Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Poorva. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Thanks for such a Action... They have no right to steal others work..
Yagyaseni thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: aysemLDG

But for the justice, shouldn't all plagiarists of IF history be in this list. If the problem is supplying proof, then I can present the much needed proofs to you. No matter whom the plagiarist is, all of them should be in this list. I mean as a reader, I don't want to read any fan fictions of those who stole others' stories, even for once. I believe that every reader deserves to know whether the writer has plagiatised before, even though the writer accepted her/his crime and apologised openly. 

I support this! Every plagiarist needs to be exposed. Past, present or future, a crime is a crime.
Dark-Beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey thanks for taking this step
Crime should be punished
Btw I can suggest a few name too
Urvi.96 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Happy to see action against these criminals! Yes, for those who have plagiarized, you have committed a serious crime! IF should bring stricter rules for such members. So many beautiful stories have been pulled off of IF because some CHEAP people find it appropriate to steal others works and present it as their own. Good to see some action by the IF team to help protect writers. 
Aayeshaa_Nabi thumbnail
Originally posted by: .MereRangMein.

I support this! Every plagiarist needs to be exposed. Past, present or future, a crime is a crime.

agree crime is crime. Culprits should be punished
--Aishwarya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Really a very good step!!! It gives justice for the effort and hardwork of writers like us, who spent hours and hours to create new stories.

Well done!! 👏
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I don't know if it is a right place to ask such question or not, but as I don't know where else to ask, I am asking it here:- How does a writer gets to know if their stories are being subjected to Plagiarism? I have always been curious about it, but never understood how did the writer found out the site or wherever their story got posted? And what writers themselves can do to prevent their stories being copied in the first place? And how to come in action to stop the act before all the story is entirely stolen? 
Aayat23 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">I don't know if it is a right place to ask such question or not, but as I don't know where else to ask, I am asking it here:- How does a writer gets to know if their stories are being subjected toPlagiarism? Ihave always been curious about it, but never understood how did the writer found out the site or wherever their story got posted? And what writers themselves can do to prevent their stories being copied in the first place? And how to come in action to stop the act before all the story is entirely stolen?</font>

I am telling the way how does I found the stories are being subjected to plagiarism. Take upto maximum 32 words from the story you are reading and put it in google to search. If it is plagiarised it will lead you to original as well as copied version of same story. Don't forgot to omit character's name.
Plus it is more responsibility of readers to be more alert regarding this issue if they value what they read. As for writers they should get copyright for their work and more often should run security check by the way I mention above.
Recently I came across few people who outrightly stole more than 14 stories from different forums and took credit of that. Really disgusting mentality!
Anyway hope this will help!
A.Hajnal thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: muktai

I am telling the way how does I found the stories are being subjected to plagiarism. Take upto maximum 32 words from the story you are reading and put it in google to search. If it is plagiarized it will lead you to original as well as copied version of same story. Don't forgot to omit character's name.
Plus it is more responsibility of readers to be more alert regarding this issue if they value what they read. As for writers they should get copyright for their work and more often should run security check by the way I mention above.
Recently I came across few people who outrightly stole more than 14 stories from different forums and took credit of that. Really disgusting mentality!
Anyway hope this will help!

Thank you so much for replying! 😳

Oh, thank for letting me know...I will try that...!!! 

By writers getting the copyright you mean them writing in the post themselves, something like:- 'Copyright - All rights reserved to IF member, xyz, Do not copy and/or post any part/sections of this fiction on any other forums or use it anywhere at all without permission. Contact xyz for any queries via PM'

You mean officially getting copyright from some website specialized on the matter?
Dark-Beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: A.Hajnal

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Thank you so much for replying!😳</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">Oh, thank for letting me know...I will try that...!!!</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">By writers getting thecopyright you mean them writing in the post themselves, something like:-'Copyright - All rights reserved to IF member, xyz, Do not copy and/or post any part/sections of this fiction on any other forums or use it anywhere at all without permission. Contact xyz for any queries via PM'</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2">You mean officially getting copyright from some website specializedon the matter?</font>

Hey
Yes copyright it from www. Copyright.com and post the stamp above your post.