Krusna REACTS to the failure of his first episode of CNL

Posted: 8 years ago

Krushna Abhishek REACTS to the failure of his first episode of Comedy Nights Live!

Thu, February 4, 2016 9:10am IST by DNA
0SHARES
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+
comments
Krushna Abhishek REACTS to the failure of his first episode of Comedy Nights Live!
Krushna Abhishek reveals a lot on replacing Kapil Sharma on his show..

The first episode of Comedy Nights Live that has replaced Comedy Nights With Kapil has got a thumbs down from viewers and critics alike. Krushna Abhishek who has taken Kapil's place in the show has been panned. Here the stand-up comedian defends himself and his show unflinchingly and promises to do better.

The reviews to your first episode are not flattering. Did you expect this?

Definitely. I was expecting bad reviews. This was Kapil's (Sharma) show and we came on air just a week after his ended. This happens with every new show. When we were planning Comedy Nights Bachao, everybody told us Roast jaise shows India mein nahi chalte. I was told Tumhare show mein Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone nahi ayenge. This will be a flop show'. Kapil had also told me that. But today Comedy Nights Bachao is one of the top-rated shows. Production houses are calling me to say so and so actors will be coming on your show. Today people want entertainment. If not me somebody else will do it. For two months log gaaliyan denge... Gradually, we want to increase audience interaction. It's a learning process. Bahut saara baggage leke kar raha hoon. Kapil has his own fan following, even I am one. Main uske joote mein chal raha hoon, so people will be angry. But memory is short. No actor is god. Mihir Virani died in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi but producer Ekta Kapoor continues making shows.

How involved are you in the creative lines and gags?

I am totally involved. Three days before the shoot I sit on the creatives with the team for both the Comedy Nights' shows. Everybody does that, even Kapil does it. I don't go on the sets like an actor, take the script and start delivering the lines. I plan the characters and at times do things impromptu.

You had several drag acts in the episode. Hasn't it been done to death?

We are still learning. You have pointed this out. Some people have told me that I should purely be hosting the show and not play characters. But if I have to be different from Kapil I should play characters because he didn't. As the episodes progress we will see which characters are being liked by people " Siddharth's, Sudeshji and bua " and make it better.

What happens to Comedy Nights Bachao now that Bharti Singh and you are here?

We will do both. Bachao will be pure roast and here we will do masti. Lekin main pareshan ho gaya hoon. Both Bharti and I don't have time. We are shooting or prepping for either of the shows through the week. Haalat kharaab hai. But it's a golden period for me. I am the face, the hero of two primetime shows on a top channel. I may be getting tired but I am enjoying it.

Do you think Mika Singh is the right person to replace Navjot Singh Sidhu? Because they are both Sikhs?

Mika is a very good friend and I share a great rapport with him. He is a musician and brings in the youth factor. Uper se Punjabi banda hai like Sidhuji. We wanted a Punjabi guy only. Also, Mika understands humour and being a singer we get to have a music item too. Completely different from Sidhuji.

What about Bharti? Is she a replacement for Kiku Sharda because they are both the same size?

Yes, dono mein bhaaripan hai. That tempo is there and Bharti dances too. Kiku ladki banta tha aur Bharti ladka toh they are more or less in the same space.

How about getting your beau Kashmera Shah to play your wife in the show?

(Laughs) Nahi woh ghar mein theek hai.

You keep making fun of her in Comedy Bachao...

Yes, and she enjoys it a lot. I will bring her on this show and band bajaonga (laughs).

The Saroj Khan act has been done so many times before by Kiku Sharda. Why did you bring that back?

When Kiku did the Saroj act sporting a big butt Sarojji was offended. She had told me also. Humne usko thoda sophisticated kiya " we did not touch upon the physicality. The reason we did it was because Madhuri Dixit has a connect with her. She also gave a go ahead. As far as Kiku is concerned his acts were mind-blowing. But most of the gags he and the team performed on the show have already been done by me in Comedy Circus. If you see my videos from the show that was aired seven-eight years ago you'll find them. It's just that when they did it in a different space people liked them.

What was the reason for having Madhuri Dixit Nene in the first episode?

We had several discussions on who should be the first guest. This show has a family audience and Madhuri is a legendary heroine who has a fan in every household. She has stardom and at the same time is parivaarik. She was the best one for the first episode. The second one will haveKatrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur and Abhishek Kapoor. Bachao mein roast karenge yahan pe izzat denge (smiles).

You said Kapil was being insecure when he ended the show. Why?

Comedy Nights Bachao was the reason Kapil ended his show. Mujhe koi shauk nahi tha uska show karne mein. Kapil should have been here doing his show on the Sunday slot. Hamare saath fight karna chahiye tha. I wanted Bachao to get more ratings than Kapil's show and we got it. Only when two shows are good there is competition. Maza tab aata hai jab ek side mein Dabangg ho aur doosri side mein Singham. Dono mein dum hai. Par Kapil chala gaya aur samaan chhod gaya!

Edited by ChotaBheem - 8 years ago
Damn but this guy is so full of himself. I used to like him and Sudesh over Kapil in Comedy Circus but hearing him brag is such a turn off.
Comedy Night Bachao is a FLOP Show. Either you do Bachao Or Do Kapil's show. You looks like a Desperate Comedian.
Now where is tanvismile??
Krushna should see this https://mobile.facebook.com/?hrc=1&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fh.facebook.com%2Fhr%2Fr&_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=1104804716216778&id=534383099925612&fs=5
18m likes on cnwks page and 22 m likes on kapil Sharma official fb page
And I don't believe him kapil telling him not to do bachao. He infact offered him cnwks. 😆
Yah comparing ekta serial mihir virani and kapil 😆 Edited by gulabi22 - 8 years ago
Strange that Colors got the same hosts for two shows!

What happens to Comedy Nights Bachao now that Bharti Singh and you are here?

We will do both. Bachao will be pure roast and here we will do masti. Lekin main pareshan ho gaya hoon. Both Bharti and I don't have time. We are shooting or prepping for either of the shows through the week. Haalat kharaab hai. But it's a golden period for me. I am the face, the hero of two primetime shows on a top channel. I may be getting tired but I am enjoying it.

👍🏼

Kapil this...kapil that.. .kapil said this. ..kapil said that ...

And the same thing he does in the show...whole time he is taking digs at Kapil ...
Originally posted by -Zesty-

Kapil this...kapil that.. .kapil said this. ..kapil said that ...

And the same thing he does in the show...whole time he is taking digs at Kapil ...

Poor guy everyone is blaming him
He needs to give excuse and he is doing that 😆
Oh Gosh! Shut the f**k up Krushna! So arrogant! Krushna is the one who sounds insecure in this interview. 😵😵 And I don't know what he is smoking or what world he is living in but CNB is nowhere near CNWK's level. Kapil was, is and will always be a better comedian than you. 
He is selling himself in the name of Kapil. He desperately wants to get same fame n fan following for himself.