Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajiv_register thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Felt bad after hearing this news. She and her boy friend were in news for all the wrong reason in last 3-4 months. Most important decision in life is who we want to spend our whole life with and we take it so callously. Love at first sight is great myth propagated by film industry and people have just believed it blindly. People fall in love, fall out of love, marry and then get divorced(after years together). Hoped she would have had some one to make her stronger during tough time. Her character was so strong on TV and hope she would have taken some real life lessons from it. RIP Pratyusha! Edited by rajiv_register - 8 years ago
saaniakh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shocking News

RIP

May her soul Rest in Peace !
sweetu1995 thumbnail
It is shocking and sad. I am more sad that youngsters these days are so self centered. Why didn't she even think about the people she will leave behind?

Dignitas thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Very sad news

Rest in Peace Pratyusha Banerje...
bonnie7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Very shocking news...RIP Pratyusa 
tellygeek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Extremely shocking, terrible news ! 
I was stunned reading it in the newspaper today morning.
Such a sweet, beautiful young lady with a promising career!
May her soul rest in peace. 
May God give her parents strength and comfort during this difficult time !
Sad, very sad.
wanderer thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
compelled to log in today and write.
Won't comment on her suicide, but would definitely want to write about what she brought to my life.

When BV went for a leap and a new Anandi was introduced to us through Pratyusha, I like many, was skeptical. Because we all loved Anandi and rooted for her.

But Pratyusha endeared us further to Anandi as no one could. She was sensitive. She was mischievous.  She was hardworking, lovable, ...she portrayed Anandi and took the character to such heights. Avika was a kid and she did her job well. But the complexities of Anandi were brought out truly beautifully by Pratyusha. Her chemistry with everybody else was so natural, esp Dadisa. We all smiled with her and were pained see her in pain.
There are so many moments that Pratyusha made memorable by her brilliance. One that stands out for me, was the day she slapped Jagya, when he asked for his property rights. 

I will admit I stopped watching BV after her exit. For me, nobody else could ever be Anandi again. I used to tune in sometime, but never really got addicted to it again and finally gave up.

Pratyusha made Anandi into that daughter, whom everybody would love to have and be proud of.
I dont have a daughter of my own, but for some years through Anandi, played by Pratyusha, I almost felt like I had one.
PRINCESS_ALISHA thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
such a sad news we heard in opening of the new month. RIP
Sutapasima thumbnail

PTI | Apr 2, 2016,

Expressions of shock and condolences poured in from friends and near ones in the TV industry over the alleged suicide of TV actress Pratyusha Banerjee, who was found dead at her suburban residence on Friday.

"Sad sad sad. Nothing's worth ending your one beautiful gift called life for... My heart bleeds for the parents and family...," tweeted 'Bigg Boss 7" winner Gauhar Khan.

"The news is absolutely saddening. I know life is tough but why do you need to do this. She was so young, I don't know what happened. Lots of strength to her family during this time," Kushal Tandon, her co-contestant said.

The 24-year-old was found hanging from a ceiling fan at her flat in Bangur Nagar in suburban Kandivli, a police officer said.

However, no suicide note was found from the flat, he said, adding the exact cause of the death, which occurred around afternoon, will be known only after an autopsy is conducted.

"Is it confirmed? It is really sad, I am just shocked and speechless. I can only pray for her family right now," actress Elli Evram, who also participated in the show with Pratyusha, said.

"So shocked to hear about Pratyusha Banerjee suicide. Makes me think of Nafisa and Jiah. All beautiful, talented girls. This is heartbreaking," Sophie Choudry tweeted.

"Can't believe #pratyushabanerjee is no more. Rip. Have gone numb. She was so young," Ragini Khanna tweeted.

"Shocking... can't believe this news. Rip Prayushabanerjee," Sambhavna Seth tweeted.

A few fellow actors like Ratan Rajput and Jay Bhanushali said they thought it was an April fool prank, but were shocked when the news was confirmed.

"I got to know around 9pm when I was shooting for my show. I thought somebody was making April fool joke. Then I checked with our common friend Vikas Gupta and he said it was true. I was shocked. This is unbelievable. I have just reached Kokilaben hospital," Ratan said.

"It is really sad. She took such a big step and I don't know why. Initially I thought it must be an April fool's prank but then I got it confirmed through some of my media friends and close associates," Bhanushali said.

VJ Andy also said he thought it was a joke after hearing the news on Twitter. "Then I got a call from Tanisha who told me the same. Then my manager too confirmed it. I still cannot believe it. I am shocked."

Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

Actress Pratyusha Banerjee of Balika Vadhu fame commits suicide

ress Pratyusha Banerjee, who played Anandi in popular television series Balika Vadhu, has committed suicide. Some 'personal reasons' are said to be behind the suicide; Pratyusha was admitted to Mumbai's Kokilaben Hospital where she breathed her last.

Pratyusha, 24, started her career with Balika Vadhu. She was also a contestant on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5 and was one of the participants of Bigg Boss 7.

Pratyusha has worked in TV series Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya in 2014 and was last seen in Hum Hain Na as the main female lead.

TNN