Asian Shows

Kdramas I watched/ing/ On List [Updated July 24, 2020]

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago

Hi..

honestly speaking, I never liked rom-com dramas or movies.. i don't even like to listening romantic songs..

but k-dramas ruined me..😆

I still love action packed series the most.. but i won't lie.. i totally loved rom-com dramas that some of you guys suggested to me earlier.. and trust me.. rom-com is not a genre for k-dramas.. it's misleading.. there should be a separate genre only for k-dramas.. more like a warning for the audience.. it should be *feels*

posting the list of shows i have watched so far.. so i can get more sugg.. i would appreciate if you guys could give me one or two liner summary .. not the one imdb/wiki give.. because that's totally misleading.. i'm crying buckets after watching a few of dramas i watched after reading imdb summary.. now my social life is completely gone but i hardly regret.. 😆..

- - - - updated list- - - - -

@red colored names--- fvt dramas in the list... and watched them twice at least..

@blue- warning.. i was banging my head on the wall after watching those *stupid* dramas..

1. Goong- perhaps i am the only one who didn't like this drama..lol.. wasn't my genre back then.. might try again and see, if i love this now..
  2. Empress Ki (just loved this drama.. Northcape film saved my life or i would have died from the depression i had after the sad ending of this drama.. have no words to describe how brilliant this drama is.. plot, star cast, dialogues..simply superb.. no need to read any summary/comments.. just go for it.. it will be my all time fvt kdrama..)
  3. My Love from Another Star (it was ok ok for me.. not much intense.. i loved his past life story more interesting than the present one..)-- edited--- i need to edit my reviews after re-watching this drama.. i watched it again after LoBS and damn! this lady is such an awesome actress.. just loved her acting.. KHS is brilliant too.. they dragged the show a bit towards that murder plot but it was a lovely journey and i enjoyed it watching on 2nd time..
  4. Moon that Embraces the Sun (King's attitude was supercool but overall storyline wasn't that good..)
  5. Secret (Secret Love) (this drama clearly depicts that upto what extent one can go for their love or revenge or money,..such a crazy and intense drama.. it gave me chills in every minute.. Would you guys believe me if I say I loved Ji-Sung in Secret more than KMHM)
  6. Secret Garden (it's a very popular drama.. but i didn't like it much.. again may be because I didn't like rom-com at first)
  7. Healer (This drama is already so popular among kdrama fans so i don't think these reviews matter.. but i watched it for JCW and re-watched it for JCW only.. though i have not watched a lot of kdramas but i'm already fed up with corrupt congressman/elders/chaebols stories).. watch this for JCW and PMY.
  8. Coffee Prince- the guy is a brilliant actor.. no doubt.. but I can't tolerate the female lead esp since I watched Remember.. I hated her character so much that now i don't like any of her shows..
  9. Angry Mom (really liked the plot- in fact they picked a great issue bullying and abuse amongs kids and faculties at schools.. but they dragged it a little too much)
  10. I Remember You (ship their bromance so hard.. PBG should have got an award for his performance in this drama)
  11. Itazura Na Kiss (loved Japanese and anime versions the most..) Just go for it..!! Yuki-Kun is a damn attractive guy.. no doubt about that.. but seriously, Kotoko has become my top most favorite female.. she represents every fan-girl.. Korean version, i couldn't bear that even for 1 episode.
  12. Just You (T- nice drama but that female lead is so loud..)
  13. Fall in Love with Me (T)
  14. Jewel In the Palace (watched it a long time back so don't remember the much details.. but i enjoyed watching it at that time...)
  15. Queen In-hyun's Man (decent drama.. enjoyed watching it..)
  16. Scholar Who Walks the Night (female lead was super cute..and did a great job.. esp in emotional scenes.. lol... but i didn't like the lead actor... or his makeup actually.. :P)--edited-- came to know about the guys after watching a few more shows of him.. LJK- no doubt that he is a brilliant actor.. but i really couldn't tolerate him in this drama.. 
  17. Orange Marmalade (stopped watching after 2 episodes and regret watching even those)
  18. Kill Me Heal Me (still watch second lead pair clips.. Oh Ri On and Ahn Yo Na.. they make me rofl..)
  19. Sungkyunkwan Scandal (someone needed to put some brains into CVs head.. this drama was crap but watched for Joong Ki and Yoo Ah-In Bromance.. also YooChun was intolerable)
  20. Innocent Man (aish! i fell in love with Joong Ki Oppa after this serial.. they dragged the drama a bit but it was a brilliant show..)
  21. Fated to Love You (plot seemed to be inspired from IF-Fics..lol.. there was too much melodrama in this show.. watched it for lead guy Lee Gun... his laughter was hilarious..)
  22. Oh My Venus- one time watch for me.. fast forward one..
  23. Rooftop Prince (that trio made me laugh so hard.. loved them even more than lead couple.. esp Lee Min Ho.. he was such a cutie..)
  24. She Was Pretty (the lead actress is brilliant.. i watched three of her dramas.. and she played completely diff roles in all three of them.. in SWP, she was quite loud.. but i loved her overall..)
  25. Mimi (despite having an easily predictable plot.. this drama gave me a heartache.. I watched Mimi 3 times.. because it has a beautiful story.. loved Max as Min Woo.. he looked super cute and really handsome as high school student.. FL for Mimi's role was a perfect choice.. she really looked like an innocent soul.. just like her character in the drama.. loved every bit of her.. even if you get bored in between., still do watch it complete.. since it already has 4 episodes only.. then if you think WTH just happened.. watch it again.. I'm sure.. second time you will defo fall in love with this drama.. )
  26. Warrior Baek Dong Soo (I'm in love with this drama.. cursing Cho Rip in every breath.. there was no need to assassin Yoo Un.. saddest part was showing everybody living a happy life later.. Yoo Un did commit a lot of crimes.. he killed innocent people too.. and he deserved punishment.. but the way he died.. it was heart wrenching.. and there was this misunderstanding that it was Un who did hurt Cho Rip...)
  27. Signal (Brilliant drama.. thank you Poo for recommending this show.. I wanted all three of them to meet and know if those goons found LJH- gonna rewatch it soon..)
  28. Remember- War of the Son (This is such a brilliant drama.. I was already impressed with YSH when I watched WDBS.. but in WoTS, he left me speechless.. hard to believe that he is such a young actor.. and it is sad that he didn't enough award nominations..the main villain of this show Nam Gyuk is terrific.. at first he pissed me off.. but after a few episodes i liked his acting a lot.. he did full justice with his role.. a psycho chaebol with anger-management issues..every time he appeared on screen.. i was laughing so hard..couldn't help from replaying some of his scenes..)
  29. Personal Taste (Started watching this drama for Lee Min Ho.. overall the drama was good..not much intense.. not totally illogical... loved the comedy scenes a lot.. FL made the guy suffer a lot.. lolz... watched this drama twice)
  30. Splash Splash Love.. funny drama.. and damn hilarious.. but make sure not to expect logic anywhere..the best scene of the drama is when the girl rides horse singing oppa gangnam style...
  31. Faith (edited again... completed this drama for 4th time now...----edited----I just finished re-watching this drama and now I defo had to edit my reviews here.. at first I watched this drama for LMH.. and I re-watched it for LMH only but this time I focused on plot as well..this drama has a good plot..5% for action scenes 5% for plot 20% for Choi Young's attitude, 20% for his devotion for his lady love and then rest of the 50% goes for LMH's looks.. he looked like a dream in whole series.. so handsome... he never looked so good in his any other show.. not even in PT... after seeing him smile for the first time you will wait for such scenes where he would smile.. from heart...Lee Min Ho simply nailed the character of Choi Young.. KHS did a superb job as Eun Soo.. her comedy scenes and heaven language was hilarious...but I would still say that I hated those weird creatures with superpowers.. esp the guy with flute cum sword was irritatingly hilarious... on a special note- Choi Young was too bold for Goryeo... 😉.. or perhaps it was the influence of his Im-Ja)
  32. Missing You (Started watching this drama for YSH and watched it complete for him only.. HJH and LSY literally pissed me off . i hated them..They ruined Harry.. Probably, he would not have committed all those crimes if Zoey would have understood his heart for once.. just to make HJH and LSY together, they turned Harry into a murderer and what else.. like some psycho obsessed lover.. I didn't like the story plot or anything.. finished watching this drama and i am having headache.. because i don't cry easily and Harry's scenes were heart wrenching..the way this drama ended i really wanted to punch my laptop screen so hard..)
  33. I Hear Your Voice (I'm so much impressed with LJS's acting in this drama.. great plot and brilliant job done by whole cast.. i loved the bonding of Soo Ha and Jang..and that villain was damn scary.. every time JWI did something vicious it gave me chills.. and he always reminded me of his role in empress ki.. he really is one of the best villains in kdramas..)
