Indradhanush - Page 33

Posted: 8 years ago
Wow, loved the typical UP household. I am from UP although have lived in Orissa and Delhi all my life and therefore can completely understand the culture. The gujiya and kaanji making during holi brings back so many memories. The salutations of Jeeji and amma used so commonly in our own house. 
The twins are Pant- pants are kumaoni paharis, so is amma a pahari? 
And the kathal reference. I made it just the other day. Absolutely love it. We Had kathal trees growing everywhere in  Rourkela. Saturday ritual used to be a big knife laced with huge amounts of oil, ready to cut the kathal. 
Originally posted by taramira

Wow, loved the typical UP household. I am from UP although have lived in Orissa and Delhi all my life and therefore can completely understand the culture. The gujiya and kaanji making during holi brings back so many memories. The salutations of Jeeji and amma used so commonly in our own house. 
The twins are Pant- pants are kumaoni paharis, so is amma a pahari? 
And the kathal reference. I made it just the other day. Absolutely love it. We Had kathal trees growing everywhere in  Rourkela. Saturday ritual used to be a big knife laced with huge amounts of oil, ready to cut the kathal. 

Yeah missed out on mentioning gujiya, jeeji Shruti.

Yeah, cutting kathaal is the biggest task. Hath mein tel, chakoo mein tel then cut it carefully as the chaku starts slipping away. 

Keralites open and cut up a tender raw jack fruit called the Idi chakka or kada chakka and there are specifically other varieties that they let it grow bigger , wait for it to ripen and eat that as a fruit.
When I get idichkka, then use a lot of oil to open and cut , also put that in buttermilk laced water to retain colour ... Then do a stir fry with onions, ginger and cocunut.
Kalpana..cannot agree more with you regarding Nisha's skills.
I am always in awe with the arrangement of plots and the way she writes. The story simply flows. My story reading has never been so lucid and entertaining. I can connect to so many things when I read an update...I can visualise so many aspects like the interaction of the characters their emotive stages...everything vividly. What entertains me and keeps me hooked is such kind of narration. 
I love visualization. I tend to imagine scenes and that makes life simple and better.
Originally posted by Nisha0604

I have known many Tripathis and Tiwaris and Shuklas and Misras address their mothers as Amma, its a uniquely  UP/Bihari brahmin thing too I suspect... I may be wrong there
And as a celebration of your last name, Nupur will be a Misra😳

Hey dats a celebration for me as well Nisha... I was Mishra for 21 years of my life... And then the pandey thing happened to me πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

I must say you are a keen observer Nisha.. I bet we also have met lots of people around... But the detailing you give is impeccable πŸ‘πŸ‘

Heartburn & Heartache

Thursday Friday and Saturday FLEW by for him
She was in a seminar Admarcom (advtg Mktg Comm) 2016 at Claridges on Thursday and Friday
She got emails from him, she had no reason to assume he wasnt in the office
There was no OOO on his email
They didnt "meet" daily for work, so she attended the conference worked with her team, the media buying team and the clients during breaks

The topics were hugely interesting and engaging, there were giveaways at the
 end for answering quizzes, there was trade show like stalls with the latest digital production equipment, content writing tools and supplies
Her bag was filled both days

On Saturday she woke early at Tai complained her "chest hurt" her rickshaw wala helped bring Tai down and take her to the clinic, where the Doc said she had severe "heartburn"
Tai was disappointed and Suvi was furious for runing her Sat

She came home let Aadhya watch on the ipad and took a nap, waking at Noonish to find Tai making lunch, FOR HERSELF ofcourse
No spice no seasoning,  she was told, by the Doc
"U have made me sick, I came here because you had nobody and you made me sick" Tai mumbled

"U are sick not because of me" Suvi responded

She made pooris and chana for herself and her daughter, Tai let her khichri waste away and ate 8 pooris

Suvi did not throw it or put it away, let it lay there on the counter

She realized Neel was moving today when she packed the leftover pooris in a container

Maybe she should have taken lunch?

