Siya Ke Ram

Asian Age:Rohit Bakshi to play Shiva in Siya Ke Ram

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
TOI:Rohit Bakshi to enter 'Siya Ke Ram' as Shiva

Rohit Bakshi, who is known for playing challenging roles on small screen is all set to do it yet. The actor last in 'Maharakshak Devi' as Brihaspati is reported to have been finalised for a prominent in Star Plus' 'Siya Ke Ram'. He will play Lord Shiva on the mythological saga. According to reports in the media, Rohit has signed already singed the dotted line and will start shooting for the show.

TNN

Rohit Bakshi to play Shiva in Siya Ke Ram

Rohit Bakshi opens up on playing Lord Shiva in the mythological magnum opus Siya Ke Ram, comparisons with Mohit Raina and more.

You have previously said that you wanted to play a mythological character " the wait was long but worth it?

They were looking for someone who had a calm look to play Lord Shiva. I was casually dressed for the look test. They just saw me and said that I'd be ideal for the show. I guess my smile clinched the deal.

Comparisons with Mohit Raina as Lord Shiva are inevitable. How are you planning to make an impression?

I know there will be comparisons since Mohit did a commendable job in Devo ke Dev Mahadev. Anybody who plays Lord Shiva will now have to do something extraordinary, otherwise the audience will not accept him. Incidentally, Siya ke Ram is also from the same production house. The fact that they have chosen me is an encouragement in itself. In Siya ke Ram, Lord Shiva is instrumental in taking the story forward. If they have trusted me with such a huge responsibility, I will make sure I deliver and live up to everyone's expectations.

Is it true that you are a big Shiv bhakt?

Yes, you can say that. If I were offered another God's role, I may not have taken it up, as mythology does not excite me. But thankfully it turned out to be a dream role. They are still developing my character. I will give it all I have. Let us see how it shapes up on the screen.

Are you nervous?
The only thing that is making me nervous is the shuddh Hindi!

Sameena Razzaq

Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
TFS i wish they could have brought Mohit raina...the original shiva ever...neverthless ...just see how rohit potrays it!!😛
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
let's see how he performs.
..sahana.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: antika11412

TFS i wish they could have brought Mohit raina...the original shiva ever...neverthless ...just see how rohit potrays it!!😛

oh, i wish that too!!!
Rush_25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Considering the show is produced by Nikil Sinha, why not Mohit as shiva!
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Not seen him. Will be good Coz I have total faith in Nikhil Sinha. He is bang on on selections
Sutapasima thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: TOTAL-ROMANTIC

Not seen him. Will be good Coz I have total faith in Nikhil Sinha. He is bang on on selections

Hello Hema 
so nice to meet you after  PKYEK forum 
Edited by Sutapasima - 8 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: ..sahana..

oh, i wish that too!!!

Mohit Raina is not the only person who can play Shiva. He was good, but other actors also deserve a chance. After all, if multiple people can play Ram, why can't others play Shiva? 
Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

Mohit Raina is not the only person who can play Shiva. He was good, but other actors also deserve a chance. After all, if multiple people can play Ram, why can't others play Shiva? 

yup sure why not is just a wish coz thr production of both the show are same...so thats why no problem sure...i am sure rohit will put all justice to the character..
Sutapasima thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: antika11412

yup sure why not is just a wish coz thr production of both the show are same...so thats why no problem sure...i am sure rohit will put all justice to the character..

am so happy to see Mohit back 👏👏