Dahleez

Article: Harshad Arora won't tweet, so we took your tweets to him

DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Harshad Arora won't tweet, so we took your tweets to him

Harshad Arora

Dehleez actor Harshad Arora is social media shy. T2 Online belled the cat by taking questions for him from fans on Twitter

Loverboy Zain from Beintehaa, Harshad Arora is back on television. This time, a tough (read delicious) diplomat in Star Plus's brand new show Dehleez. What continues to be the same is his near absence on social media. And the Delhi boy is in no mood to budge. We played pastor and got questions from his fans on Twitter. Excerpts from the chat about his new show, what puts him off, and the transition from being a regular PR chap to a popular face on the tube.

On being the 'chosen' one from among hundreds
About 900 people auditioned for the role of Adarsh in Dehleez, both big names and freshers. And by the time I came, the channel was like why didn't you get Harshad on board earlier? So you got to be the best to do the best. Pure acting and pure talent is what wins eventually, and nothing can cheat that.

Being a star in hometown Delhi
I don't think I am a star yet. Yes, people do recognise me. This time in Delhi, it actually got a bit difficult because people were watching the show and then they were seeing me shoot. The other day we went to a mall and we had to call bouncers because we were getting mobbed. The mall was flooded with people.

Harshad Arora
Harshad in a still from Dehleez shot in Delhi's famous Connaught Place
Zain Vs Adarsh

Zain was a boy, Adarsh is a man. He is more mature, more sorted, very tactful, honest and humble. He is like the ideal man that anybody would want. Zain was like a boy who would do anything to have his way. He was flambyoant, charming, immature, a stubborn spoilt brat. Adarsh is completely the opposite.

Harshad = Zain or Adarsh?

I love both. There's a bit of me in both the characters because there is a good side and a bad side to every human being. There's a kiddish side and then there is a mature side.

From PR to acting

I was working as a public relations guy, sending press releases. I was always very confident about what I was doing, but when I wanted to quit my job and head to Mumbai (to try my hands at acting), my bosses were supportive. I'm still in touch with many of my former colleagues.

Being caught amid the Jat unrest

It was a helpless situation but I sailed through it. The credit goes to my parents completely for the way they've brought me up. I'm very adaptive. If I have to travel in a general compartment, I can still do that. We went to Punjab, and on our way back we were caught in this unrest. Roads were blocked, trains were cancelled. My production house was really scared. They were thinking of getting a chopper for me but then you don't get landing permission. There was just one train, completely packed. That was like torture " 12 hours of journey, we stood all the way. There were no seats. And even amid all this, people recognise you and take pictures. That's life. What's disturbing is that this wasn't really a protest per say, it was more of a political propaganda. And the whole country had to suffer.

Harshad Arora
Harshad loves to work out of his comfort zone
On not being active on social media

I am not a very social media-friendly person. I just about manage to come and promote my show because I've been told by the channel to do that. It's part of my job. But my main task is acting, so I just focus on my task, and if you really work hard and well on your job, people will like you even more. You got to love your job. That's why you are there in the industry. I'd rather work on perfecting my act than work on my social media and PR machinery.

On his numerable fan clubs on social media

I am really thankful but I'd still say that you have to just focus on what you do. Everything else will fall in place. I believe, you just do good and good things will happen.

On the extra dose of female attention

I feel great, it's really overwhelming, it's awesome. I'm also thankful that my earlier show did well overseas, too " Indonesia, Turkey.

On coming out of the comfort zone (with dancing and a Tamil accent)

I signed up this show because it wasn't in my comfort zone. As an actor, you've got to stay out of your comfort zone. The moment you stick to your comfort zone, you will never grow in life. There's a lot more coming on the show, and I will be doing things that no actor has ever done on television. All that's a surprise. This is going to be one action-packed show, and you'll never get bored of it.

On life now and before

I am not a big star yet. As far as getting mobbed and all is concerned, that's an actor's life. That's just the love and affection. Of course I am enjoying it. I have had a different life before, and now it's a different life. As I said, I am very adaptable.

On link-ups

I almost expected this question. It's common in our industry to link you up with your co-star. It works sometimes, acting as publicity. But why should I get into that when there's nothing. You just have to be careful. It's an occupational hazard. It's not that I'm calculative about it but I just focus on my work.

Link: http://t2online.com/entertainment/harshad-arora-won-t-tweet-so-we-took-your-tweets-to-him/cid/1.36967

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashutosh.Nidhi thumbnail
Aww he is so simple and humble!
Good luck for the show!

Tfs 😛
--starstruck-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I like him, he sounds very down to Earth! 
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃 Thanks  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ

😃  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ For The Information ðŸ˜ƒ Fair ! ! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†

ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³   ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ   ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ Going  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³   ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ Nice And Right ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ
zaya20 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
TFS, one of the best interview of Harshad.