- Plagiarism Alert - List of Offenders - Page 4

Posted: 7 years ago
Why is the offender's name ( OlicityQueen ) still not on this list? How much proof does one require to accept that he/she plagiarized someone's work?

Edited by maggie131984 - 7 years ago
Originally posted by maggie131984

Why is the offender's name ( OlicityQueen ) still not on this list? How much proof does one require to accept that he/she plagiarized someone's work?

She also sent me PM, demanding me not to inform the actual author. But I said I won't back off. After that I realized she plagiarised another story as well. And I informed other author also. I hope at least, one of the actual authors would take a legal action against her.
Originally posted by aysemLDG

Warning level is not the right solution actually, all plagiarists should be banned from IF and sued by IF's legal team. But let alone being banned, sometimes these plagiarists can easily get away with it by just saying a mere sorry or pretending as if nothing happened. Sometimes readers also support those plagiarists in order to read stories for free. I also remember a Mod blamed the one who revealed a plagiarist by making it public on a thread, instead of blaming the plagiarist.

By the way, I still can see the thread which was supposed to be locked for review. I also informed the actual author and collected screenshots in case the plagiarist deletes it.

Banning is not possible I think. IF banned accounts from same IP address yet many of us have multiple IDs. IF may ban one ID but these people can come back with another and post.

It might sound harsh but there should be a tag attached to the members Signature box which is visible to everyone unlike WL, which read This member copied fanfiction or something along the lines. Like WL sticks for months this tag also should stick depending upon the severity of crime.

That thread should have been in trash bin by now. Anyways, i am sure the Mod will take action soon, they also have personal life. It's good that you informed the writer. Readers gets attached to 'writers' pretty quickly here, they become friends and defend. Many of them don't understand the depth, for them it's like free entertainment who cares whose work is that. It's just a piece free on the internet. They don't know the level of knowledge or hardwork needed not the effort and courage it takes to post for public scrutiny. 

I saw that post thrashing the writer. While it's harsh and maybe rude, why care when someone didn't think about the backlash before copying? Some comments were downright disgusting there

Originally posted by aysemLDG

She also sent me PM, demanding me not to inform the actual author. But I said I won't back off. After that I realized she plagiarised another story as well. And I informed other author also. I hope at least, one of the actual authors would take a legal action against her.

Is that so? My God, she has some nerve😵 I thought she's keeping quiet for the time being but this is so infuriating. Sick!

On a lighter note her UN is based on the couple I dearly like. What a shame!😆

Edited by .Avengers. - 7 years ago
Originally posted by .Avengers.

Banning is not possible I think. IF banned accounts from same IP address yet many of us have multiple IDs. IF may ban one ID but these people can come back with another and post.

It might sound harsh but there should be a tag attached to the members Signature box which is visible to everyone unlike WL, which read This member copied fanfiction or something along the lines. Like WL sticks for months this tag also should stick depending upon the severity of crime.

That thread should have been in trash bin by now. Anyways, i am sure the Mod will take action soon, they also have personal life. It's good that you informed the writer. Readers gets attached to 'writers' pretty quickly here, they become friends and defend. Many of them don't understand the depth, for them it's like free entertainment who cares whose work is that. It's just a piece free on the internet. They don't know the level of knowledge or hardwork needed not the effort and courage it takes to post for public scrutiny. 

I saw that post thrashing the writer. While it's harsh and maybe rude, why care when someone didn't think about the backlash before copying? Some comments were downright disgusting there

Is that so? My God, she has some nerve😵 I thought she's keeping quiet for the time being but this is so infuriating. Sick!

On a lighter note her UN is based on the couple I dearly like. What a shame!😆

Bold: The idea is very good, as a reader, I wouldn't want to read any story of a writer who stole others' stories, even if once. So tagging a plagiarist is a really good option.

Italic: She also sad that even parents forgave their children and why I didn't show mercy on her by informing the actual author. Can you believe it?
A very positive and mind blowing step against plagiarism but does it imply on only those who have steal the whole story or just the concept?
Guys good you have taken steps to stop plagiarism.. really wants this thing to be stopped.. people should work on their own things instead of robbing others.. 
Originally posted by ColorDreams

A very positive and mind blowing step against plagiarism but does it imply on only those who have steal the whole story or just the concept?

It depends on the level of plagiarism. While we do allow a reasonable 10% in the concept, as long as there is an innovative idea in the story following the copied bit, we are much stricter on stealing the entire story, because that shows nil creative input from the offender.
Originally posted by Soju.

IF link- https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4786244
Original Author- George Boxlicker

Sorry if i am wrong 

Looking into it, thank you for reporting.
Originally posted on : Wattpad 
Original Writer : blooming_rose18
Original Link : https://www.wattpad.com/story/83642692-in-love-with-mr-billionaire

Plagiarized work posted on : India Forums - Ek Duje Ke Vaaste
Plagiarizing Offender : komal2002
Plagiarized Link :  http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4796270

We have made a post on the EDKV forum regarding this : 
Link : http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4808598

We humbly request you to take the necessary action. This is a serious matter and we hope the plagiarizer is taken care of. 

Thank you.