Rangrasiya

Calling Out to All Fans

Oyster thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi Everyone

It's been more than an year since I last logged in so a lot must have changed. This is the only forum I knew as 'home' so it's natural that this would be the first place I'd come to. I earnestly hope that all the lovely people I knew are still here :)</font>

I had a tough time because dad was diagnosed with cancer so you can imagine how things change in life. I had to quit work to be by his side. Things are settling down again in my life so I could 'return' to the things and people I cherished.

But obviously an experience like this affects your mindset quite a lot. Rangrasiya was literally the last show that I watched. The only other thing I tried to catch up was online episodes of JDJ when Sanaya became a participant.

In my spare time I try to help humanitarian aid organizations. IHCRO - International Humanitarian Care and Relief Organization - is the one I'm involved with most at the moment. I am sure most of you would know about the crisis in Syria. 470,000+ civilians are killed in the war thus far and millions are displaced. One of the projects of IHCRO is to provide care for the widows and orphans. We need to promote that project on social media. The organizer wants us to create posters and I have zero creative skills in poster-making. So I felt a bit useless but then I remembered the super awesome siggy-makers here on IF. Ragz, are you still here? I hope you are :)

So this is when I thought of trying to put a request over here. You guys do a lot of work to create those beautiful siggies to express your love and affection for your fav celebrities. Would you be willing to do the same if I told you that you could use your skills to save the lives of real children and women? I can provide the pictures and the text. So if anyone's interested, please send me a PM or leave a message on this forum.

For those interested, here's the website of the organization:
http://www.ihcro.org/</font>
Many Thanks,
Sonya.
Edited by Oyster - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xMIC.Dropx thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Please check your inbox :)

SpellofJoy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Welcome back Sonya
Check your pm πŸ˜Š
Puma18 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hey Oyster hope your dad is doing fine. Have faith. 
lovyouall thumbnail
Hope your dad recovery is quick and bounces back to normal life.Be strong 
Guinea thumbnail
Sonia ...wonderful to see you again . I so remember your beautiful posts on Sanaya ...
It must have been a super tough year for you . I hope and pray that your dad is much better now and your family in a better place . 
I cannot make any edits to save my life but sincerely hope that you have had such good work submitted . 

Take care and do drop in whenever you can . πŸ˜Š

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Hey Sonya, hope your dad is doing better now. 
I have put the word out on FB, hope it spreads. 
Navyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
All the best for your dad's speedy recovery...hope,wish and pray that everything goes well...my dad just got back from the hospital so I know the feeling.
Making edits is rocket science to me πŸ˜­ .
Zeffy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hi Sonya, 
It is nice to see you here, our wishes and prayers will always be there with you. Wish your dad an even speedy recovery. πŸ˜Š

Making edits - I think you could get in touch with the AT thread creators, (if you know any), they would definitely be of better help, might know the right people too who can contribute much more. 

kbtr thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Kudos to you Sonya.πŸ‘
I have been working with The Agakhan Foundation, Canada,  and Focus Canada, in doing the same (but not just refugees, but anyone needing aid, and not just displacement, but also settlement and education...) 
I started as a kid (I was 8 yrs when I first took part in the Partnership Walk Agakhan through my school...)  and have been with them for more than 10 years. All proceeds 100% go directly to funding, as the entire organization is run by volunteers all over the globe.

I pray for you and your family, for strength and courage.
Ciao, SophiaπŸ˜ƒ