A slow start to a predictable plot!

Posted: 8 years ago
Don't get me wrong folks, I have to give it to Shaheer and Suchitra for their convincing performances...but too many characters and a predictable plot of obvious negatives and grey really took away the charm for me. Erica was too forced in her act of playing a bubbly young girl...it is a bit disappointing for all the hype created!!
Is this show akin to Qubool Hai? I mean, in one of the extended promos, they've literally copied the dialogues from Asya's first encounter. 
Originally posted by .Veritaserum

Is this show akin to Qubool Hai? I mean, in one of the extended promos, they've literally copied the dialogues from Asya's first encounter. 

exactly my reaction ! i watched the precap and was like omg ! they copied asad-zoya's first takkar and bickering !
Asad : Aapko chalney ki tameez nehi hai toh ghar par kyu nehi rehti !
Zoya : aapko baat karney ki tameez nehi hai toh khamosh kyu nehi rehti !😲

is this from same production house ?
No it's not from same p h.  This made by beyond dreams who made Veera.  Sad haq and a lot more.  What's strange is I said I wouldn't watch any ther show of theirs but for Shaheer I am trying it out.  Maybe the writer is a old fan but of qubool hai which I watched until season 1 endedEdited by Smileyfatemah - 8 years ago
Too many characters are honestly taking away the charm! There was no need of mama-mami and horde of cousins! Neha would have been suffice...the character of Dev is well written and well played but I do not hold same opinion for the others!
Originally posted by milinda.shreyz

exactly my reaction ! i watched the precap and was like omg ! they copied asad-zoya's first takkar and bickering !
Asad : Aapko chalney ki tameez nehi hai toh ghar par kyu nehi rehti !
Zoya : aapko baat karney ki tameez nehi hai toh khamosh kyu nehi rehti !😲

is this from same production house ?

Yes my reaction was also the same..I mean wth. .They copied D dialogues without any changes..
I agree.

I thought yesterday's episode was very average, but today's was much better.

It is Shaheer's character and his acting which has me hooked to this show right now. Despite his character being written as a typical TV adarsh beta, he is breathing life into it and making him likable (for now). I think Shaheer brings a lot of depth to his character without making him one-dimensional.

I hope the conflict between his love for his mother and Sonakshi is not one-dimensional or black and white. It should be real and believable, if this show is to standout from the scores of shows made on mamma's boys on TV.

I actually liked Dev and Neha's bond. Has shades to it. Can be interesting to watch. I can relate to their relationship, unlike say, Dev's relationship with his mother.

Coming to Sonakshi, she is a typical bubbly, forthright TV lead. Nothing special about her. I liked their meeting 'cause it was usual romantic fare, but they had good chemistry. We'll have to wait and watch if she can match up to Shaheer because it doesn't seem like it right now.

I started watching this show because I was attracted by what they called a 'realistic' love story, so I hope we get to see that. My fave moment of theirs was the phone conversation where she thinks he has hung up and he says, "Haan, sun raha hoon". Something about that moment was so honest and fresh.

Anyway, I do think I will enjoy this couple, so I hope this show doesn't devolve into saas-bahu crap like other channels' shows. Sony, don't disappoint us.
Originally posted by clarity

I agree.

I thought yesterday's episode was very average, but today's was much better.

It is Shaheer's character and his acting which has me hooked to this show right now. Despite his character being written as a typical TV adarsh beta, he is breathing life into it and making him likable (for now). I think Shaheer brings a lot of depth to his character without making him one-dimensional.

Yes indeed! Shaheer is breathing life into his character and so is Supriya...they both look very relatable especially when the devotion angle has been hyped more than anything else. The opening episode was too average, a biz tycoon, kitchen politics and a too forced bubbly girl. The second episode too wasn't very stellar! It could have been way better!

I hope the conflict between his love for his mother and Sonakshi is not one-dimensional or black and white. It should be real and believable, if this show is to standout from the scores of shows made on mamma's boys on TV. 

The makers have been highlighting the insecurity issue and I have no hope that it will not tread the saas-bahu crap!

I actually liked Dev and Neha's bond. Has shades to it. Can be interesting to watch. I can relate to their relationship, unlike say, Dev's relationship with his mother.

Neha was a welcome change, but there was no need of Riya, Priya...mama or mami! It could have been kept to Dev, Neha and their mother.

Coming to Sonakshi, she is a typical bubbly, forthright TV lead. Nothing special about her. I liked their meeting 'cause it was usual romantic fare, but they had good chemistry. We'll have to wait and watch if she can match up to Shaheer because it doesn't seem like it right now.

I am sick and tired of women such as these...no one is that bubbly or grins like an idiot every ten minutes. I really dd not like the girl too much she is very drab, but will wait to see if she indeed improves!

I started watching this show because I was attracted by what they called a 'realistic' love story, so I hope we get to see that. My fave moment of theirs was the phone conversation where she thinks he has hung up and he says, "Haan, sun raha hoon". Something about that moment was so honest and fresh. 

The promos were indeed eye catching and refreshing but the series still is routing for a love-hate angle. I wish it weren't so, it would have been more realistic if Dev and Sonakshi met in clutter-free setting of the hospital. Besides isn't that how you meet doctors anyway?

Anyway, I do think I will enjoy this couple, so I hope this show doesn't devolve into saas-bahu crap like other channels' shows. Sony, don't disappoint us. 

It is refreshing both in presentation and characters at least so far, lets see how things unfold for I keep zero expectations from Indian soaps...they end up adding all masala that is available!
@MeSelf- Oh yeah, totally forgot she is a doctor. ðŸ˜† Again, even I'm irritated with these batteesi-flaunting heroines. Bubbly does not mean irritating. When will Indian TV learn that?

I only have some hope from this show 'cause the channel is Sony, otherwise if it was on Star or Colors I would have run away from it. You're right though, I'm also going in with low expectations.

What did you think of today's episode?
Originally posted by clarity

@MeSelf- Oh yeah, totally forgot she is a doctor. ðŸ˜† Again, even I'm irritated with these batteesi-flaunting heroines. Bubbly does not mean irritating. When will Indian TV learn that?

I only have some hope from this show 'cause the channel is Sony, otherwise if it was on Star or Colors I would have run away from it. You're right though, I'm also going in with low expectations.

What did you think of today's episode?

I don't know about others but I have usually met doctors in hospitals only!😆 And man these batteesi-flaunting typical leads of our Indian soaps...I feel like getting in my TV sets and breaking their batteesi!!!

Today's episode was another average one...I mean that entire Neha angle could have been dealt with in a better manner...there was no need to make such an issue, it could have been dealt with privately between Neha and her fiance without the involvement of Dev! Also is it me or that mami is downright irritating??