  34. High Society- (how did i forget to add this one in the list.. this was the 1st kdrama i watched... and thank god i watched some other dramas as well.. because it really was one of the most boring dramas i have watched until now.. it was only 2nd lead pair that brings some life in the show..otherwise typical chaebol and family issues..)
  35. Pinocchio (a bit lengthy drama for me.. they didn't need to drag it up to 20 episodes.. but i liked the plot.. the persons i loved the most in this drama was In Ha's father and grand father.. their obsessions and insecurity.. it made me rofl.. over all it was a great drama but i don't think i will watch it twice. because most of the time all reports are just rushing here and there including police station and trying to grab a news.. there were lots of things (including Jae Hyang) for me that wasn't solved until the end..)
  36. Boys Over Flowers (Poo darling, thanks for recommending this drama.. i enjoyed it to the fullest.. no wonder LMH got so popular after this show.. he really did a great job as JunPyo.. loved the lead couple.. and perhaps I'm the only one who didn't get a SLS in this drama.. :P and now, i'm a bit upset that LMH did very less dramas..and seriously, this drama had all possible cheesy and common tracks it could have.. because that amnesia one was really hilarious... also, at some places Jandi's dilemma really irritated me.. but i overall enjoyed this show a lot... the only thing that pissed me off was Jandi never trusted JunPyo.. after sudden death of JunPyo's father he needed her to trust him that he won't betray her.. but all she did was reacting like any other typical girlfriend.. she had true feelings for him when he was in school.. but later on, she felt hurt and i know she kept loving him only.. but she didn't trust him.)
  37. Doctor Stranger (after watching first episode I was like.. OMG! this seems interesting.. also, after watching two other shows of LJS, I thought to give DS a try.. for 3-4 episodes it was fine.. but later the plot got messy.. i loved second female lead more.. in fact the relationship between main lead couple wasn't highlighted enough.. I don't know why i kept watching DS till the end.. and now I am regretting.. because the ending was crap.. most of the scenes/episodes were like they were just dragging the story to bring it up to 20 episodes.. the worst part of this drama was those unethical surgery competitions..)
  38. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (I read a lot of positive reviews about this show and thought of giving it a try.. but it wasn't like what i expected.. that bead and all.. it was a stupid plot for me.. i liked only first episode.. rest was just.. i don't know why i watched it.. after a few episodes i was frustrated and i even skipped some scenes...watched it on fast forward..)
  39. I Need Romance 3 (what the hell i just watched..after reading lots of positive reviews about this drama, i started watching it..plus, I liked the character of ML.. but this drama was just too much for me.. that FL and her group- all they did was dating..kissing and all sorts of possible love scenes.. then breaking up with their partners.. again dating with a new person..and repeat...)
  40. EXO Next Door- Reviews pending.. for now, all I can say.. just go for it...
  41. Choco Bank- nice sweet web drama... .
  42. Click Your Heart- reviews pending..i enjoyed watching it.. esp because of the way CVs presented it..
  43. Master's Sun- still wondering why this drama comes under horror genre.. lol.. it was a comedy drama.. sort of investigation drama also.. enjoyed watching first few episodes.. but then got bored.. still finished it just to see what happens...
  44. Marriage Contract- Still can't believe that FL is same who was there in High Society.. she has improved so much.. OTP was great.. they simply rocked... for me, that cute little girl was the star of the drama... she did a fabulous job as a child actress...
  45. Mirror of the Witch- awesome drama.. going to re-watch this...
  46. The Three Muskeeters- (was trying random shows) don't know if it was a funny drama or a political drama.. enjoyed it overall.. 
  47. Gu Family Book- finished it in one go.. story is really good.. great action scenes.. that horrundus villain makes your blood boil every time he is on screen.. but i wasn't in the OTP that much.. i liked ML's parents story the most.. Wol Ryung my bias in this show.. and i kept watching it because he came back in ep 14.. except Wol Ryung and Seo Hwa I don't see anything else in this drama.. yeah! that villain defo deserves to be hanged 100 times- kill him at once and then hang his filthy corpse 99 more times..
  48. It's Okay, That's Love- brilliant one.. still can't believe it was kyungsoo...
