Comedy Nights Live

Krushna Abhishek REACTS to the failure of his first episode of CNL !

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago

Krushna Abhishek reveals a lot on replacing Kapil Sharma on his show..
The first episode of Comedy Nights Live that has replaced Comedy Nights With Kapil has got a thumbs down from viewers and critics alike. Krushna Abhishek who has taken Kapil's place in the show has been panned. Here the stand-up comedian defends himself and his show unflinchingly and promises to do better.

The reviews to your first episode are not flattering. Did you expect this?

Definitely. I was expecting bad reviews. This was Kapil's (Sharma) show and we came on air just a week after his ended. This happens with every new show. When we were planning Comedy Nights Bachao, everybody told us Roast jaise shows India mein nahi chalte. I was told Tumhare show mein Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone nahi ayenge. This will be a flop show'. Kapil had also told me that. But today Comedy Nights Bachao is one of the top-rated shows. Production houses are calling me to say so and so actors will be coming on your show. Today people want entertainment. If not me somebody else will do it. For two months log gaaliyan denge... Gradually, we want to increase audience interaction. It's a learning process. Bahut saara baggage leke kar raha hoon. Kapil has his own fan following, even I am one. Main uske joote mein chal raha hoon, so people will be angry. But memory is short. No actor is god. Mihir Virani died in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi but producer Ekta Kapoor continues making shows.

How involved are you in the creative lines and gags?

I am totally involved. Three days before the shoot I sit on the creatives with the team for both the Comedy Nights' shows. Everybody does that, even Kapil does it. I don't go on the sets like an actor, take the script and start delivering the lines. I plan the characters and at times do things impromptu.

You had several drag acts in the episode. Hasn't it been done to death?

We are still learning. You have pointed this out. Some people have told me that I should purely be hosting the show and not play characters. But if I have to be different from Kapil I should play characters because he didn't. As the episodes progress we will see which characters are being liked by people " Siddharth's, Sudeshji and bua " and make it better.

What happens to Comedy Nights Bachao now that Bharti Singh and you are here?

We will do both. Bachao will be pure roast and here we will do masti. Lekin main pareshan ho gaya hoon. Both Bharti and I don't have time. We are shooting or prepping for either of the shows through the week. Haalat kharaab hai. But it's a golden period for me. I am the face, the hero of two primetime shows on a top channel. I may be getting tired but I am enjoying it.

Do you think Mika Singh is the right person to replace Navjot Singh Sidhu? Because they are both Sikhs?

Mika is a very good friend and I share a great rapport with him. He is a musician and brings in the youth factor. Uper se Punjabi banda hai like Sidhuji. We wanted a Punjabi guy only. Also, Mika understands humour and being a singer we get to have a music item too. Completely different from Sidhuji.
What about Bharti? Is she a replacement for Kiku Sharda because they are both the same size?

Yes, dono mein bhaaripan hai. That tempo is there and Bharti dances too. Kiku ladki banta tha aur Bharti ladka toh they are more or less in the same space.
How about getting your beau Kashmera Shah to play your wife in the show?

(Laughs) Nahi woh ghar mein theek hai.

You keep making fun of her in Comedy Bachao...

Yes, and she enjoys it a lot. I will bring her on this show and band bajaonga (laughs).

The Saroj Khan act has been done so many times before by Kiku Sharda. Why did you bring that back?

When Kiku did the Saroj act sporting a big butt Sarojji was offended. She had told me also. Humne usko thoda sophisticated kiya " we did not touch upon the physicality. The reason we did it was because Madhuri Dixit has a connect with her. She also gave a go ahead. As far as Kiku is concerned his acts were mind-blowing. But most of the gags he and the team performed on the show have already been done by me in Comedy Circus. If you see my videos from the show that was aired seven-eight years ago you'll find them. It's just that when they did it in a different space people liked them.
What was the reason for having Madhuri Dixit Nene in the first episode?

We had several discussions on who should be the first guest. This show has a family audience and Madhuri is a legendary heroine who has a fan in every household. She has stardom and at the same time is parivaarik. She was the best one for the first episode. The second one will have Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur and Abhishek Kapoor. Bachao mein roast karenge yahan pe izzat denge (smiles).You said Kapil was being insecure when he ended the show. Why?

