gears up for a time leap.

Ask the actress if she had an inkling about the leap and she says, "The show had been dragging for some time, so it needed some kind of freshness."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
TFS 
Looks like she too got fed up with endless dragging over the past few months.But she has taken the right decision and chosen the right time and right reason to exit the show. 

Many thanks to Toral Rasputra for playing the role to the best of her efficiency and wish her all the very best in her future endeavours.

Hope her wish to try her hand at comedy comes true.

Would love to see her comeback with a good show whether comedy or drama or a love story. 
Edited by aparnauma - 8 years ago
hisusmita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Tfs

Good decision by toral

She has done justice to the character

She has played all the facets of anandi though initially she was not that good but have to appreciate the way she has taken all the criticism. In this virtual world all the comments are so open and when she came she had to tolerate all those abusive comments but she has taken it in a positive manner and got into the skin of the character.

She played happy, content anandi, care free drugged anandi, pain stricken anandi, a strong anandi who can close down the bar with the help of thise down trodden ladies, anandi who is so much in love with shiv

She emoted every emotions very nicely

A very right decision in right time

I hope she will remain grounded the way she is now and must say she has carried herself in a very dignified manner in this industryEdited by hisusmita - 8 years ago
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I wish Toral all the best for her career and personal life. Apart from many social messages, BV should be given credit for giving all the mediocre actors a chance to learn and explore their acting skills. Actors like Shadhank, Pratyusha, Siddharth and Toral have learned a lot and exited from the show as much better actors than they were before BV!
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Tfs.

Toral gave a lot to Anandi's character.. She was convincing in portraying Shiv's Anandi, Shekhar's bahu Anandi, Amol's mother Anandi and the social worker Anandi who willingly left her work as Sarpanch but never let die the enthusiasm to help people within her. Unfortunately the writers couldn't do justice to Anandi's journey from story point of view and it worsened after the leap. Somewhere Toral also didn't looked convinced after leap to me.

So a good decision to exit. No regrets that Anandi's character is ending.. Wish all the best to Toral!!
umam thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thank you Toral for playing  Anandi and living her life for three years !! As observed in the posts in this thread, after the initial hiccups, she effectively portrayed all the facets of Anandi well..
However, I must record my disappointment with the treatment of Anandi's character post-leap. There is a big gap between what was promised and what was delivered to us!!  I remember reading interviews of the programming head and T - on how Anandi's growth as a strong woman/single mother would be shown post leap - grappling with her chlld's disappearance in midst of rebuilding her life. Disproportionate focus on Jhalra and non-core BV characters made a mess of A's character. I find it strange that the writers never found these gaps or even if they were aware of the gaps never took steps to bring back the essence of character in A  -- from what I have been watching of T - she effectively enacts the role of strong/determined woman and that would have been a pleasure to watch.Anyways - there is no point in talking about all this now 

Wishing Toral all the very best!!!

CosmoCoCo thumbnail
Don't really think cvs are exiting the character because of Toral's exit They don't need Anandi anymore so they are exiting the character It really does not matter to them if Toral stays or goes  when they don't want Anandi alive in show anymore 
RTee thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
TFS.

If TR had wanted, she could have continued post leap in whichever scenario was being painted. But with Anandi around, Nandini would never get centre-stage. Hence  she has to go for the serial to continue.

Loved her portrayal of Anandi. The Anandi who grew on me as time went by with her calm demeanor on and off screen. The person who had to contend with so much hate and negativity (I shudder till today thinking back to the months after March 2013 and the comments I read) and still did not lose her calm in public.

The Anandi who loved Shiv and loved him unconditionally while not losing her objectivity.

The Anandi who loved all family members and carried them along with her as her life progressed.

The Anandi who was pained when people around her were pained. She tried to heal their hearts and minds as best as she could.

Since the Channel and the writers did not want to explore Anandi's journey when they had the opportunity, it is best that it ends now.

All the best Toral Rasputra for her future.
kate-nic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When cvs dont want Anandi then how does it matter Toral wants to continue or not ?Cvs are ending Anandi's journey  to start Nandini's journey alone With Anandi's journey ending so does Toral's  journey with BV 
Anyways never liked her much as an actress but still good luck for future
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Well Toral is exiting for the reasons which are important to her.She didn't want to age anymore than this so she is quitting.
If they want to have Anandi post leap they would have either convinced Toral or would have taken someone else to play older Anandi. But the fact is Anandi will be the lead as long as the character remains in the show Nandini will be called Anandi's daughter and never be called the lead.
The only way to make Nandini the lead is by removing Anandi.

Anyways happy that Anandi and Toral are exiting the show. 

Toral fought a lot of negativity and hatred for no fault of hers and made the role her own and hopefully she will remain grounded just like the way she is.

It's better they are ending Anandi's story instead of keeping her and trying to sell other stories.

hope Nandini manages to sell the stories and the show as well as Anandi did. I would like to see this show do well for as long as it is on air whether I watch it or not.

Hope Toral comes back with a new show soon.