Kishore Kumar Biopic; Who can play Kishore?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Who can play ideal Kishore Da?

Poll Choice
Ranbir Kapoor
Ranveer Singh
Varun Dhawan
Kapil Sharma
Amir Khan
Salman Khan
Sharukh Khan
Login To Vote
Posted: 8 years ago
With biopics reigning (or raining ðŸ˜•), I am not literally looking forward for another Biopic. But Kishore Da's real character is so colourful, made for a Bollywood movie ðŸ˜†. Somehow it was difficult to visualise Ranbir or any other serious actor as him. (Recently I heard, Amir is interested in it).  
To me, his eccentric nature can best depicted by either by Sallu or Kapil. His antics (when not being paid by the producers or competing with his own son and finishing his career); so easy to visualise with them. If at all it is done, it should be served as a comedy. Not as a serious movie.

Who do you think suits best for Kishore? 

Just a song by him, where he played female character and sung in both male and female voice. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJwOzpW3k7g
Kapil sharma is good. But he is good only for stand up comedian and as a host. He is not an actor at par to play such big roles, may be in next few years he becomes good.
I wud prefer Ranbir Kapoor- He has done awesome Job in Rockstar to depict every emotion. Kishore Kumar's biopic can't be comedy. While what he did on screen were mostly Romantic and comic roles, his off screen personality was grey and can't be depicted as comedy. 
A biopic which is very truthful from the beginning to end, only becomes a documentary. Usually a director picks the part, which will be liked by the audience and highlights it. I felt, choosing comedy genre will suit this movie, as most of the biopics are serious.

I am not sure, how far they can portray a popular man in dark colour. Easy, if it is about an underworld person like Dawood. You can show them in shades. But others (be it Sanjay Dutt, Azhar or Dhoni), they don't let a biopic showing them as tainted or traitors. Masking any misdeed and blaming it on circumstance or situation will make it look like an opportunistic and dishonest movie. 

In Kishore's case, if they present him as a eccentric (which he was, read wiki), his actions get a comical justification. 
Edited by flipfl0p - 8 years ago
From young ones for sure Varun.
We always see Ranbir & Ranveer getting all period films & biopics. For once I want Varun in some biopic for a change 
the way kishore da was, both ranbir n ranveer can play it well... he was a hyper guy, always joking around