The big fat wedding!-vipul gupta!

Posted: 17 years ago
The big fat wedding!

With the wedding season beckoning, lavish dos are in the air! They have become more of a trend than a tradition to be followed! Unaccountable dough is coughed up on designer gear, mammoth sets that serve as venues, gastronomical delights and basically the khatirdari of the guests!!!

But more than an occasion it epitomizes one's social status, a opportunity for up manship!

Actors from showbiz witness these lavish nuptials quite regularly. Here's what they have to say about the green notes being pumped into it and also, how would they would prefer their special moment to be! Riya V Anandwala talks to them.

Vipul Gupta

Marriage is a very personal thing. But spending shit loads of money in a way is wastage! People live in a hand to mouth situation and these bigwigs lavishly spend crores and crores of rupees. And it is also a bad show off.
My marriage, though won't be simple, but will have at least one big function. You see we marry just onceโ€ฆ

Shweta Gulati

It's all about living upto one's standard. People who shell out tons of rupees just for a wedding do it as their social status demands that. And yes, I won't term it as flaunting.
Personally, I would go in for a quiet yet lavish wedding without spending a lot.

Nigaar Z Khan

According to me marriage is a private affair and calling and everyone makes it difficult for the bride and bridegroom to have their breathing space. If one has extra money that can be saved and also, some good work can be done of it.
Whenever I marry I will make it a very small function inviting those who are close to me. Unnecessarily calling people is not something I would do!

Barkha Bhist

Marriages are being too commercialized these days. I have heard that people call choreographers to train the couple for pheras, don't you think it's preposterous? Fashion shows and dance performances too are a vital part of these lavish weddings. I would want to follow all the customs and traditions but only with my close ones around me.

Rahil Azam

Indians are getting influenced by the western culture. In Jaan-e-man, even the engagement function was lavishly done up. There is no need though, but if one has the money then why not? I don't think it's a kind of show off.
The day I marry I just want my parents and my would-be wife to be there and that's it. But yes, if my mother wants me to have a grand wedding then I would spend a fortune for it!

ven i 1st read d topic thread i was lik "WOW!!!!Vipul's gonna get married.......d gurl whum hell marry vud b a realli lucky yaar" ๐Ÿ˜ณ.....

b/w t4s ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› Edited by crazy_heenz - 17 years ago
i am marrying him ๐Ÿ˜‰
and dont worry i wil call you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š
thanks 4 sharing!yup the girl who ll marry vipul would be reeli lucky!and i love his honesty about marriage!
๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally posted by preet_ic

i am marrying him ๐Ÿ˜‰
and dont worry i wil call you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ˜Š

preeti......i thot u ver my frnd๐Ÿ˜ญu traitor......"gaddar"๐Ÿ˜‰

y dont u stick 2 ur fav dillu๐Ÿ˜‰.....dont kp ur eyes everyver..........as it is dillu's queue is not very long๐Ÿ˜›

if Vipuls gonna marry one of his fans den its gonna b ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............ya i do agree dat d age diff b/w 28 n 16 is quite huge.....but dats okay๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

ya but in dat case ill marry him ven im 18...........cuz once on indya chat ven one of his fans asked him vthr he vud marry her he said dat he vud b in jail if he married her (acc to d age limit).......so i wont allow him 2 make dat xcuse๐Ÿ˜‰

n preeti......u gotta stop dreamin of u n vips okay..........cuz this queue is quite long n im ahead of u in it๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

Originally posted by crazy_heenz

y dont u stick 2 ur fav dillu๐Ÿ˜‰.....dont kp ur eyes everyver..........as it is dillu's queue is not very long๐Ÿ˜›

if Vipuls gonna marry one of his fans den its gonna b ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............ya i do agree dat d age diff b/w 28 n 16 is quite huge.....but dats okay๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

ya but in dat case ill marry him ven im 18...........cuz once on indya chat ven one of his fans asked him vthr he vud marry her he said dat he vud b in jail if he married her (acc to d age limit).......so i wont allow him 2 make dat xcuse๐Ÿ˜‰

n preeti......u gotta stop dreamin of u n vips okay..........cuz this queue is quite long n im ahead of u in it๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›

Dear u r too young.So drop the idea.vaise bhi v(i n vips pf course) hav already decided abt our shaadi๐Ÿ˜ณ.i ll reveal the plans widin few days.Sorry ppl.๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by Super Kool

Dear u r too young.So drop the idea.vaise bhi v(i n vips pf course) hav already decided abt our shaadi๐Ÿ˜ณ.i ll reveal the plans widin few days.Sorry ppl.๐Ÿ˜ก

Hey vat bout Sallu den???????

C im tellin u ppl dat u hav Sallu......n Preeti has Dillu.......well i don know nything bout d remainin ppl........

but im d only prson whus been faithful 2 vipul since d beginnin of IC.....i really hav a HUGE crush on him since i saw him in d epi in vich he makes Chand say "Adi rox...."........

Oh ya n im not SOO young also.....im in FY......n ill b an adult after 2 yrs๐Ÿ˜ณ.....cant wait๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
you said it Heena. you have a crush on him, it is infatuation and not real love. I love dillu(side mein) and Adi full time. ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by crazy_heenz

gaddar!!!!!!  no u always said that you liked him, you never mentioned that you want to marry him. So, I will have both Dillu and Adi for myself. Abhi tum dono padhai par dhyan do. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

no probs guys!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
u r welcome!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜†