KJo/SRK movie type of emotions in the show

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
I don't watch any serial these days and miss the old K serials which had a story  people could connect to and feel for the characters.
But I started watching two shows last week, Kuch Rang and Ek Duje, and although I felt bored and ditched the latter in pretty much the first two episodes, I'm really loving this show.
I can incredibly relate almost 100% to the son's emotions/care for his mother and can feel the same emotions that great movies like Kal Ho Na Ho, K3G, KKHH or epic serials like KSBKBT used to make us feel.

The narrative is very simple and predictable, but because the emotional quotient seems really high in this one, I feel this serial has a LOT of potential. Whereas all the other serials these days are stuffed with regular and unreal never-ending family dramas, mythological folklores, senseless comedy and all that. 

Not to forget the great acting of Supriya and also, Shaheer, whose eyes speak so much.

Does anyone else feel the same? 

P.S. Hoping the creatives never bring in side-stories to ruin the central plot here like in other serials, and concentrate on the mother-son-girlfriend and the aloof daughter at most. I remember how they ruined and axed Ram Kapoor's serial last year (where the emotional quotient was also very high) due to lack of proper direction/storyline.

Edited by cl0wn - 8 years ago