Poll Question :

Who do you think is a better mother?

Poll Choice
Ishwari
Neha
Login To Vote
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi,
I know Neha is not a mother yet but she has already raised her two younger sisters like a mom..

If Dev is the result of Ishwari's upbringing and the younger sisters are the result of Neha's upbringing..I definitely feel that Neha has done a much better job at being a mom than Ishwari..

Neha repents her life for being stuck in the circle of sacrifices but she never let that burden fall on the other two younger sisters who she still cares and loves...

Ishwari,on the other hand, put the burden of her life on Dev and Neha's shoulders...

And the younger sisters seem faar more normal than Dev and Neha...
So I fell Neha is a better mother than Ishwari,..

Also, now that she knows she wont be able to justice motherhood because of her past, she has made it clear that she doesnt want kids unlike Ishwari who gave birth to 4 children even when she was not able to support even two...
Originally posted by MJHTMonayaSajan

Hi,
I know Neha is not a mother yet but she has already raised her two younger sisters like a mom..

If Dev is the result of Ishwari's upbringing and the younger sisters are the result of Neha's upbringing..I definitely feel that Neha has done a much better job at being a mom than Ishwari..

Neha repents her life for being stuck in the circle of sacrifices but she never let that burden fall on the other two younger sisters who she still cares and loves...

Ishwari,on the other hand, put the burden of her life on Dev and Neha's shoulders...

Also, now that she knows she wont be able to justice motherhood because of her past, she has made it clear that she doesnt want kids unlike Ishwari who gave birth to 4 children even when she was not able to support even two...

Hi, you've made some few fair points but I'll have to disagree with some. Ishwari gave birth to four children not knowing she was going to have a turbulent future. So you can't blame her for that. And besides they have shown a few situations where she was kicked out of the house in the middle of the night with no support whatsoever with four children. So she never had a choice but to work for them.

I agree Ishwari is somewhat possessive and has an abnormal attachment towards her son. But circumstances made her so. Neha is right in her own way but you really can't blame Ishwari. Her life wasn't easy, she did what any mother would have done. She worked and left her kids in the aid of her oldest daughter whom she trusted to do a good job in taking care of her sinlings. She said it herself, Dev was the oldest and the smartest, can you blame her for having hopes that her son would help them out of the times they were in? She's human after all. Yes she neglected her daughters, but I'm sure if she were given any other choice she wouldn't have done it.

And no mother resents looking after her children. If you call Neha a mother then all she's done since episode one was to complain about how she had to take care of her younger siblings. So yeah, a brilliant, wonderful, understanding, capable and loving older sister she is. But a good mother, she isnt as well. 

Voted for Neha
I feel since she herself has suffered a lot in childhood, whatsoever be the reason, she will definitely make sure that it doesn't happen with her children anyway

I agree this is contradicting the second episode but still

She will prove herself when the time comes😊
Edited by Artist_Forever - 8 years ago
It's ishwari. She raised 4 children with out any support. She worked hard to get food and shelter to her children and want to give good life so she gets hope from Dev If she gives him good education then he will support her and his sisters. Is it her fault that her husband died and left with 4 children she didn't leave her remain children to Neha to raise and she was enjoying her life. She leave them to her because she is working hard to give them food and shelter. If eshwari send Neha good school give her proper education did you think she would support her sisters and mother. And I don't think Neha is good mother at least she is not a good sister always complaining how she sacrifice her life.
Originally posted by sanayabarunlove

Hi, you've made some few fair points but I'll have to disagree with some. Ishwari gave birth to four children not knowing she was going to have a turbulent future. So you can't blame her for that. And besides they have shown a few situations where she was kicked out of the house in the middle of the night with no support whatsoever with four children. So she never had a choice but to work for them.

I agree Ishwari is somewhat possessive and has an abnormal attachment towards her son. But circumstances made her so. Neha is right in her own way but you really can't blame Ishwari. Her life wasn't easy, she did what any mother would have done. She worked and left her kids in the aid of her oldest daughter whom she trusted to do a good job in taking care of her sinlings. She said it herself, Dev was the oldest and the smartest, can you blame her for having hopes that her son would help them out of the times they were in? She's human after all. Yes she neglected her daughters, but I'm sure if she were given any other choice she wouldn't have done it.

And no mother resents looking after her children. If you call Neha a mother then all she's done since episode one was to complain about how she had to take care of her younger siblings. So yeah, a brilliant, wonderful, understanding, capable and loving older sister she is. But a good mother, she isnt as well.

fair points well said agree with you. It's not eshwari fault that she don't have money and working to get them food.
Originally posted by MJHTMonayaSajan

Hi,

Ishawri may be a good mother but to Dev not to Neha and other two ggirls. That is problem with indians how Ishwari knows only dev is intel;ligent and shall get good job as adult? Why neha or other other two cannot? Its a patriachial society attitude where son gets first preference over others. 

