I had to Google Shaheer Sheikh: Erica Fernandes - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago

The word mesmerizing fits Erica Fernandes to a T. She is saucy, sexy and charming. The actress, a household name in the South industry courtesy her hit films Vizhithiru (Tamil), Ninnindale (Kannada) and Ainthu Ainthu Ainthu(555 - Tamil), is all set to spread her wings on television with Sony Entertainment Television's Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi. 

Tellychakkar.com caught hold of the actress for a quick chat. Excerpts:

Why did you select Kuch Rang...as your debut vehicle on TV?

I didn't want to debut on the small screen with super natural drama. I believe that if you do such shows, then you get type-cast. If you are doing saas bahu, then you will keep getting offers for such shows only, that's why I chose this one. It's very realistic and relatable. Though saas bahu dramas are doing well, I can't relate to them... I mean, who goes to sleep in heavy jewelry? Who would want to watch those shows anyway! I used to watch Sony TV'sParvarrish and Pyar Ko Ho Jaane Do as I could relate to those shows.

With Sony TV's TRP charts falling, why did you select it for your debut show?

Sony was big once and are still in the top five. Now they are trying to make changes with different shows. I hope that these shows do well for Sony TV.

How was your experience working with Shaheer (Sheikh)?

I have only done a few scenes with Shaheer till now and they have been quite good. I have not watched Shaheer's shows. In fact, I had to Google him when I was told that he was playing the lead. 

How do you see the comparison between the South Indian industry and Bollywood?

South is too loud because the audiences like it that way. When it comes to story line, they are too conservative and orthodox so you can't experiment much. While you can do that in Bollywood.

What about your Bollywood aspirations?

I am not in a hurry. I'll do it. It will go in a flow.

Why did you choose TV over movies?

I wanted to do TV. I wanted to try everything- being an actor, model, ramp, print shoots, TV commercial, and so on. Since I had already done movies, I chose to go with TV.

Which actors would you like to work with?

I don't have any favourites. What matters is the character that I get to play and wow much I love it. The co-star doesn't matter, but bonding, connection and understanding onscreen. I don't need to be paired with Amitabh Bachchan or Shah Rukh Khan to show my chemistry.

You love cooking, so have you ever cooked to impress anyone?

I have not cooked for anyone. I cook at home, whenever I have a break. Cooking de-stresses me. I cook food to take along the sets too... I love home food.

Are you dating anyone?

No, I am single. Why do you think I was shooting on Valentine's Day? (Laughs).

Lastly, what qualities are you looking for in your ideal man?

His mannerism, personality and the way he treats women. But I think you can fall for anybody as love is blind. But these qualities would definitely add as brownie points!

Lol she had to google about him ! So probably she didn't know quite much than south movies ðŸ˜†
And it's good she choose TV . Cause there was no guarantee that she would have a great start in Bollywood but if she carries on from television then she will improve his skills cause most of the times it kinda like forced and she will defiantly get a good movie. ðŸ˜ƒ
LOL I had to google him too. I actually had to google her as well ðŸ˜† 

She's actually not a bad actress. She was really great in the promos. I think she does overdo it at times when it comes to the bubbly girl act. But other wise, she's pretty good. Her voice definitely helps her, I like hearing her speak! 
TFS! It was a lovely interview. Wonder what she reads out Shaheer in Google. I'll Google Shah today to find out
What impresses about Erica is that she has a natural vivacity about her.I'm surprised to find that I'm already her fan. Best of luck to her.
Thanks for sharing the article.
Thanks for sharing!
😆 Her googling Shaheer is quite funny.. hope to see some good chemistry onscreen between these two!
tfs.
Waiting to see their chemistry