Balika Vadhu

Pratyusha Banerjee Commits Suicide - ALL DISCUSSIONS HERE ONLY - Page 6

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Balika Vadhu actress found dead, suicide suspected

Pratyusha Banerjee, better known as Anandi for her role in popular TV serial Balika Vadhu, was found dead in her suburban home on Friday at around 5 pm. Her body was found hanging from the fan with a dupatta by Pratyusha's boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh and their cook. Rahul informed the police and her uncle in Borivali about the death at around 6.30 pm. She was declared dead at Kokilaben Hospital in Andheri (west) late on Friday evening. The body has been sent to Cooper Hospital for post-mortem.

Speaking to The Asian Age, Pratyusha's mother Soma Banerjee said, "Pratyusha and I used to live in together in Kandivali. But on January 12 this year, Rahul said he would take her to live with him in Malad. She told me to return to Jamshedpur, where I live with my husband. Two days ago she spoke to her father and said her life was difficult. On Thursday, she spoke to me and said the same thing. She sounded upset." Adding that Pratyusha wanted to marry Rahul, Soma said, "Rahul is definitely responsible for my daughter's death because she was unhappy and upset in the relationship."

The Bangur Nagar police of Malad area, which is investigating the case, said that no suicide note was recovered from the spot, he added. The officials have not drawn a conclusion yet and the cause of death was not established at the time of going to press.

When this newspaper contacted Dr Ram Narain, executive director of Kokilaben Hospital, he refused to comment.

Confirming the incident, Mumbai police official spokesman DCP Dhananjay Kulkarni said, "Yes, Kokilaben Hospital has sent a report about the death." Officials said that her call date records of the past six months would be examined and a panchnama of her home would be done. The police will also record the statements of her family and friends. Incidentally, Pratyusha's Whatsapp status updated on March 15 read: Mar ke bhi munh na tujse modna.

The entire cast of Balika Vadhu was at the hospital. Actors Ejaz Khan, Karanvir Bohra and Rohit Khurana were also among those who were at the hospital.

A visibly shocked Khurana said, "I was at the Box Cricket League when I got this news and we all rushed to the hospital. The police is here. They are doing their bit to find out what went wrong. My heart goes out to her parents. They are expected here tomorrow morning. Professionally she was doing quite well. I really cannot fathom what must have made her take such drastic step."

Reacting to her death, Smita Bansal, her Balika Vadhu co-star said, "I am really not in a state to speak. I am heartbroken by the news. We had bonded well during Balika Vadhu. We would always be chatting in each other's make-up rooms. I feel I have lost a family member. I never imagined she would do something like this"

Naved Jafri, Pratyusha and Rahul's co-contestant on the show Power Couple, said, "I saw them at the finale and they appeared like any normal couple. I didn't interact much with them. But, from whatever little I got to know her during Power Couple, she came across as someone who is full of life. This news has shocked me and my wife."

TV actor and close friend Sara Khan said, "Her boyfriend had asked her to cut off contact from all her friends. Her friends would call her to meet, but she would refuse. He had recently gone to Sri Lanka, but did not take her along and she was upset about it."

Tanuj Garg, film producer and former CEO Balaji Motion Pictures reacted, "Terrible, terrible news about Pratyusha Banerjee. Met her once at a party. How extreme must pressures be to drive one to take one's own life. Friends met Pratyusha Banerjee and her boyfriend Rahul (who owns a production house) on Holi and they seemed happy. They were to get married."

According to television industry sources, she was depressed by how her relationship was shaping with boyfriend Rahul. The two were in a serious relationship and planning to get married soon.

Pratyusha was best known for her debut role in Balika Vadhu. Thereafter, she shifted to reality shows and participated in Bigg Boss 7. Pratyusha's last outing on TV was in Sasural Simar Ka where she played a role that had negative shades.

The past few months had been controversial for Pratyusha as she accused eight men of posing as cops and molesting her. Moreover, her boyfriend and she also faced flak for non-payment of dues after her birthday party at a plush suburban venue.

Apr 02, 2016 | 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thewanderer thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Pratyusha got selected to play the role of Anandi by SMS poll. She came into our homes as Anandi, lived with us... And made the country her fan. She became the favourite Bahu and the most loved character. People lived the life of Anandi with her, cried with her and smiled with her as if she was their own.
      And one day she left us, saddening us , breaking our hearts. People cried but she has gone and will never come back. She has made a place in our hearts . She will always be remembered as our 'Balika Vadhu' ... Our 'Anandi'
cherry_sd thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
http://www.mid-day.com/articles/pratyusha-banerjees-boyfriend-on-the-run-after-balika-vadhu-actress-kills-self/17095198

Sutapasima thumbnail

Pratyusha Banerjee Suicide: Boyfriend Rahul records first statement

TNN | Apr 2, 2016,

TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee's boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has recorded his first statement to police.

Rahul said in his statement: "We used to stay in a 2-bedroom flat. We had two keys; one key was with Pratyusha and another with me."

"When I entered the bedroom, I found Pratyusha hanging from the ceiling. I got very scared. Immediately, I called the neighbours and with their help, I took her to Kokilaben hospital. We assumed that she was alive...but she was not."

"I got so scared that I did not inform the police. It was the hospital authorities who informed them. After the doctor's declaration, I called up Pratyusha's family members and few of our close friends.

BUDDH thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have been away from India Forum for 3 years, but saw the news of Pratyusha Banerjee and I know how much she was loved by people on the Forum. Very shocking; at the budding age of 24/25. Very tragic. My deepest condolences
Sutapasima thumbnail
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i read this in newspaper and was shocked beyond repair. i got remembered of kuljeet randhawa suicide case.  every person has good and down phases in life. every person feels lonely in personal life at some point of time.  if professional life  is low. it affects the person . the person may feel desperate to get success back. frustrated as he is lagging behind of others even he is more talented.  the incident is really unfortunate. hope she would have discussed this with her closed ones to sort out. or even a counselor would have helped. these talk is now is of no use. she won our hearts as Anandi and was critically acclaimed too.  the incident also open eyes of masses who think that glamour world is happy place as she having financial trouble is mentioned in channels.  we see in shows like SBS showing celebs doing fun, masti. we feel actors are very rich, successful , are famous.  we think they have  no trouble in their lives. i am extreme sad. God give her parents strength to cope. so difficult to see your child like this.  i wish she gets justice. RIP Pratyusha.  Edited by crazygul - 8 years ago
crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
the person was surely going  under extreme pain that forced her to take her life. yeh janey ki umar nahi thi. god bless her soul ! Rest in peace ! 
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Must say nothing could be more ironic that the very actress who portrayed Anandi's lowest phase of life would take such a drastic step!  Edited by libsrocks - 8 years ago