  49. just one smile is very alluring/ love o2o- sweet, nice and silk smooth drama.. no politics, no evil mothers, no rich man falling for a poor part-time worker.. beautiful drama overall.. and no love triangle...
  50. the princess's man- except the trust the female lead has in her namja.. or the sacrifices she made for him.. phew! there was nothing to watch...ultimate goal of CVs was to kill everyone- supporting cast, lead cast, supporting of supporting class.. and keep the most evil person alive in the end...oh! we can kill this guy x.. after two episodes they will realize y is alive.. let us kill y somehow.. oh! how about we will z too.. we can extend few more episodes if we kill every single person from main cast in per episode.. 
  51. moonlight drawn by the clouds- good one..different than other korean period dramas.. i haven't been able to complete this drama.. one ep is still remaining.. loved the relationship netween Young~ah and Ra On~ah..
  52. W- honestly?? i had lots of expectations from this show.. at first it had such an intruging and thrilling story track.. but may be it was the fault of fast pace or what- but they messed up everything after 7-8 episodes... it was just too much.. and i dropped the show later.. watched last episode a few days back... just to get an idea what happened in the end..
  53. Moon Lovers/scarlet heart ryeo- do i really need to provide comments for this.. many people are fan of this drama and W.. and they will recommend both of them.. but for me this drama was a waste of time.. i already had got no interest in OTP.. and my remaining interest was gone when they killed Eun-Deok.. and bam! i droppped the show after that scene itself...
  54. dong yi- a very nice drama and i'm glad it was presented even in a better way..(that no more a) child actress brought life to this drama.. and it got better with every episode...
  55. Six Flying Dragons- have watched 25 ep till now.. and enjoyed them thoroughly...
  56. Love Rain- at 18th ep right now... trying to finish this drama asap.. OTP is really good..
  57. Secret Door- watched 7 episodes so far.. so far. it's good..
  58. legends of the blue sea- my namja is back.. ^3^- I have already watched this show 4 times.. and still keep on watching some random scenes.. this drama is love.. esp the past lives of lead couple.. Heo Joon Jae and Shim Cheong are the funniest couple ever.. their chemistry is brilliant.. their past lives- Dam Ryeong and Sae Hwa.. a couple that gave me heartache for 2 months at least.. Dam Ryeong is one of the most compassionate, caring, person with moral standards, personality.. he gives those positive vibes when you watch him..  I am so glad that both of my top most fvt characters (choi young and dam ryeong) are played by LMH. :D
  59. Hi School Love on!- I am not much into high school dramas.. but many people on I-F recommended me this drama and i loved that how despite being so young the actress did such a great job in MOTW.. and this drama is really cute.. i loved it.. the guy playing the second lead.. he played his role so perfectly.. i loved his acting... all that anger, frustration.. he depicted everything really well.. but i loved how all 3 of them gave more priority to their friendship over all family issues and love triangle..
  60. Goblin- i started watching this drama because of GY. he is a brilliant actor.. and the seniority of his as well as the Grip Reaper (gonna call him Kim Woo Bin because that's the most hilarious part of this drama) in their acting.. I continued watching this drama for their bromance, trio's lovely friendship and second lead pair.. good, that it was a happy ending. tho Goblin's ending was confusing for me..
  61. Princess WeiYoung- why no one was there to stop me when i was wasting my precious time on this drama.. this was such a stupid drama.. i mean literally.. and i didn't get why the hell name was princess weiyoung.. she was "jhel" for me.. seriously.. they should have named the drama after her bodyguard Jun Tao.. she was a badass and actually revenged everyone who harmed their country and royal family.. this princess weiyoung was there to only play kitchen politics, get beaten, get recovered, do some romantic scene with her love interest and repeat. they kept praising her for her intelligence and all but honestly her character wasn't suitable for the lead role..
  62. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim- if you are an exo fan.. do watch this drama because the main lead looks like an adult version (true copy) of Sehunnie...*reality check* drama is stupid.. surgery, surgery and more surgery.. i already had enough with doctor stranger and now this one.. never gonna watch any other medical korean drama..no wonder the doctor guy in MLFAS made that comment "so many medical dramas are there that now everyone knows which test and surgery should be performed".. the worst part of the drama is the over confidence and arrogant behavior of doctors..