Yes Ishwari worked to take care of other 4, but about dreams she only allowed Dev to fulfill his dreams of studying and working. Why same opportunity not given to Neha -ok Ishwari has no money to send her to good school like Dev fine send her to a free school government school. 

The message goes out that sons dream come first, daughters who cares just follow parents orders and frget your dreams and career and life. In todays world every girl will dream of atleast doing a degree, why neha not allowed to go to school? 

Why 9 year old asked to take care of house work and 2 small siblings and pulled out of school? Is that 9 year old not a child? not a human? Does that kid have no dreams to go to school to play with her own age classmates to go up in life? Now who will marry her if they know she is 4th std pass? Will any man in tosdays time marry 4th std pass in city that too educated guuy he wants minimum degree atleast? Will that man who marry her(mostly seeing her brothers wealth and status) and her own children respect her, listen to her, they will say you are illetrtae do not preach us. That is truth of life. 

And if neha husband dies like ishwari neha has to do maid job to take care of her kids or what? How long Devs wife will allow him to take care of Neha and her kids? Once Dev marries a girl and has kids what is gaurantee he will not abondon his sisters? That is practicality, in todays world especially in city how many brothers take care of widow sisters and kids hardly anyone. And even if they take care they and their wife shall treat them badly inside house(outside in public all act goody goody) Society has changed all have to take care of themselves and their kids. Neha is in trouble if something happen to husband. Because Ishwari could not teach her. Ok now you will say all business man are not educated, that is rare case 0.001% not educated but successful in these times. And Neha is a girl society harsh on girls will try and take advantage if she goes for small jobs like maid etc. So think of her future too?

I mean why do we educate a child girl or boy so if tommorow they have some issue they do not depend on others and stand on own feet and not beg anyone. 

Eshwari could afford to make Dev an Be or MBA etc but cannot afford to send Neha to school and help her complete SSLC what logic is this? 
She just wanted a maid to stay back and baby sit her daughters and do house hold works and could not afford a maid so made Neha do it. I do not respect such mother. In todays time maids will work 10 houses so their sons and daughters study, just look in surrounding do not your area maid send her daughter to school? Will they send only son(few many but rare)? Most will do anything to get their children education. A mother cannot decide this one is intelligent and big so he go to school, this one is younger and girl so sit and baby sit sisters and do house work. I shall never respect such a woman sorry. This is 10th century attitude. 

In todays time sons mostly abondon parents to their fate its daughters who care for parents in old age especially educated and in cities. So will ishwari one day regret teaching dev and not neha? for one day i can forsee ishawri out of devs life as she is possessive and has big ego and todays bahus shall not take her nakras and will chuck them out at first go and then it shall be neha who gives her shelter and care. I have seen many family's where daughters have not been educated as well, treated as well yet in old age when sons refuse to take care its these very daughters will leave aside any anger and tend their parents in old age. I think this may end us similar case finally. 

I think Neha is a great human whether mother, sister or daughter. No human will sacrifice their life and dreams and career for sibling, neha did it she must be treated with respect and gratitude(which i do not see in ishwari and dev). Give her time its a big gangrene would in her heart takes time to heal and forgive. Will you forgive if your parents do whaat Ishwari did to neha? Easy to preach, hard if you are in Nehas position. 
Ishwari became god for Dev, but its actually Neha whom he must thank if not he would be in house taking care of younger siblings. Usually a elder sibling goes to work etc and youngers study in real world, here its reverse because elder is son. What if neha or other sisters were boys would Ishwari not send them to school. Will she say Dev studied enough? No she would say my younger son must not remain illiterate what about his future his life and rush to get him admitted to school college etc But i do not see Ishwari and Dev having any gratitude to Neha, they are mutual administration society and cannot see beyond each other. First you destroy your life for 3 siblings and mom and they act so badly with you, you will obivously start hating them angry with them. Neha is reacting very less compared to what she underwent actually. World only praising Dev Dev Dev  Ishwari Ishwari no one can see Neha sacrifice?

Edited by myviewprem - 8 years ago
Guys I really dont get why Saloni cant marry Dev. I mean obviously the leads will be Dev and Sonakshi but I dont understand why Ishwari isnt ready to get Dev married. In all honesty, marrying Dev to Saloni is wise cause Neha's inlaws wont illtreat her. Its okay if Dev himself rejects Saloni maybe cause he's not interested but Ishwari being manipulative? Some funny business I swear!
Originally posted by AngelsFlyAlone

Guys I really dont get why Saloni cant marry Dev. I mean obviously the leads will be Dev and Sonakshi but I dont understand why Ishwari isnt ready to get Dev married. In all honesty, marrying Dev to Saloni is wise cause Neha's inlaws wont illtreat her. Its okay if Dev himself rejects Saloni maybe cause he's not interested but Ishwari being manipulative? Some funny business I swear!

Consent. Anywhere marriage needs consent