This world or that world

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
The highlight of today's episode was Ram and Rishi Jabali's conversation. It was a long and spiritual conversation however what caught my attention was Jabali saying that whatever we have is this world only, there is nothing beyond it and sacrifices made in this world won't reap anything for the next world because there isn't any. Ram replied that I'm not doing all this to gain something in another world but to simply be able to leave peaceful in this world itself. 

Almost all the religions that I know of talk about another world. They all talk about heaven or hell and how your Karma here in this world determines what you'll get after death. Today's episode made me think that why even we need this another world theory ? Why all the religions ingrain this fear of another world in minds of their followers ? I kind of agree with what Jamali said, this world is all we have. I mean at least this world is evident, we can't be 100% about other worlds but about this one we are sure that it exists. Ram replied that I'm simply doing what I'm doing so that I can live this life peacefully. And that is what made me think why do people need this bait of another world post this life ? Why can't people simply do what is right or at least what is moral without this greed of going to heaven ? As Ram said simply to live this life peacefully. 
And I find it funny that people are ready to walk on right path to get hevean (they are not even sure about its existence) but are not ready to walk on right path for this world (which they know for sure that it exists).
Edited by sumedha93 - 8 years ago
the answer lies in ur post itself- bcoz human is greedy by nature. at the same time fearful as well. The motto of every religion is to ensure human does good deeds so that greed of entering heaven is satisfied and remain fearful to do bad deeds to escape hell. 
I personally believe those who got over these factors of greed and fear, were able to create the religions and related teachings. They came to know in the process of overcomin greed and fear that humans in general need to be enticed and feared to make them aware of the morals. 

The factor of 'unknown' always attracts humans. So to get into that unknown world, they simply do deeds in this world. 
Originally posted by attubaby

the answer lies in ur post itself- bcoz human is greedy by nature. at the same time fearful as well. The motto of every religion is to ensure human does good deeds so that greed of entering heaven is satisfied and remain fearful to do bad deeds to escape hell. 
I personally believe those who got over these factors of greed and fear, were able to create the religions and related teachings. They came to know in the process of overcomin greed and fear that humans in general need to be enticed and feared to make them aware of the morals. 

The factor of 'unknown' always attracts humans. So to get into that unknown world, they simply do deeds in this world. 

My questions were rhetorical
However I agree with you, it is fear of unknown that bolsters the theory of other world.
Sumedha have you seen the movie " Oh My God". There is something that swami tells to Paresh Rawal in the end. Dont think you have won. Because there are more people in this world who are God fearing than God loving. And as long as they are there we will survive. 
Isnt that true. See the long queues in front of temples. People go there because they fear. They are so much fearful of the uncertainty and believe doing all the rituals they can escape the uncertainity. They will get peace. But unfortunately no. People will go to satsang, will hear so much Ramyana Parayan, Bhagavad Gita and all. But still inner peace deludes them. 
Reason is fear. Even after doing rituals they dont trust God enough to take care of things. They still want to do things satisfying their ego. 
Actually if you introspect, if you correct your actions, correct your mistakes you will get a lot of inner peace in this life itself. What Ram told is so true. He is doing it to satisfy his conscience, to give him peace. Do actions that can allow you to sleep peacefully. But unfortunately in the chakkar of heaven and hell people forget earth. They think of what is above, what is below but not about on which they are standing. Past is cribbed, future is worried, present wasted.  But Ram he lived in the present. 
Originally posted by shruthiravi

Sumedha have you seen the movie " Oh My God". There is something that swami tells to Paresh Rawal in the end. Dont think you have won. Because there are more people in this world who are God fearing than God loving. And as long as they are there we will survive. 
Isnt that true. See the long queues in front of temples. People go there because they fear. They are so much fearful of the uncertainty and believe doing all the rituals they can escape the uncertainity. They will get peace. But unfortunately no. People will go to satsang, will hear so much Ramyana Parayan, Bhagavad Gita and all. But still inner peace deludes them. 
Reason is fear. Even after doing rituals they dont trust God enough to take care of things. They still want to do things satisfying their ego. 
Actually if you introspect, if you correct your actions, correct your mistakes you will get a lot of inner peace in this life itself. What Ram told is so true. He is doing it to satisfy his conscience, to give him peace. Do actions that can allow you to sleep peacefully. But unfortunately in the chakkar of heaven and hell people forget earth. They think of what is above, what is below but not about on which they are standing. Past is cribbed, future is worried, present wasted.  But Ram he lived in the present. 

I have watched that movie and couldn't agree more. As you said d ppl go to satsang, listen puran and stuff to earn 'punya' for next world. It is a reflection of normal human nature, to think about future rather than living peacefully in present.