  63. Star of the universe- i'm so happy that finally my bias got a main drama.. this drama has a beautiful story and people who think that they should watch it only for SuHo's visuals.. please do that because that's obviously the best part of the drama but you will love his acting too.. SuHo really did a great job..his solo songs, lots of focus on his beautiful face and a really average girl (not like some painted beauty) with a bright and beautiful smile..while watching this drama, you will be able relate yourself to her..
  64. be positive- d.o. at his best once again.. full of Satansoo and cute d.o. moments.. after watching this drama you will be able to say that "young k-pop idols can't act.. what nonsense!" kyungsoo is indeed the best actor in EXO group.. not all of them have appeared in dramas..but among the ones who did.. he is the best.. you would love him even if you are not an exo-l... whole cast is good.. dialogues are even better...
  65. Defendant- it was a good drama.. story was ok..one time watch.. but worth repeating because main cast is brilliant.. Ji Sung once again proved that he is indeed one of the best actors in korean drama industry..these mysterious and dark characters suit him so well.. the antagonist in the drama is no less and he literally reminded me of the antagonist from "remember" drama.. total psycho and scary.. loved this drama.. will surely re-watch this..
  66. deep rooted tree- on going.. luckily number of episodes are not 50+.. lolz..
  67. flower in the prison- at 7th ep right now.. read lots of positive reviews.. hope it doesn't turn out to be a romantic drama in the end.. 
  68. The village: Secret of Achiara- one time watch drama.. but the characters are full of non-sense mentality.
  69. Rebel- who steals the people- finally finished watching this drama.. it was on hold for almost 6 months.. this drama is a fun.. however one time watch for me.. Ikhwari group is daebak.. cast is really good.. well written plot.. but still slightly dragging.. 30 episodes were a lot actually..
  70. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon- will re-watch this drama for PHS.. he totally made himself stand-out in this show.. his melting expressions every time he looks at DBS smile are daebak..
  71. Fighter of the Destiny- So far, tolerating this drama for LuHan.. otherwise it's Chinese version of Alif Laila and Hatim.
  72. Ruler- Master of the Mask- last 4 episodes remaining.. will post reviews after finishing them
  73. Queen for 7 days- the most heartbreaking, romantic, beautiful, and painful drama... Yoo Woo Jin is added into my fvt actors list.. and PMY actually managed to impress me... even after Healer i wasn't sure.. but she really did a brilliant job here..
  74. Suspicious Partner- a big disappointment for me.. i still did not get why this couple was such a big hype.. i started watching this drama for JCW.. got interest in second lead couple.. enjoyed noisy chats of the elders.. but continued watching for the main villain.. he is the only one who kept the show alive..
  75. Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo- this show is love..
  76. The bride of Habaek- ongoing.. so far i don't have anything positive to share.. started watching it for NJH.. tolerated it for Shin.. continued after 8 episodes for Bi RYeom.. I even fell asleep while watching this show... one of the most boring drama i have come across to.. they should have picked ManHwa concept only.. then it might have a better track.. biggest problem with this drama is the lead actress.. i loved her SFD.. but she is just too boring here.. like literally.. flat face.. zero expression.. even music doesn't add chemistry between the couple..
  77. 7 first kisses- boring for me. couldn't finish it.
  78. Shy Boss- <3
  79. Chicago Typewriter-  finished this drama in two days.. its already been 15 days to that.. and i'm still not in a condition to write reviews.. 
  80. Jang Ok Jung- just started watching this one.. on 3rd ep right now..
  81. While you were sleeping- that's why it was under fantasy genre.. drama is good till few episodes.. later a big drag... loved second lead the most :D :D
  82. Nothing to lose
  83. the K2
