Don't want youth to get inspired by Sunny Leone: Prasoon Joshi

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Don't want youth to get inspired by Sunny Leone: Prasoon Joshi

Bollywood Lyricist Prasoon Joshi recently said that he does not like Sunny Leone's past profession of a po*n Star and that he doesn't want the youth of India to get inspired by it.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 | 4:32:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 
 1 Comments | Copyright: India-forums.com/Bollywood

For a long time now, Sunny Leone has been in the headlines for her recent controversial interview. There were many B-town celebrities who came up in support of the actress and applauded her for her sincere replies to the ruthless questions thrown on her.

During a recent event that was held to mark the 10 years of the cult film 'Rang De Basanti', when Aamir Khan was asked to react on it he gave a clear cut reply that he is not concerned with her past profession if he has to work with her.

"When I saw the interview, I was hurt. I felt really bad. I think if there is a good script and nice character, then I don't have any problem to work with her. I have nothing to do with her personal life. She is a women and I respect her. I seriously would like to work with her. I hope that she would also like to work with me." Aamir told while celebrating the 10th anniversary of his film 'Rang De Basanti'.

While Aamir had a straight forward answer to it, Prasoon had a rather exaggerated opinion.

He said, "It's not necessary that a profession has to be good and if that's not good then it should be criticized. I do not respect Sunny Leone's past profession at all and I don't even want the youth to get inspired by that. But, that doesn't mean that you make her stand in the witness box and insult her."

Prasoon further explained, "It should also not be taken in the wrong sense. Like if the person is a drug dealer, I might not like his profession and will also go on to say that you should not do it. But, at the end that's his personal choice and if he comes in front of me I will not disrespect or insult him. That probably my culture doesn't allow."

"But at the same time, I wouldn't encourage the profession either. Certain professions don't play a constructive role in bringing up a great society; we need to criticize them as well. I think that's a free society, people have choices to make. But if the choices are not great, then we need to criticize. I think we need to draw a fine line; it is not such a black and white subject," he concluded.