Siya Ke Ram

Accent of Karthik Jayaram who plays Raawan is not upto mark!

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey Guys,
The actor, Karthik Jayaram who plays Raawan in Siya Ke Ram does not pronounce some Hindi words well. His accent is not upto the mark. 
May be its because he belongs to Kannada industry and does not know how to speak Hindi language well. 

Anyway, otherwise his work is decent.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peachpie thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
He is depicting perfect Ravan! True that his hindi pronunciation is with the southern touch! But as Ravan belongs to Lanka "Lankapati" it does not matter! He will improve day by day.
ya even though his voice is amazing his accent is a bit south...and slowly it will b fine but was he supposed to have an accent as he is from Lanka?
*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: peachpie

He is depicting perfect Ravan! True that his hindi pronunciation is with the southern touch! But as Ravan belongs to Lanka "Lankapati" it does not matter! He will improve day by day.

If we keep aside his incorrect accent as it sounds more southern, than he is depicting Raawan nicely.
I think pronunciation does matter. He may improve day by day but right now when he speaks Hindi, some of the words just does not sound right to me.
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: *Dev.*

Hey Guys,

The actor, Karthik Jayaram who plays Raawan in Siya Ke Ram does not pronounce some Hindi words well. His accent is not upto the mark. 
May be its because he belongs to Kannada industry and does not know how to speak Hindi language well. 

Anyway, otherwise his work is decent.

yup but he will improve with time moreover the accent dosnt maater because the makers are very cleaverly using his flaws into an opputunity as lanka belong to South his accent depicts it quite well.

And moreover he is perfect ravvan he is doing a fab job i know what hard works the cast is putting..JK is learning hindi ...and i must say he has learned it so fast but way to go ...😊

i am sure ..he will do fab in coming episode ...obviously in acent too

but i like his southern touch Accent it just fit to the background of lanka!!😃
Sanhkika thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I hv seen his iv on sbs...really he's trying hard on hindi language
popeye thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Yup his accent and diction is not upto the mark.. his acting is otherwise good but he really needs to work on his diction.
Raavan was a scholar and extremely well versed with sankrit and the veda's. I dont think he had an accent as at the time there was no such thing as variations and accents everyone mostly must have spokem sanskit.
siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
True sanskrit was the spoken language among the elite those days. Ravan was a scholar so there shouldn't be a bad accent etc. The actor will have to improve his diction.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Back in the vedic times, there was no such thing as "North Indian accent" and "South Indian accent". In fact, the North vs. South did not exist. Everyone spoke in Sanskrit.
riyaroses thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Arre... his pronunciation adding an authentic touch since Lanka is in South :)