  84. Just between lovers: it's really difficult to explain how awesome this drama is.. cast A+, character sketch A+, bg score A+, portrayal of characters A++++, acting A++, feels A+infinity. This drama is a simple story of simple people.. best example of depicting the messy life of broken people in the simplest way..  I think Gang Doo is automatically added in my list of fvt kdrama male characters (selfless and compassionate ones).. it takes a lot of courage to tell someone that "it's not your fault".. Gang Doo, worrying about everyone.. but not letting anyone take any sort of blame so they don't curse themselves.. a guy who gets involved in unnecessary fighting, tortures his body... finally having a feeling and willingness to live..  how common people suffer different sorts of problem in their daily lives.. some due to past incidents.. and some due to unfortunate circumstances.. but how "life keeps going on" makes them hide their sufferings.. guilt, depression, nightmares, responsibilities, fears, hunger.. each character was weaved around so many emotions.. you love each and every character.. i almost cried when Ha Moon Soo was having ice cream with her mother and aunt.. because i thought that Gang soo died.. but when i watched him crossing the road carefully because now he can't hurt himself just like that.. i smiled while crying.. JBL is a beautiful drama.. you should give love to others.. because of your caring or a small amount of affection someone's wounds might start healing..
  85. Man Living in our House I watched this drama a long time back and i thought i had posted my reviews.. re-watching this, so, now will share my reviews after completing it.
  86. Lookout- brilliant drama with amazing cast, solid plot, superb acting, daebak OSTs.. a non-romance drama.. i have so much to share about this series.. need a season 2.. will post my detailed reviews soonish..
  87. Queen of the ring
  88. romance full of life
  89. avengers social club- daebak drama
  90. cross
  91. women of dignity- watched on fast forward after a few episodes.
  92. 100 days my prince- okayish for me. started watching for kyungsoo and finished for just finishing.
  93. Mad dog- one time watch. watched it for male leads. plot got boring after half run.
  94. A Korean odyssey- nah! for me.
  95. because this is my first life
  96. vagabond- only episode is left to watch. 
  97. the king eternal monarch- My Namja. ^3^ go for it. just ignore product ads. that's the only thing that can make you hate the drama.
  98. psycho but it's okay- watching and it's cool.
  99. backstreet rookie- watched 4 episodes only. age gap is not letting me get any feels for them.
  100. abyss- the show was good but i didn't like too much. in fact constant comments on physical appearances were big turn off
  101. My Country: The New Age- completed 5 ep so far. seems like a very very sad drama.
  102. Hotel del Luna- hilarious show. loved it. 
  103. The Crowned Clown- what a performance by ML. can't believe he grew up so soon.
  104. The Fiery Priest- he lacks commonsense
  105. The Lies Within- great plot but stupid FL. she was sort of unbearable to me. every time she went out to investigate the case all dressed up and heels I wanted to punch her. lady, there is a reason police is investigating this case
  106. When The Camellia Blooms- ML is too good for this world. I couldn't believe that he is the same prince from SHR. After a while, FL became pain to watch. I understand her selfless character but not having a spine is at another level.
  107. Nobody Knows- I have a lot to talk about. in a positive manner
  108. He is Psychometric- stupid drama
  109. The Royal Gambler/Jackpot- Okayish drama. liked it till a few episodes but later it got more and more toxic. King was the only saviour in this show. his lessons/teachings were harsh but too the point. I think best actor among the whole cast.
  110. Sky Castle- ongoing
  111. Nok Du- hilarious till 6 episodes. later, got a bit tensed. not really able to connect/feel the plot. one time watch. 
  112. Angel's last mission: love  one time watch.
  113. hospital playlist- very less footage to playlist theme. finished 9 episodes so far.
  114. touch your heart-  got boring as soon as romance started
  115. warm and cozy/jeju gatsby- nope! no trust, no feelings, nothing. even having crush has more feelings than their so called love. stupid theme.
  116. live up to your name- I don't know why I started watching this drama at the first place.
  117. Save me- one time watch with lot of fast forward. if one-hour episode then 30 minutes of painful preaching. worst so-called friends I have seen- at least till 3/4th of the drama. they wanted to to show ML as ML that's why the actual golden character was kept invisible till 8 episodes. ML says he fell in love with FL at the first sight but doesn't care to help her or her brother when in need. or doesn't care where she was for three years. friends are eating/partying in restaurants knowing that their friend got jailed because of someone else's mistake. don't care to find him or meet him once he is out because he didn't let them meet him in jail. but they patch up when they need his help. extremely sensitive theme but even worse portrayal of characters. FL and Second ML were the only sane people. don't even ask me about the stupidity of trio during investigations.

