Celebrity Fan Clubs

Its all about Priyanka Chopra #Thread

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Welcome to the world of Priyanka Chopra, We can discuss about priyanka here and appreciate her for her acheivements and discuss about her upcoming projects 😳

ABOUT PRIYANKA -
Priyanka Chopra (born on 18 July 1982) is an Indian film actress and singer, and the winner of the Miss World pageant of 2000. Through her film career, she has become one of Bollywood's highest-paid actresses and one of the most popular and high-profile celebrities in India. Chopra is cited by various media outlets as the world's sexiest Asian woman, as well as one of the most fashionable Indian celebrities. She has received numerous awards and nominations, including a National Film Award for Best Actress, and five Filmfare Awards, and was awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, by the Government of India in 2016.

Although Chopra initially aspired to study engineering or psychiatry, she accepted offers to join the Indian film industry, which came as a result of her pageant wins, making her acting debut in the Tamil film Thamizhan in 2002. The following year, she starred in The Hero, her first Hindi film release, and followed it with the box-office hits Andaaz and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. She later earned wide critical praise for her breakout role in the 2004 thriller Aitraaz. By 2006, Chopra had established herself as a leading actress of Hindi cinema with leading roles in the highly successful films Krrish and Don. The 2008 drama Fashion marked a turning point in her career, earning her critical acclaim as well as the National Film Award for Best Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Actress. She subsequently gained recognition for her versatility in portraying a range of unconventional characters in films such as Kaminey (2009), What's Your Raashee? (2009), 7 Khoon Maaf (2011), Barfi! (2012), Mary Kom (2014), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), and Bajirao Mastani (2015), all of which garnered her wide critical acclaim and several accolades. In 2015, she began starring as Alex Parrish on the ABC drama Quantico, becoming the first South Asian woman to headline an American network series.

In addition to her acting career, Chopra participates in stage shows, has written columns for newspapers, and is a prominent celebrity endorser for brands and products. She released her first single "In My City" in 2012. Her second single "Exotic" debuted in 2013, and charted in countries such as the United States and Canada. Chopra is noted for her philanthropic activities, and was appointed as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010. She promotes various causes such as environment, health and education, women empowerment and women's rights, and is particularly vocal about women's issues, including safety, gender equality, and gender pay inequality. Though she is reticent to discuss her personal life in public, her off-screen life is the subject of substantial media coverage in India.

EARLY LIFE BACKGROUND -
Priyanka Chopra was born on 18 July 1982 in Jamshedpur, Bihar (now in Jharkhand), to Ashok and Madhu Chopra, both physicians in the Indian Army. Her father was a Punjabi, while her mother is from Jharkhand.She has a brother, Siddharth, who is seven years her junior. Actress Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra and Mannara are her cousins. Due to her parents' occupations the family relocated to a number of places in India, including Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, Bareilly, and Pune. Among the schools she attended were La Martiniere Girls' School in Lucknow and St. Maria Goretti College in Bareilly. In an interview published in Daily News and Analysis, Chopra said that she did not mind travelling regularly and changing schools; she welcomed it as a new experience and a way to discover India's multicultural society.Among the many places that she lived, Chopra has fond memories as a child of playing in the valleys of Leh, in the cold northwestern Indian desert region of Jammu and Kashmir. She has said, "I think I was in Class 4 when I was in Leh. My brother was just born. My dad was in the army and was posted there. I stayed in Leh for a year and my memories of that place are tremendous ... We were all army kids there. We weren't living in houses, we were in bunkers in the valley and there was a stupa right on top of a hill which used to overlook our valley. We used to race up to the top of the stupa". She now considers Bareilly her home town, and maintains strong connections there.

At the age of thirteen, Chopra moved to the United States to study, living with her aunt, and attending schools in Newton, Massachusetts, and Cedar Rapids, Iowa, after a stop in Queens, New York, as her aunt's family also moved frequently. While in Massachusetts, she participated in several theatre productions and studied Western classical music, choral singing and Kathak dance.During her teenage years in America, Chopra sometimes faced racial issues and was bullied for being Indian by an African-American classmate. She has said, "I was a gawky kid, had low self-esteem, came from a modest middle-class background, had white marks on my legs ... But I was damn hard working. Today, my legs sell 12 brands."

