Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@naq you are right. Only to very analytical minds Neha's dilemma can be caught and can be understood that Neha is not selfish. Otherwise in Ishwari's sweetness, only Neha's bitterness stands out.
Violet_orchid thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
They have glorified ishwari's character from dev's point of view..according to him his mother sacrificed to make him successful,to give him education..but there is another side to the coin and that is Neha..the neglected second best child who was forced to grow up before her age to take care of her lil sisters. So according to her the mother took away her childhood to make her brother successful.. The bitterness n anger she has for her brother and mother is well justified..ishwari's character is also multifaceted where she had to chose between her children and she chose the son as she saw it to be the best investment.
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I was not planning to watch this story but what attracted me was the elder sisters story. 
In many indian house holds this is truth that one child especially son gets prominence over others(say girls mostly). This leads to all sorts of issues in later life. 

Take case of elder sister here - she could not study much as Devs career was focus. I can so well see reflection of so many peoples life here who are forced to sacrifice their dreams for their siblings. 

Further she had to take care of her younger sisters - baby sit them as well as may be do all house hold job as a child.

And now she is being forced to marry (i guess as she is not in love with groom) as she says mother and brother want one burden less in house. 

Now Dev is successful and so the other two sisters shall study well but what about the elder one?

But this is story of many girls in this country not only a few. 

I do not find ishwari so great as Dev makes her, i think the elder sister is greaat she sacrificed her career her future for family. Would Dev do that? never would her younger sisters do that never? So how come she is bad in eyes of ishwari and Dev. 

You cannot keep forcing your dictates and views on one human always that is elder sister here. Whether studies, taking car of siblings, house hold work or career and marriage she was not asked her wish just forced down her throat no wonder she is bitter

Now this elder sister is so scared that her life will agian be spent taking care of in laws and her kids that she refuses both now. Because she has been a mother to her two sisters, she has been the house wife(daughter) of her family for 25-28 years whatever her age. She is tired of doing that. She is scared to trust her family(new) as her old one has treated her for granted. And also no gratitude(from Dev, ishwari or two sisters) for what she has sacrificed for them? So why will she again sacrifice for husband and kids etc? She is scared her husband, kids, in laws will use her like her mother and siblings and not be greatful too. 

Edited by myviewprem - 8 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i agree even i dont find ishwari so great as dev makes her out to be. well if she had educated all her children i would have said yes'dev feel indebted to her ' but here neha being his younger sister has sacrificed so much for her siblings & there is no feeling of indebtedness. on the contrary ishwari blames her by telling she has no sanskaar. and dev understanding how much his sister is hating her own life dosnt even make his mother see that her daughter is broken not asansksari. 
even me attracted to the dynamics between dev & neha. other wise i find this "meri maa bhagwan hai too annoying" ðŸ¤¢ and boring
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@prem and @naq I agree to you, the moment Neha's life was out, Ishwari went down in my eyes too 
MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Well said...
Not just Neha but Dev has also leared to make deals from Ishwari...
What was he thinking when he offered 30% instead of a kid?? Thats the most stupid thing I have ever heard and surely going to cause trouble in the future
Luvkrsna thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I agree Wid u. I rather wished dat dev would make sameer understand her dat her sister wants to be cared,loved n respected to get over past.His lov might sothe her n relieve of d harsh past memories.After 4-5 yrs of a happy marriage she would herself volenter for his wish as to an extend she would start looking postive side of life.It would take sameer's love n care for neha to giv in to his wish happily.Rather dan making a monetary deal.