dropped..

1. general and I- what the hell was that..looks like in chinese dramas what they care the most about is the looks of female lead.. that general is badass no doubt.. and the story was going fine too.. but damn! that lead actress is no actress at all.. she looks stupid.. and lacks even basic acting skills..who will tolerate her for 50+ episodes..
  2. Ten miles of peach blossoms- ok! i have this sincere question. why all basic chinese historical dramas are by default fantasy based too.. i mean the ost seriously gave me "alif laila" feels..for first 1:30 minutes they played ost and i closed the tab at 3:30.. rofl...
  3. Hwarang- started watching it for second lead guy PHS.. but got disappointed because came to know that his character was actually second lead.. i was so much frustrated with the lead pair.. i mean it looks like that the guy is on verge to portray negative stuffs about siblings relations.. the lead characters, their stupid and so called emotions for each other made me hate this drama..after 11 episodes i could not continue.. first it was slow.. second i thought that may be.. may be at one point of time he would realize that when he took his friend's identity he will be honest with himself but in front of everyone he pretended to be the ML's brother but later when he kissed the girl... i was like bloody hell..and then ML was no less... there you go tab closed and never opened back..I think I'll complete the remaining episodes for PHS.. he won my heart with High Society and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon..
  4. City Hunter (despite being an action drama the moment romance started action scenes were gone.. 🤢 father-son duo was unbearable). sorry Min Ho.
  5. Descendants of the Sun (dropped after 9th episode... it was literally a melodrama.. started watching for SJK.. continued for second OTP.. dropped because I wasn't able to tolerate the *drama*)
  6. Cheese in the trap- just came to know that it got boring after ep 8.. lol..
  7. Marriage not dating- started with a good pace- seemed to be promising.. lost my interest in 4th episode itself...
  8. bride of the century- dropped after 10th episode..the actress was brilliant.. i loved how she portrayed both the characters..but just too much dragging.. and i really mean it.. too much...
  9. because this is my first life
  10. revolutionary love
  11. untouchable
  12. moorim school
  13. stranger/secret forest
  14. Miss Hammurabi
  15. where stars land
  16. Man to Man
  17. Arthdal Chronicles
  18. Graceful Family
  19. kingdom
  20. the world of married