After three years, Chopra returned to India, finishing the senior year of her high-school education at the Army Public School in Bareilly. During this period, she won the local "May Queen" beauty pageant, after which she was pursued by admirers, leading her family to equip their home with bars for her protection. Her mother then entered her in the Femina Miss India contest of 2000;] she finished second,[a] winning the Femina Miss India World title. Chopra then went on to the Miss World pageant, where she was crowned Miss World 2000 and Miss World Continental Queen of Beauty"Asia & Oceania at the Millennium Dome in London on 30 November 2000.Chopra was the fifth Indian contestant to win Miss World, and the fourth to do so in seven years. She had enrolled in college, but left after winning the Miss World pageant. Chopra said that the Miss India and Miss World titles brought her recognition, and she then began receiving offers for film roles.

Chopra has maintained a strong relationship with her family, including her younger brother, Siddharth, and lives in an apartment on the same floor as her family. She was especially close to her father, who died in June 2013 in 2012 she got a tattoo reading "Daddy's lil girl", in his handwriting. Having not come from a film background, she describes herself as a self-made woman. Her mother, a well-established gynaecologist in Bareilly, gave up her practice to support Chopra as she embarked upon a film career
Edited by palakluvsabhiya - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Movies done by priyanka -

Jai Gangaajal (2016)
Priyanka Chopra, Prakash Jha, Manav Kaul, Rahul Bhat, Queen Harish, Ninad Kamat
Bajirao Mastani (2015)
Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Tanvi Azmi, Vaibbhav Tatwawdi, Mahesh Manjrekar
Dil Dhadakne Do (2015)
Farhan Akhtar, Ranveer Singh, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma, Anil Kapoor, Shifaali Shah
Mary Kom (2014)
Priyanka Chopra, Darshan Kumaar, Rajni Basumatary, Linn Laisshram, Danny Denzongpa, Minakkshi Kalitaa
Gunday (2014)
Ranveer Singh, Arjun Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Irrfan Khan, Victor Banerjee, Darshan Gujar
Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela (2013)
Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Gulshan Devaiah, Richa Chadda, Abhimanyu Shekhar Singh, Shveta Salve, Priyanka Chopra
Krrish 3 (2013)
Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi, Arif Zakaria, Kangna Ranaut, Shaurya Chauhan
Zanjeer (2013)
Ram Charan, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt, Mahie Gill, Prakash Raj, Atul Kulkarni
Shootout At Wadala (2013)
John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Ronit Roy, Siddhant Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra
Deewana Main Deewana (2013)
Govinda, Priyanka Chopra, Kader Khan, Himani Shivpuri, Prem Chopra, Nazir Khan
Barfi! (2012)
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Ileana DCruz, Akash Khurana, Sumona Chakravarti, Ashish Vidyarthi
Teri Meri Kahaani (2012)
Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Neha Sharma, Prachi Desai, Surendra Pal, Raj Singh Arora
Agneepath (2012)
Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt, Rishi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Om Puri
Don 2 (2011)
Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta, Boman Irani, Om Puri, Kunal Kapoor
Ra.one (2011)
Shahrukh Khan, Arjun Rampal, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Sanjay Dutt, Satish Shah
7 Khoon Maaf (2011)
Priyanka Chopra, Neil Nitin Mukesh, Naseeruddin Shah, John Abraham, Irfan Khan, Usha Uthup
Anjaana Anjaani (2010)
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Zayed Khan, Pooja Kumar, Vishal Malhotra, Tanvi Azmi
Pyaar Impossible! (2010)
Priyanka Chopra, Uday Chopra, Dino Morea, Anupam Kher, Saidah Jules
What Your Raashee? (2009)
Priyanka Chopra, Harman Baweja, Anjan Shrivastava, Visswa Badola, Rajesh Vivek, Dilip Jos
Kaminey (2009)
Shahid Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Amol Gupte, Chandan Roy Sanyal
Billu (2009)
Shahrukh Khan, Irfan Khan, Lara Dutta, Rajpal Yadav, Om Puri, Asrani, Priyanka Chopra
Dostana (2008)
John Abraham, Priyanka Chopra, Kiron Kher, Abhishek Bachchan, Boman Irani
Fashion (2008)
Priyanka Chopra, Kangna Ranaut, Arjan Bajwa, Mugdha Godse, Arbaaz Khan, Harsh Chhaya
Drona (2008)
Abhishek Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Kay Kay Menon
Chamku (2008)
Bobby Deol, Priyanka Chopra, Irfan Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Rajpal Yadav, Deepal Shaw
God Tussi Great Ho (2008)
Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Manisha Koirala, Rukhsar, Sohail Khan, Satish Kaushik, Priyanka Chopra
Love Story 2050 (2008)
Boman Irani, Archana Puran Singh, Rachit Trehan, Harman Baweja, Priyanka Chopra, Harsh Vasishtha
My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves (2008)
Nikhil Dwivedi, Amrita Rao, D Santosh, Lilete Dubey, Pawan Malhotra, Mukesh Tiwari, Priyanka Chopra
Big Brother (2007)
Sunny Deol, Priyanka Chopra, Shahbaaz Khan, Sayaji Shinde, Farida Jalal, Avtar Gill
Salaam-e-ishq (2007)
Salman Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Juhi Chawla, Anil Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna, Ayesha Takia
Don (2006)
Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra, Kareena Kapoor, Arjun Rampal, Om Puri, Isha Koppikar
Aap Ki Khatir (2006)
Akshaye Khanna, Priyanka Chopra, Amisha Patel, Dino Morea, Sunil Shetty, Anupam Kher
Krrish (2006)
Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Rekha, Naseeruddin Shah, Sharat Saxena, Puneet Isaar
Alag (2006)
Vinod Khanna, Diya Mirza, Akshay Kapoor, Jayant Kriplani, Sharat Saxena, Mukesh Tiwari, Priyanka Chopra
Bluffmaster (2005)
Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Ritesh Deshmukh, Nana Patekar, Boman Irani
Karam (2005)
John Abraham, Priyanka Chopra, Shiney Ahuja, Bharat Dabholkar, Anjan Srivastava, Shabana Raza
Yakeen (2005)
Arjun Rampal, Priyanka Chopra, Kim Sharma
Waqt (2005)
Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Shefali Shah, Boman Irani
Blackmail (2005)
Ajay Devgan, Diya Mirza, Sunil Shetty, Priyanka Chopra
Barsaat (2005)
Bobby Deol, Priyanka Chopra, Bipasha Basu
Aitraaz (2004)
Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Paresh Rawal, Annu Kapoor, Amrish Puri
Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004)
Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Priyanka Chopra, Rajpal Yadav, Satish Shah, Amrish Puri
Asambhav (2004)
Arjun Rampal, Priyanka Chopra, Naseruddin Shah, Sharat Saxena, Yashpal Sharma, Mukesh Rishi
Kismat (2004)
Bobby Deol, Priyanka Chopra, Kabir Bedi, Sanjay Navekar, Mohan Joshi, Smita Jaykar