Comedy Nights Bachao was the reason Kapil ended his show. Mujhe koi shauk nahi tha uska show karne mein. Kapil should have been here doing his show on the Sunday slot. Hamare saath fight karna chahiye tha. I wanted Bachao to get more ratings than Kapil's show and we got it. Only when two shows are good there is competition. Maza tab aata hai jab ek side mein Dabangg ho aur doosri side mein Singham. Dono mein dum hai. Par Kapil chala gaya aur samaan chhod gaya!
Edited by palakluvsabhiya - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I never liked this guy nor his humour. Not saying he's a bad dude or something but there's something off about him 
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
I don't know why people are blaming him for Kapil leaving the show. I remember reading somewhere that people were literally bored of Kapil's repetitive jokes and what not.. Now since he's left his show [because he was scared of competition] everyone is blaming Krushna!
I'm not a fan of Krushna.. but that's so unfair with him I think! Kapil was throwing alot of tantrums when his movie was declared a box office hit. He even told Colors to turn CNWK bi-weekly to which Colors declined.

stardom uske sar chadgaya tha! now he's just trying gaining sympathy!
nobody can replace someone but one can create his new place with time. It's natural audience is not liking him for now.. but they will adjust with time!
Edited by Sano88 - 8 years ago
karan-007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
As far as Kiku is concerned his acts were mind-blowing. But most of the gags he and the team performed on the show have already been done by me in Comedy Circus. If you see my videos from the show that was aired seven-eight years ago you'll find them. It's just that when they did it in a different space people liked them.
Stop sounding arrogant Krushna 
Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: karan-007

As far as Kiku is concerned his acts were mind-blowing. But most of the gags he and the team performed on the show have already been done by me in Comedy Circus. If you see my videos from the show that was aired seven-eight years ago you'll find them. It's just that when they did it in a different space people liked them.

Stop sounding arrogant Krushna

He is being rude 😕
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Krushna is really coming across as a loser in all this by sprouting against Kapil and CNWK. you should try to pull yourself up.. not put someone down... kapil is coming across as a better person by not reacting to the nonsense
karan-007 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Sano88

I don't know why people are blaming him for Kapil leaving the show. I remember reading somewhere that people were literally bored of Kapil's repetitive jokes and what not.. Now since he's left his show [because he was scared of competition] everyone is blaming Krushna!
I'm not a fan of Krushna.. but that's so unfair with him I think! Kapil was throwing alot of tantrums when his movie was declared a box office hit. He even told Colors to turn CNWK bi-weekly to which Colors declined.

stardom uske sar chadgaya tha! now he's just trying gaining sympathy!
nobody can replace someone but one can create his new place with time. It's natural audience is not liking him for now.. but they will adjust with time!

people r not blaming him for that but r saying y he is trying to potray himself as a great actor n Kapil hasn't left bcoz he was scared  of competition kyunki agar waisa hota phir wo competition mein bahut pehle hissa nahi leta in comedy show he won it that proves kapil isn't scared of competition n Krushna is saying lot of things which isn't needed n that is making him sound so arrogant 
-MariaMars- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: yamyam

Krushna is really coming across as a loser in all this by sprouting against Kapil and CNWK. you should try to pull yourself up.. not put someone down... kapil is coming across as a better person by not reacting to the nonsense

This...👍🏼

In this issue i tht both kapil n channel were to be blamed equally.. They had their differences n split.. Fine.. But this krushna is coming across as a big time loser... Seen him taunting, making sarcastic comments about Kapil on the show too.. The first promo of the show with madhuri also was something like i won't sit in the chair, let the trp come, then i will sit on it🥱  and the promo with ekta too, was showing BKT n was mocking Kapil's show...He has been constantly trying to put Kapil down🤢 and so much arrogance too.. He can rather concentrate on making his show work ... Glad Kapil is not reacting ..
sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: karan-007

people r not blaming him for that but r saying y he is trying to potray himself as a great actor n Kapil hasn't left bcoz he was scared  of competition kyunki agar waisa hota phir wo competition mein bahut pehle hissa nahi leta in comedy show he won it that proves kapil isn't scared of competition n Krushna is saying lot of things which isn't needed n that is making him sound so arrogant 

competition abhi hi hua tha not pehle! his show was not getting trps according to sources!
I like Bachao and CNWK when it started gradually it became tooboring and ppl in this forum said the same too but now when Kapil left all are acting like they watched every episode of CNWK. Krushna said he is Kapil's fan but he is dissapointed that he left the show coz bachao was getting same ratings as his show and left CNWK.Why? If he is that good(like how ppl are writing here)he should have stayed and fought.This is what krushna is saying so what is wrong in that? And Siddharth aka Mausi once tweeted when he refused to do CNWK,Kapil abused him.