Members Lounge

|The Jar Of My Ashes Is Filled With Hope|

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

To anyone who cares,

What is the point of life when you can only imagine a future that is bleak? Devoid of any and all meaning? 

I live a life where I'm constantly reminded by various circumstances of my worthlessness and how I am a burden to society.

want to get rid of this numbing pain within me. But it remains in me like an itch that I can't scratch away. Even as I compulsively try harder and harder, I can't seem to get out of the pit that life put me in.

My sense of despair and despondency is growing day by day. The light at the end of the tunnel rapidly diminishing, to a point where I can't see any more light.

And all I can think is that I want to live. 

want to be able to see the light at the end of this tunnel. I want to look forward to the next day, knowing that I am something more than a burden - somebody whose existence actually makes a difference.

don't want to give up this fight. If I do, then I will never know if there's a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow. I will never know if my existence will help to prevent others from questioning theirs. I'll never know if hope waited for me to extend my hand. What I do know in this moment she has her hand extended towards me though.

Credits:
|18shabbo|
|asmaanixx| |unitatoxo.|
|-Trishh-| |.nerfherder| |DUGGUlicious| |.Leprechaun.|
|caffeinaddict.|
Edited by .nerfherder - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WildestDreams thumbnail

Suicide
is a dramatic expression of social unrest which contributes to become a leading cause of a premature death. For this reason, in recent years, the topic of suicide has been receiving attention worldwide, with many nations working to develop prevention programs to help reduce this global epidemic. The World Health Organization estimates about 1 million annual deaths are caused from suicides and has listed suicide as being among the 20 leading causes of death.

The news of a suicide always leaves a sense of confusion and a spontaneous question arises: Why?

The reasons - many!

https://i.imgur.com/Rnfms0b.png

Suicide as a "existential" choice!
At a certain point in their life, some people can no longer find a meaning to their existence. Some people begin to lose interests in daily activities, their previous desires are no longer passionate, while some begin to not emote. Some people may have a normal or even satisfying life, but occasionally it is only an appearance that allows them to hide their deep dissatisfaction. These people no longer believe in anything nor anyone. They feel cynical, disenchanted, and feel like they can love no more.

Suicide as a "reaction"
In this case a person who thinks of committing suicide, reacts to a situation that they feel is hopeless and something they cannot live with. They may have suffered through a trauma, lost a loved one, had a professional or personal disappointment. Sometimes the reason for suicide may seem trivial especially when engaged in by a young man who can commit suicide for a rejection at school, for a sentimental disappointment or otherwise. What is important is not so much the event itself, but the meaning that it takes for this person.

Therefore, what in the eyes of the world may look like a small failure or  an unimportant event, to a young person, it has a devastating effect on their self-esteem.

Suicide as "revenge"
Often, people who want to commit suicide, do not feel loved or considered. Suicide becomes the only way to finally be seen and appreciated by the people around them. Suicide becomes a way to get revenge from the indifference or malice of friends and family. In this way, the people left behind will be forced to live their entire lives, carrying the unbearable weight of guilt and remorse. Often, the suicidee wants to hit the person who did the most to make them suffer in life. Through their death, the suicidee hopes to gain the importance that they  had not managed to get  when they were alive.

Suicide by "love"
When you lose a person whom you loved immensely (either through death or detachment), their absence and the pain they left behind can be so strong that the affected person decides to put an end to their own existence. This is especially true if the affected person was also dependent on the other emotionally. At times, the void that has been left behind becomes too great to handle. Every little thing becomes a souvenir of their lost love and a reminder of the golden days they used to have.Falling into a deep depression due to the lack of companionship, often times enables a person to consider ending their life as they begin to strongly believe, they can meet their loved ones after death.

As reasons vary and are many to ignite suicidal urges, the frequent occurrence of suicide cases is also associated with the conditional habitat or country of the victim of this guilty pleasure. 

In China, for example, it is believed that the number of suicides is underestimated due to economic issues.

In Europe, at present, the percentage for suicidal deaths is higher in the Northeast than in the southern countries. Here, the urban rate is higher than the rural owning to the disarray among the lifestyle and cultural pressure.

In the US, about 75 people commit suicide every day. Suicide accounts for 10% of causes of death in people between 25 and 34 years, and 30% of those are among college students. It is has also been reported to be the second leading cause of death among teenagers!

It is important to consider that suicidal behavior is never the result of a single cause or a single stressor, but several biological, psychological and social interactions. The psychological disorders (depression, mood disorders, substance dependence, schizophrenia, etc.) are undoubtedly high risk factors for suicide.

For a suicidal person, life has become untenable and they became habituated in thinking about suicide as being the only solution to their problems, when really suicide is NOT the answer!

I have friends who fear death!
They worry and they fret and
 seem genuinely terrified of dying!
And I find it remarkable that the
closed people in my life, fear the
 one thing that I've prayed for
--many, many times
and they have no idea
!

[via Alfawrites (FB)]

Edited by DUGGUlicious - 8 years ago
unitatoxo. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

S u i c i d e is a very complicated issue and the prevention of it - a foggy glass of confusion in itself. A suicidal person may not ask for help, but that doesn't mean that help isn't wanted. Most people who commit suicide don't actually want to die; they justdesperately need a cure and this cure can only be provided when one starts to recognize suicidal instincts and warning signs. A suicidal person gives out many warnings and signs which are actually a cry for help and thus, in order to prevent the tragic act from taking place, one should be extremely careful and should be knowledgeable about dealing with this delicate situation.