She went to her phone, the last exchange was from Tuesday and that was it

There was no reason for her to check on him so left the phone on the dining table
She cleaned up for the Bai, as she was expected to show up any minute, running the kitchen faucet

Tai walked over to her phone and looked at what Suvi was looking at

"Agar kho jaane ka dar na ho to" and then there was an address
Tai didnt read or write English or spoke, so she couldnt get that part, plus it was Hindi written in English

But she realized a address was written

She made a disgusted face and went back to her couch

Suvi took Aadhya down at 3 ish, there were no kids around, it was 46C
She came right back up...

She worked for an hour, and had a question on Trademax's special approval to pay 70% upfront and the other 30% after commercials in Tier 2 cities aired
She didnt see any approvals in her email in box
She wanted to know if Neel had approved such delayed receipt of fees
There was a long winded process for seeking Accounting/Billing's aprovals for clients that did not pay it all upfront

They were an ad agency the cash flow wasnt huge
Esp in Delhi when requests came via netas the agency gave such people a break

She picked up her phone and texted "Did u approve Trademax's 30% being pushed out 6 months?" she asked professionally

"I did Suvechha" he responded 30 ish minutes later

She felt bad she may have bothered him on a busy day

"I am sorry aap shifting mein busy?" she asked

he didnt respond...

She didnt know what she felt but she did feel something...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neel sat down to eat the kulfi Aabha Bhabhi had made, his mother read a newspaper on her ipad, when she wore glasses she looked exactly like the Principal she was when she worked

"Nihar ko Dilli kaisi lagi?" she asked setting her ipad down on the pillow

"Theek hai... ghar par rehta hai saara din"

"Kitna sharmeela hai" Amma worried

"Usko video games dila den aap, bus khush!!" Neel smiled

"Aapne kya socha beta?" Amma asked softly

"About what Amma?" he asked... he knew exactly what

"Aise to chalega nahi" Amma waved a finger

"What are you talking about?" he dismissed her angrily

"Main agle 50 saal aapke kehne pe Dilli Mumbai to karoongi nahi" she said firmly

"To Dilli ruk jaayen aap" he smiled, flashing the perfect teeth, he was very handsome in the white kurta and chudidar
His Amma always summoned a relative to get him authentic Lucknavi duds

"Aabha ki ek cousin hai" "Aap miley ho" Amma began

He got up from bed quickly, his phone fell on the floor

He picked it up, it was Suvechha's text screen, he began to text

"Main Mumbai mein hoon" he texted Suvechha after an hour of her asking him "shifting mein busy ho?"

"Baithen Neel" his Amma urged seeing him do what she thot was work text

He leaned on the window

"I dont want to meet any one"

"Theek hai, hamari pasand se na sahi apni pasand se?" Amma pleaded

He tucked his phone in his pocket
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiyo... It's so hard for him no??? And then there are some who move on like nothing mattered ...
I love these two
I love these text exchanges.
I feel Suvi
I know how it feels...that feeling...its nice ya!!!

WITCH...how can she waste khana of 3 just like that ya?!?!? Does she even know kitna hota rice aur dal khareedne mein. 
And aap usko wapas kyon leke aayi? Wahi clinic mein chod dena tha na.
Padi eehti udhar ich zindagi bhar.

Amma wants Neel ki shaadi??? Naicceee

Thank you for an awesome evening update author sahiba !!
Good dayyy
Yaaay!!!
Lovely update to start of my day!!!!!  Thank you Nisha. The rest of today will be spent like this

Neel's mom sounds awesome!  Gentle tightening the screws!!!  πŸ˜†

Tai the Troll----i like this name-so sad to hear about ur heartburn--it couldn't have happened to a nicer personπŸ˜†

Just FYI, I have no idea what half the things you are referring to are Nisha--so I have to say kudos to your ability to recollect and put these memories appropriately in your stories.  I actually went and looked up the subzi and such that you had written about---I haven't had much exposure to other parts of India other than the people from the South.  πŸ‘