Users

Frequent Posters

Aayat23 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
[QUOTE=A.Hajnal
QUOTE]
Your welcome...

Yeah I mean getting copyright from trusted sites of the work if its original and putting the tag before story stating it is copyrighted and no one have authority or permission of using it without original writers permission.
Hope this will helps and do run security check on your work by the way I told or if you finds something new.
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Dark-Beauty:- Thank you for the link! ðŸ¤—

Originally posted by: muktai

Your welcome...

Yeah I mean getting copyright from trusted sites of the work if its original and putting the tag before story stating it is copyrighted and no one have authority or permission of using it without original writers permission.
Hope this will helps and do run security check on your work by the way I told or if you finds something new.

Okay, will do that...😳
I have run a security check the way you told me to do and found nothing...Thank you so much for all the help...!!! ðŸ¤—
aysemLDG thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
The second thread of this story below was shifted to Removed Content Vault as the writer copied some parts from a published book. After I reported the story for plagiarism and informed the original author, second thread was removed. But I don't understand why Mods still haven't closed the first thread yet, even though, I have reported it twice both on IPKKND and FF forums. Why didn't they inform readers by posting a plagiarism note on both threads? 
AeDilHaiMushkil thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Much needed.. And an action obviously welcomed by hundreds of writers, and readers. 
Just one more suggestion. Here we're dealing with fictions that were stolen off other websites, but what about work that was stolen from IF? 
For that, we need codes to deactivate right click, and 'save as' options, otherwise easily available on other portals such as fanfiction.net, wattpad, blogger and wordpress. Because I have faced several instances where my work was lifted and copied word to word, and posted on these websites. How do we deal with that!!

In my opinion, a vast majority of the 'writers' community has been requesting the Mods to bring this into effect for several years, but to no avail. I really hope someone pays heed to it atleast now
Edited by AeDilHaiMushkil - 7 years ago
Sarah_Jothi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
This is a wonderful effort! Thanks 
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Whats the protocol for reporting a writer who has put up two stories on the Ishqbaaz forum, passing off western (Not Fan fiction) published stories as her own by just changing the names to the characters of the soap? Its infuriating how this same person keeps resurfacing with new "prologues" for new story lines, and they (and her updates) are cut and pasted from other writers like Edna James. She truly, blatantly ignores all established rules for plagiarism. I feel a little bad because she's so needy on the forum, but honestly, its the second story she's done this with, and enough is enough.
aysemLDG thumbnail
Originally posted by: napstermonster

Whats the protocol for reporting a writer who has put up two stories on the Ishqbaaz forum, passing off western (Not Fan fiction) published stories as her own by just changing the names to the characters of the soap? Its infuriating how this same person keeps resurfacing with new "prologues" for new story lines, and they (and her updates) are cut and pasted from other writers like Edna James. She truly, blatantly ignores all established rules for plagiarism. I feel a little bad because she's so needy on the forum, but honestly, its the second story she's done this with, and enough is enough.

You can inform the original writer about it by sending screenshots. Once, I have done the same when a member of IF copied some parts of a published novel. I sent a message to the original writer both via Facebook and e-mail. And the writer replied to me saying that she had send the secreenshots to her lawyers to take a legal action against plagiarist. 
Sarah_Jothi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: aysemLDG

You can inform the original writer about it by sending screenshots. Once, I have done the same when a member of IF copied some parts of a published novel. I sent a message to the original writer both via Facebook and e-mail. And the writer replied to me saying that she had send the secreenshots to her lawyers to take a legal action against plagiarist. 

yes, this would be the right thing to do.. let the author know that her works is being stolen.
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Though the topic is locked for review I am posting this ff in this thread,  hoping someone would add it in the list. 
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4702523

Also why can't we have a warning level system for plagiarism when it exists for bashing/excessive criticism? When someone steal a work it's not only hurtful,  it's like a blow to the original author who may be on the other side of world,  purpose of writing just a way to let out her imagination run wild. He or she may have been just content in writing a small fanfic in nobody FD,  or planning to make it big.  Taking credit for other person's imagination and effort is ten time worse than actual swearing and bashing of members/celebrity.
aysemLDG thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Avengers.

Though the topic is locked for review I am posting this ff in this thread,  hoping someone would add it in the list. 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4702523

Also why can't we have a warning level system for plagiarism when it exists for bashing/excessive criticism? When someone steal a work it's not only hurtful,  it's like a blow to the original author who may be on the other side of world,  purpose of writing just a way to let out her imagination run wild. He or she may have been just content in writing a small fanfic in nobody FD,  or planning to make it big.  Taking credit for other person's imagination and effort is ten time worse than actual swearing and bashing of members/celebrity.

Warning level is not the right solution actually, all plagiarists should be banned from IF and sued by IF's legal team. But let alone being banned, sometimes these plagiarists can easily get away with it by just saying a mere sorry or pretending as if nothing happened. Sometimes readers also support those plagiarists in order to read stories for free. I also remember a Mod blamed the one who revealed a plagiarist by making it public on a thread, instead of blaming the plagiarist.

By the way, I still can see the thread which was supposed to be locked for review. I also informed the actual author and collected screenshots in case the plagiarist deletes it.