According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, at least 90 percent of all people who commit suicide suffer from one or more mental disorders such asdepressionbipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or alcoholism. Other risk factors include: Chronic Illness or pain, Social Isolation, drug abuse and lack of a support network. 

In addition to the general risk factors mentioned above, childhood abuse, hostile school or social environment and traumatic events tend to trigger the thought of suicide in manyteensTeenagers may struggle with self-esteem issuesself-doubt, and feelings ofalienation and give out warning signs such as withdrawal from family, friends and relatives, make frequent complaints about physical symptoms, develop an unusual neglect of personal appearance and undergo a change in sleeping and eating habits.

Where teenagers give off warning signs and suicidal instincts which are comparatively easy to study, the elderly, who rank the highest in the suicidal rates, (especially 65 years and above), give off slight signals of helplessness such as social withdrawal, elaborate goodbyes, stockpiling medications and disruption of sleep patterns. 

Suicides in women, on the other hand as compared to men, rose by 80% over the last twenty years, especially in urban areas, reasons swinging between problematic romantic relationships to being considered and harassed as an undermined gender.

The prevention of suicide is only possible if one recognizes suicidal instincts at the right time. The warning signs and signals mentioned above and used frequently by suicidal people are committed in order to voice out their helplessness; their need for cure. Thus, in order to decrease the exponentially increasing rates of suicides, we should try and pay attention to the changed behaviors of our loved ones, our neighbor or even our usual passer by and not disregard it as seasonal, hormonal or a passing fancy. 

Look 
beyond the foggy glass and keep your eyes open, you may just end up helping someone desperate to be reached out. Take immediate and appropriate steps.

Leprechaun thumbnail

A dejected or depressed person can be identified by their change in behavior if we are exposed to them earlier. Even in the case of strangers, there are common signs like shot temper and abnormal behavior and the most visual, self harm that can help in spotting them easily in a habitual mass. Spotting a depressed person and just bumping into them asking about their problems will never help in solving their problem but in turn will create more depression in them. Hence, one should be very careful while approaching a suicidal person or else, there situation might get worse.

Listen to them
While approaching a suicidal person in order to help them, the most important thing is to listen to what they feel as they are already in a situation where they feel dejected and isolated and nagging them to share their problems will never help them to overcome their dangerous thoughts. One should learn to listen effectively. Let the suicidal person unload despair, ventilate anger. No matter how negative the conversation seems, the fact that it exists, is itself a positive sign.

Be accepting, sympathetic and non judgmental
On listening to their worries one must avoid judging their life instead, give them a piece of advise which they might try to follow. Always avoid sharing their problems with someone else as it might make the matter worse. Avoid judging them and blaming them for what they have been through.

Offer Hope
It might sound cliched but hope can do wonders for one. Listen to the problems of the suicidal person, let them ventilate whatever they feel and assure them that they have the potential to make their life better. Offer hope to them that things will get better and these feelings of isolation and dejection are temporary. Let them know how important their life is to you and to others as well.

Seek professional help
If you feel that things are going out of hand, it's better to back off and seek professional help for them instead of trying to make things better as it might do the opposite. Convince them to seek professional help and be with them. Support them throughout and make them feel that things will get better. 

While approaching a suicidal person one should be aware about their sturdy feelings and should be patient with them. Be calm and try to make their situation better. Give them the opportunity to express themselves as much as they can and seek them professional help whenever it's necessary and you might succeed in preventing a suicide.

Edited by .Leprechaun. - 8 years ago
asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

To expect life to be lived without any kind of hurdles or obstacles is foolish. If there are high points, then there are down points as well. If there is happiness and excitement then there is sorrow and grief. After all, one cannot see the importance of light without the darkness. How can one, if all they are accustomed to is one and not the other?

The message that is trying to be delivered out of this is to live a life that is harmonious and well balanced in all its aspects. Do not dwell too much on the negative that it consumes you and prevents you from enjoying the truly mesmerizing parts of being alive.

It is tough when you are at your lowest point. It may feel like the universe has been conspiring against you, making you live in a delusion that had to ultimately break. You wish to be alone with your thoughts and begin to envy all those who are smiling and laughing around you.

But you don't have to live in such an atmosphere. You don't have to be wallowing in sorrow and grief. You can change it around and this is the key point here: YOU.

You alone have the power to get out of your depressive state and enter into a world that is illuminated with numerous opportunities of success. You have the power to make a difference, you have the power to change your life for the better.

There will be times when you feel isolated, dejected from the society. There will be times when you feel like you no more belong to this world, you feel like quitting. There will be times when you feel no one can help you but we assure that there are people who can help you along the way and if you feel you need that little push, that little extra encouragement to reach a better state, then please do not hesitate to look into the following link below. It may benefit your turmoil to change into relief or you could bring in help to someone you hope to save:

http://burdenofheroes.tumblr.com/post/140478745229/accepting-help-is-brave-hotlinescrisis-lines

Our objective today was to let you know that suicide is not a choice of death because to die will be an end, there could never be two way in it. If you hope that it will render a new beginning then remember you are actually killing your only chance at life. And you are mistaken to think that this life isn't worth fighting for. We can only hope that our effort to make you aware about suicide's presence has paid off and leave you to ponder as to why Aberjhani has faith in our souls when he says:

"Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends."

Nicolaselizas thumbnail
which kind of thread this is , still cant understand , can anyone explain me please
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Nicolaselizas

which kind of thread this is , still cant understand , can anyone explain me please

this thread is to raise awareness in the society...
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Excellent topic chosen to create awareness! ๐Ÿ‘
Great job by u, CC's! โญ๏ธ
-Trishh- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So well done RAD!! Great job team!
HappySmiles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Beautiful thread guys :))