Dahleez

Chasing Love ~ A Jaidev-Jaya SS | Chp.8 Pg.20 (June 5)

Sarcy thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
Chapter 1 ~ The Altercation

Blind.

A single word that best described the Sinhas as well as the Bundelas.

There was no other word to describe the reckless way in which the two families had plunged headfirst into forming this union, heedless of the fact or the possibility that, instead of the much coveted happiness and success that the families were looking forward to with the coming together of the two individuals, it could actually end up in disaster. A royal disaster. Could nobody, not one single person, see the undisguised sadness on the face of his brother, and the soon-to-be groom, Adarsh Sinha?

Jaidev knew that his brother wasn't happy. He didn't know why Adarsh wasn't interested in marrying Vanshika, but he knew that Adarsh wasn't interested. He could effortlessly read the reluctance, disappointment and sadness on his brother's face. After all, he wasn't a stranger to those emotions in his own relationship himself. He was suffering day and night in the clutches of an unwanted relationship but he'd be damned if he let Adarsh go through the same ordeal. Things had moved at lightening speed today and before he could do anything, Adarsh and Vanshika had been engaged. But if there was one thing he would do, it was ensure that this relationship didn't reach the stage of matrimony. He knew that being the acquiescent and duteous son that Adarsh was, he would never go against the wishes of their mother - just like Jaidev himself never had. Talking to Adarsh would be the first step and then he'd figure out how to take this ahead.

Looking at his watch he realised it was past midnight and he didn't think now was the time to speak to his brother. The man could do with some sleep but Jaidev was willing to bet that sleep would be an elusive dream tonight.

He turned from the window, where he was staring aimlessly into the dark night, as he heard footsteps approaching. Jaya entered the room, the traces of a smile still lingering on her face.

"I am so happy for Adarsh today. Vanshika and Adarsh look adorable together, perfectly made for each other," she chimed as she brushed her hair, sitting before the mirror.

"You live in a world of pseudo-happiness, don't you, Jaya?" Jaidev sneered.

Jaya was taken aback and his words wiped the smile off her face.

"Why can't you understand that a relationship to which both parties do not consent does not bring happiness to either of them?"

Jaya closed her eyes and turned away, her actions a hollow attempt to evade the hurt his words evoked. His insinuations were not lost on her. But she was tired of their regular altercations. They never did manage to have a civil conversation, but lately, their arguments had become too taxing for her. And Jaya was tired of being the only one trying to make this relationship work.

Pretending that there wasn't a meaning to his words except the apparent one, she responded, "But why do you think that Adarsh and Vanshika both do not consent to this relationship?"

"Because I know my brother," Jaidev couldn't control his ire from rising. With Jaya, he never could. "And if you hadn't been too busy being the doting daughter-in-law and spared a moment to really look at Adarsh, you'd know that he wasn't happy. He was rather flabbergasted with the whole shindig that greeted him today upon his arrival at home."

"If Adarsh wasn't in agreement to this proposal, he would have declined it when mama spoke to him about it," Jaya replied calmly.

"Oh, really? Who, pray tell, do you think is persuasive of the two? Do you think mom can ever be discouraged once she's put her mind to something?"

Jaya was astounded as the implication of his words dawned on her, "Are you saying that Adarsh couldn't say no because mama wouldn't hear of it?"

"Yes," he gritted out.

"Oh, but I never thought mama would do this to Adarsh - "

"You would think if you cared about anyone apart from yourself and your precious mama. All you care about is pleasing mom and being in her good books, even if that means ruining someone's life!" Jaidev mocked. "Whoever asked you to meddle in Adarsh's life and come up with a proposal for him? If you were so eager to please mom, you could have at least discussed it with me before you went to her with this whole idea and ruined Adarsh's life!"

Jaya always prided her ability to remain unruffled on the outside even if she was going through an emotional upheaval from within. She always managed to remain quiescent in times such as these but living with Jaidev had become a task these days and her temper now easily frayed.

"Discussed with you?" She snapped. "Jaidev, when was the last time we had a civil conversation, let alone a discussion? Haven't you made it explicit that you do not like my presence around you and barely tolerate it? As to ruining Adarsh's life, grow up and quit trying to lay the blame on my shoulders for every damn thing. It isn't my fault if Adarsh, just like his brother, can't be assertive about his choices."

With that final shot, she spun around and stalked off to bed, leaving Jaidev to reel in the shock of what had just transpired. To say Jaidev was surprised was an understatement. He was stunned. Never before had his wife so much as raised her voice while speaking to him, or anyone whatsoever. Her reaction, along with her words, would haunt him through the night. As Jaidev turned off the lights and settled into bed, he couldn't help but wonder what had become of his life.

Edited by -Sarcy- - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sarcy thumbnail
No takers for a Jaya-Jaidev story?
DEEPZzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Edit 
Nice story.. written  well its like  it was all happening  in the front of my eyes i like the start looking  forward  to the next bit.

Thanks for the pm do pm me when u update 
Edited by pikychu - 8 years ago
angel6599 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Nice story๐Ÿ‘. At last Jaya spoke up would love to see something like this in the show. It will be nice if you come up with a flashback of their marriage or both of them working as a team help a adarsh out n thereby at least becoming friends. If u have already planned something then go with it.continue soon I am eager to read ur take.
--starstruck-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Great story and very well written. Would love to read further 
JazzyM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
True a nice start...
Loved Jaidev's feeling toward Ardash but the way you described the last part (conversation) between Jaidev and Jaya...superb/
Sarcy thumbnail
Originally posted by: pikychu

Edit

Nice story.. written well its like it was all happening in the front of my eyes i like the start looking forward to the next bit.

Thanks for the pm do pm me when u update

Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts. :) Glad to know that you could visualise the scene while reading.

If you could add me to your buddy list, sending a PM would be easier.
cupcaked thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Aww, Jaidev is concerned about Adarsh โค๏ธ
This is so different from any of the stories on this forum.
Wonderful! Hats off to you! ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you for the pm.
Do pm me again if you write any story.
Or just if you want to talk. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Tani.

Israt25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
such a nice story it is .continue sooon