want to watch these but lacking the motivation...

1. Misaeng
  2. Bridal Mask
  3. Operation Love (J)- didn't like the Korean version.. Japanese version looks promising..
  4. School 2015 and series
  5. reply 1998 and series
  6. oh my geum bi- i know that this drama is very good and the child actress is brilliant.. watched 4 episodes.. but why continue when you know you gonna end up crying..
  7. protect the boss
  8. Heirs
  9. Hwarang

I would appreciate if you guys could please suggest me some really good dramas..  i love shows with a little bit of historical plot and action series..

and in modern ones.. not too much/unnecessary romance or comedy.. 

thanks a lot in advance..

love

-Akki

Edited by DamRyeong - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..geeth.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I would suggest u to continue watching Kill Me Heal Me.. have little patience. Its an awesome drama. Another shows i liked is Reply 1997, Reply 1988, Sassy Go Go,love cusine(t), rich man poor woman(j), buzzer beat (j), cunning single lady (k), Full House( Thai), Kiss Me (Thai), cheese in the trap(ongoing), autumn's concerto (t). 
P.S most of them r rom coms 😆 actions i suggest city hunter, ogoborus(j), u can try liars game. 
Edited by ..geeth.. - 8 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..geeth..

I would suggest u to continue watching Kill Me Heal Me.. have little patience. Its an awesome drama. 

yeah! i have noticed.. KMHM is almost in everybody's fvt list.. hehe.. Ji Sung is a superb actor.. loved him in Secret... 
will cont with KMHM first.. :D

Another shows i liked is Reply 1997, Reply 1988, Sassy Go Go,love cusine(t), rich man poor woman(j), buzzer beat (j), cunning single lady (k), Full House( Thai), Kiss Me (Thai), cheese in the trap(ongoing), autumn's concerto (t). 
P.S most of them r rom coms 😆 actions i suggest city hunter, ogoborus(j), u can try liars game. 

haha..all are rom-com... .
sure.. will check the summary and plot of these... :D
thanks a bunch... [=
-Akki

..geeth.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
In Kill Me Heal Me there is a second lead heroine.. u will absolutely love her 😳
for some horror watch maters sun and oh my  ghost 😳
Edited by ..geeth.. - 8 years ago
DamRyeong thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..geeth..

In Kill Me Heal Me there is a second lead heroine.. u will absolutely love her 😳

for some horror watch maters sun and oh my  ghost 😳

sure.. thanks again dear.. (=
will cont watching KMHM tomorrow.. watching second last episode of Healer.. (=
melody442 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Make sure to finish KMHM. That one is not to be missed at any cost. Then I Hear Your Voice. It's mainly a rom com but its never too mushy. Besides it has a very strong antagonist hell bent on taking revenge from leads, so the thriller sub plot is pivotal to the story.
City Hunter is also a good option for Action/ thriller genre. Since you are interested in historical dramas, you can try Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It was appreciated a lot. Though I haven't seen it, but a historical C Drama Nirvana in Fire has got extremely good reviews. So you can check that one too. Coming to current shows, Cheese in the Trap is doing pretty well.Edited by -enchanted- - 8 years ago
NivFemirist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well the list of shows i watched are as follows :
1.oh my ghostess
2. oh my venus
3. master's sun
4. Secret love
5. kill me heal me
6. she was pretty
only 6 shows😆 but i liked all of them but if I have to pick fav then KMHM⭐️
Master's sun and oh my ghostess are rom-com + horror and I ll pick Master's sun among these 2
She was pretty  is rom-com and nowhere related to action😛

Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Watch City Hunter for great action and some romance. 

Watch Pinochhio for great storyline and satire.

Watch KMHM because it's the best show EVER.

Watch Secret Garden for mind blowing comedy.

Watch Reply 1997 and 1988 for family, friendship and little romance and great comedy.

Lastly, watch Autumn's Concerto for the most beautiful couple and so many FEELZ <3
DamRyeong thumbnail
Originally posted by: -enchanted-

Make sure to finish KMHM. That one is not to be missed at any cost. Then I Hear Your Voice. It's mainly a rom com but its never too mushy. Besides it has a very strong antagonist hell bent on taking revenge from leads, so the thriller sub plot is pivotal to the story.
City Hunter is also a good option for Action/ thriller genre. Since you are interested in historical dramas, you can try Sungkyunkwan Scandal. It was appreciated a lot. Though I haven't seen it, but a historical C Drama Nirvana in Fire has got extremely good reviews. So you can check that one too. Coming to current shows, Cheese in the Trap is doing pretty well.

contd with KMHM and i'm loving the show.. Ji Sung is simply superb in all his roles..
Yo-Na screaming Oppa and Oh Ri On screaming little sister is my fvt.. 🤣
and thanks for all sugg pal.. :D
will make a list.. 😳
DamRyeong thumbnail
Originally posted by: NivFemirist

well the list of shows i watched are as follows :
1.oh my ghostess
2. oh my venus
3. master's sun
4. Secret love
5. kill me heal me
6. she was pretty
only 6 shows😆 but i liked all of them but if I have to pick fav then KMHM⭐️
Master's sun and oh my ghostess are rom-com + horror and I ll pick Master's sun among these 2
She was pretty  is rom-com and nowhere related to action😛

cool.. i have watched 3 of them.. making a list of all sugg.. will watch those asap..
thanks a lot for recommendations.. 😳