Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

babur1527 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: mystic786

@bold And I agree with yours 😆👍🏼 Anyways about the movie, I think it's production value, sets, costumes, actors, soundtrack (omg it was mesmerizing) were absolutely brilliant but the downfall of the movie was obviously the historical inaccuracies and the over emphasis on Ashoka's love story. 🤢🤢 

I agree, Ashoka and Asandhimitra's story would've been a delight to watch. I feel like their relationship was much similar to what Ashoka and Ahankara had shared with each other, like Ahankara had said, "Ashok aur mera ek ankaha sa rishta hai" and "hum dono ek doosre ke liye bane hain". There was this level of maturity and understanding that they shared with each other (that too, at such a young age) which was absolutely endearing to watch. That is why I was so disappointed when Ahankara did not turn out to be Asandhimitra. 

Yes, Asandhimitra could definitely be a more positive version of Helena. I think that she should be portrayed as possessing all the qualities that you mentioned. 

@bold I couldn't agree more. The CVs are obviously portraying Karuvaki as a warrior princess and I absolutely hate it. It's such a cliche that only warrior princesses can be independent, smart, witty and strong. Look at Helena, for example, she does not fight with swords etc. but she is one hell of a powerful woman and empress, mainly due to her intellect. 

Even I assumed that Ahankara would be Asandhimitra. Ahankara chose Ashok's family over her and she loves him unconditionally.  The way their bond was forged in the most difficult of times was unique in the sense it was done in such a believable way.

KVK bickers with him, condescends him, hates his family and she looks and acts like a pre-pubescent child. It looks forced and unnatural. How are we supposed to buy Ashok falling for this immature halfwit CVs? 🤢

And as for Kaurwaki being the love of his life. That is wrong too. Not to say Ashok didn't love her. After Asandhimitra died it was her attendant that became Ashok's chief consort presumably according to Asandhimitra's last wishes. 

So it doesn't make sense that Ashok only loved Kaurwaki and the rest of his wives were just for political benefits. 😳

Edited by babur1527 - 8 years ago
mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I absolutely loved Ahankara's character, she would've been the perfect wife for Ashoka. 

She stood up for what's right. She, herself, started to despise her parents for what they did and thus, supported Ashoka and his family. Now that is a true princess, just like Ashoka had said. 

I can never imagine Karuvaki of CAS doing this 🤢 if she had a choice like Ahankara did, she would definitely support her family instead of Ashoka's. And I can also easily imagine those long bhaashans that she would give him about the Mauryans being this and the Mauryans being that. 😡 

As for Ashoka and Ahankara's bond, it was definitely unique. Their story was written in such an artistic way and looked so realistic that I could easily feel their pain, suffering, helplessness, joy etc. It had all the makings of a great love story.

As for Karuvaki's characterization, she is absolutely intolerable. 🤢 This backstabber isn't even worth making friends with, so I have no idea how anyone, let alone Ashoka, can fall in love with her 🤢🤢 That too, after meeting and befriending someone like Ahankara. The CVs need a shrink asap   Here is a simple logic -  If someone's good: we like, if someone's bad: we don't like. I agree with the common notion that she was only introduced to boost TRPs after Chanakya's death. 

I'm also not saying that Ashoka didn't love Karuvaki but she was NOT the "love of his life". If that was the case, then it would've been mentioned at least somewhere. And no, the Queen Edict does not suffice as proof of Ashoka's "undying love for her". The only women who have been cited as his loved ones are Devi and Asandhimitra.

Also, there is no record of Ashoka gaining any political benefits by marrying any of his wives. For eg - Chandragupta gained many lands as part of his matrimonial alliance with Seleucus I Nicator's daughter and this has been recorded. 

Originally posted by: babur1527

Even I assumed that Ahankara would be Asandhimitra. Ahankara chose Ashok's family over her and she loves him unconditionally.  The way their bond was forged in the most difficult of times was unique in the sense it was done in such a believable way.

KVK bickers with him, condescends him, hates his family and she lookes and acts like a pre-pubescent child. It looks forced and unnatural. How are we supposed to buy Ashok falling for this immature halfwit CVs? 🤢

And as for Kaurwaki being the love of his life. That is wrong too. Not to say Ashok didn't love her. After Asandhimitra died it was her attendant that became Ashok's chief consort presumably according to Asandhimitra's last wishes. 

So it doesn't make sense that Ashok only loved Kaurwaki and the rest of his wives were just for political benefits. 😳

Edited by mystic786 - 8 years ago