Nikita, u will have to read to find out how they fall in love

I am not telling
Posted: 8 years ago
Both r having a sad past
And two lonely soul can heal other best
Looking forward to read there story
👏
Nisha I have a feeling that you will take this also exceptionally well forward and this is probably be more closer to people as there's a lot of little and big struggles or success each of us go through and that will sort of hit home with a lot of hearts . Keep writing.

The babudom that comes one's position gets it's maximum importance in India.
Once that post and the tag's not on you, one learns that life is a great leveler .

Be it politicians or business men or actors or even being in the army , navy , military it's not the individual but the power of that post that's making heads nod and things happen more often than not.

But then you need to have something in you to get that power and sustain it as long as you can. And these people are the game changers.

It's so refreshing to read that the company messed up with the bookings and being the head of visual media doesn't still guarantee you anything. You, me and anyone can connect with such goof ups in our our own sweet jugaad world .

Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
Did I tel, you I completely dig pain and fights and Dhakka and then justice. Neel sigh! And live the name nihaar. Thanks Nisha. 
Agge kya hua, how did the Sparks glow between the leads? How did the kids gel?
What are the woes of single parents?

I know you will give it all and am waiting to red it all.
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Kalpana

No reason whatsoever why some suffer more than the others do

Nikita, u will have to read to find out how they fall in love

I am not telling

Nisha that goes without saying!! Shall stay hooked to the story alwaysss!!!
Bas jaldi jaldi batao aage kya hua
Dal & Fish

After work on that day he got out at 4 ish, rushing home to Gurgaon, to check on his son
The kid had slept all afternoon, the help had brought him a burger

He was a "OK" cook, he didnt have to know how to cook, Nupur had studied Home Science and had studied French and Italian Cooking and cooked for him
She cooked for who ever wanted to eat, she had plans to own a restaurant before Nihar went to college.
She couldnt have a second, a rare infection caused her to have a hysterectomy after Nihar.
She did EVERYTHING, he didnt even know what standard Nihar was... didnt know his subjects
Took him to cricket matches, if the ad agency did campaigns and he got free tickets.. but that was about it

Nupur was the boss

She had the "local" time table memorized she took 6 trains someday as she commuted trying to find something for the house...
His mother adored Nupur

"Dad... I HATE Delhi" Nihar said beginning to cry

"I am not crazy about it either" he nodded

They flipped channels... the help clattered dishes in the kitchen, the kitchen smelled like a pungent lemon dish soap
The cabinets were freshly varnished they smelled too

The apartment was ok, teh view was bad, it was on the 20th floor and the balcony faced another building

"Cricket dekhen?" he asked his son

Nihar shook his head

"Bombay chalte hain na apan Dad" he cried

"This will be good"

"HOW do u know" he shrieked standing up

"I lived here when I was 15" he lied

He had lived in Meerut... but never in Delhi

"Koi friend nahi hai" he yelled

"Wait for school"

"U said I cant go to DPS" Nihar shouted

He had heard "not so good things" he was thinking of Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan... he had gone to BVB
He loved it

"Hindi school nahi jaana mujhe"

"Naam Hindi hai Nihu..." he addressed her like Nupur did

"I am NOT Nihu" he shouted deeply hurt

He sighed leaning back

The help brought out a plate with onion rings, cuccumber slices and lemon wedges in the center, and a tomato cut up like lotus

"Sir roti bana loon?" he asked

Neel nodded preoccupied

"I hate this house" Nihar cried again

"Lets eat, tujhe ice cream khilata hoon" he smiled

He opened his laptop, and powered it on... checking email, a few from Gomez, and a couple from Suvechha... "CCs"

"They requoted their quote... please, kindly check fully, means they wont give another quote" she had written

He detected ESL (English as Second Language) in that diction... it had been a while since he had seen the word "means" used in business emails

He read it again imagining her thick Marathi accent... and stopped, startled

The help brought dal with a floating red pepper, smoky, he had burnt some of it, and aloo gobi

"Iske liye poori bana do" he instructed

The help made a face, but nodded nevertheless

Nihar picked up his DS and sat by him, getting the headphone from the coffee table... tipping the dal all over Neel's feet and pants

Neel shook his head smiled and and wiped it all off, mopping up the dal and going over to the kitchen and rinsing his napkin and bringing it back

The help acted like he didnt even hear the dal toppling

they ate quietly, Nihar on DS and him on email
Nothing about it was "home" his two bedroom  Matunga apartment reappeared in his vision frequently

He hadnt called his mother yet this evening...

They will both go down and eat kesar pista... Nupur's favorite

they both hated Delhi
They both hated the food
They both hated the apartment
They both loved Nupur
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She got off the rickshaw, women stood by the society gate wearing Nike knock off athletic clothes  but authentic branded sports shoes
Their post baby bellies bulging in places, many carrying expensive iphones

Some paused to stare at Suvechha, a couple smiled, making a mental note to gossip

The guard gave her a registered letter... "Aur koi letter aaya?" she asked hoping Varsha had sent a card for Adya

But there was none
Varsha had sent ONE card... Adya looked at it EVERYDAY " Majhi maavshi paathvilele aahe" (My aunt has sent it)

Suvi paused by the elevator switching veggie and fish bag, the flies attacked her

Adya huddled afraid.. "Its a FLY" she stressed in Marathi... tired

She looked at the registered letter, after hitting 3rd floor

"Aaai" "Aaai" Adya pulled her shirt

The letter was from the Mumbai IOB... she had Rs.2.17 lakhs in it... she had wanted it transferred, They KEPT asking for papers

This was yet another lame excuse

They got off at the floor

Tai never opened the door, Suvi placed  the veggie fish bag by the wall and searched for keys for the 100th time in her purse

Adya pulled it out of the side cell phone pouch of her handbag and giggled

"Aaiii ... aapan visroon aahet' (u are so forgetful)

She smiled and nodded wearily

Opened the door

Tai had NO light on... she sat like a ghost on the sofa, staring out the balcony

"taiii?" Suvi called

Tai smacked her forehead  hard and rubbed her nose and cursed... because she had forgotten it was Sankashti and bought fish

Suvi hit the light as Tai continued to curse and mumble

Adya went over and sat by Tai and showed her a post it pad and marker Prayag had given her

Adya opened the pen, Tai pushed her scolding her for trying to stain her saree

Adya withdrew sadly...
Suvi made chai and brought to Tai

Tai didnt drink, just cursed her for bringing fish and making chai with the same hands

Suvi drank her chai in the balcony looking down... husbands returned from work and
joined their wife in pretend walks... high five-ing their kids on bikes... along the way

Some even held hands

Suvi wondered if they were the man's first or only wife"

Adya came to the balcony

"Aaii ice cream" she said pointing to the Walls' cart outside the society gate..
Suvi grabbed her purse and took her down

Tai sneakily got up and went to the kitchen and snooped into all the bags Suvi brought... grabbing two oranges, two packets of cream biscuits, and tucking it into her saree folds

Suvi had left  some cash change in the subzi bag after paying the rickshaw, Tai quietly pocketed the
rolled up Rs. 50 and Rs.20 bills.. and threw the almost Rs.180 fish in trash before going back to the sofa to sit like a frigid statue.

AMMO this TAI is!!
SO SO SO SO SO cunning!!

Neel and Nihar...Their apartment somehow brings me moemories of MM 🤣

Will the kids meet ?????????
Adya is so cute
Taai is so fishy and cunning
    Neel is so humble
       Suvi is patient and her past has made her judgemental