Plan (2004)
Sanjay Dutt, Sanjay Suri, Dino Morea, Bikram Saluja, Rohit Roy, Priyanka Chopra
Andaaz (2003)
Akshay Kumar, Lara Dutta, Priyanka Chopra, Aman Verma, Johny Lever, Vivek Shauq
The Hero (2003)
Sunny Deol, Preity Zinta, Priyanka Chopra, Amrish Puri, Kabir Bedi, Rajpal Yadav,
Witchofthewest thumbnail
Songs Sung by Priyanka Chopra-

Jana-Gan-Mana National Anthem Lyrics - Jai Gangaajal: The End Game (2016)
by Chorus, Priyanka Chopra
Dil Dhadakne Do (Title) Lyrics - Dil Dhadakne Do (2015)
by Farhan Akhtar, Priyanka Chopra
Taste Me Love Me Lyrics - Schmitten Chocolate - TV Commercial
by Priyanka Chopra
Chaoro Lyrics - Mary Kom (2014)
by Priyanka Chopra
I Can't Make You Love Me Lyrics - Exotic (2013)
by Priyanka Chopra
Exotic (Title) Lyrics - Exotic (2013)
by Pitbull, Priyanka Chopra
Erase (Title) Lyrics - Erase (2012)
by Priyanka Chopra
In My City (Title) Lyrics - In My City (2012)
by Priyanka Chopra, Will.I.Am

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Rules-
1.No bashing
2.Discussions regarding Priyanka Only
3 Do not quote too much 😳

PcManiacs -
1.Palakluvsabhiya
2.lovegood
3.Gauahargeous_N
4.BollyFanLuver
5.DelusionalMe

HIT LIKE TO GET ADDED TO MEMBERS LIST**Edited by palakluvsabhiya - 8 years ago
Witchofthewest thumbnail
For me Pc Is global Entertainer 😳
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: palakluvsabhiya

For me Pc Is global Entertainer 😳

I second that. She is the only Bollywood actress I love.
Witchofthewest thumbnail
Originally posted by: DelusionalMe

I second that. She is the only Bollywood actress I love.

yeah thats why she has so many haters   ðŸ˜†
People are just jealous 😳
Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: palakluvsabhiya

yeah thats why she has so many haters   ðŸ˜†
People are just jealous 😳

I understand. But then the lady doesn't give a damn. I like her positivity.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Intelligently Hotty.. 
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There is a separate Forum called Celebrity Fan Clubs for such threads. You should shift this over there before moderator closes this. Edited by Faberica - 8 years ago