Happy Anniversary, Software Symphonies!

Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Happy Anniversary, SoSy!!!
One year, of Software Symphonies.
#JoyToTheWorld #HowTimeFlies #BeyondOverjoyed

Nisha,

One year ago, during my last Christmas break as a student, I was rabbit-holing on the Yeh Hai Mohabbatein forum. 

I saw this "Software Symphonies" (with about 11 chapters back then, I think)... I didn't think it was related to YHM, but decided to read through the first chapter either way. I was hooked, but then got busy with family stuff. 

By the time I got back home, and opened up the bookmarked Software Symphonies thread, Nisha had written up a whopping 40-something chapters! Needless to say, I drank it all up (within 3 days, by when the chapter count was 50), like a dehydrated traveller. And, I couldn't help but review it. I was so in love with II and R&B, and Vandu & Sam, Bala & Tan, and Appa & Dad, and Amma, Bally.

From being just a lazy grad student... 
to writing random, nonsensical rambling reviews... 
to inventing diseases (remember BibilioErotic Asphyxiation?)... 
to making up names for Ashu (JungleeSuperBillee was agreed upon, if my memory serves me right)... 
to running random campaigns (#NoBratsOnHike, #StayInDIILongerAandolan 🤣)... 
to having an entire chapter (or two) dedicated to me ('Nazar Milana & Naked Guards', for starters)...
to getting a super cool end-of-name-suffix-tag-thing ('Arya The Illustrator', courtesy Orangen)... 
to Feminist v/s FanGirl...
to disappearing for months on end (courtesy real life)... 
to catching up with a truck-load of chapters (#BingeReading)... 
to coming back here (and being welcomed back like the prodigal son 😆)...
to being an employed almost-adult (who still does almost all the above)...

It's been a journey with it's ups and downs... To chatting all the time and eating up threads with Ashu... To reading Nivi's poems... To drooling over R&B with everyone... To crazy fights over crazy things... To losing Nivi (and trying to come to terms with it, a bright life that was put out far too soon)... To crying with II, and growling with R&B... 

SoSy has long stopped being just a story. It's a part of my life. 

I've sympathised with II, seen myself in her, on so many days... Her insanity, her insecurities, her choice in men. Everything. 
I've cried with her, laughed with her. Hell, I've even PMS-ed with her (allusion to that one time II & I were PMS-ing together. Thank you, Nisha).
In R&B, I've seen the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. Hot, smart, sexy, suave, tall, and silent
We wanted to clone him and make enough copies so that we (#R&BFanGirlGang) don't fight over him. And, then decided, we'd also clone Nisha while we're at it 😛 Here
"Two to update SoSy (for romantic encounters, for people to people interactions, for trying to keep our thirst for updates satiated)
One to be a part of our insanity about SoSy
One to write a food blog
One to write a fashion blog
One for her family
One for her work"

And, then reality crept in, and I wasn't here as much as I used to be. But, my love for this space hasn't diminished. 

So. Nisha.
As a humble (🤣) thank you...
I've put together every (almost-)review I've ever written for SoSy, in the link below.
This is Software Symphonies, for me. Everything (almost) I've been a part of in #SoSyVerse
(You once asked me to take my reviews on the road, for keeps. This is it. I've done it.)

Thank you, Nisha.
For Software Symphonies, the story that has become an alternate reality for me.
Thank you for making my words almost prophetic.
For II, in whom I've seen me every single day, the woman I've cried and laughed with.
For every single crazy fun friend I've made here.
(Especially for Ashu, who has moved out of the boundaries of virtual friendship. )
And, more than everything.
Thank you... For R&B. The man who gets a reaction out of me that no mere mortal man can evoke, the man who makes me appreciate possessiveness.

Here's to (at the very least) a decade of II & R&B and their never-ending life-love-story! 

Edited by Arya1991 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

WHERE TO START WELL SOSY FOR ME LIKE A FAMILY AND LIFE OTER THEN WHAT I M IN REAL. IT IS NOT JUST A FICTIONAL STORY FOR ME, IT IS A PLACE WHERE I LOOK FORWARD TO COME TO EVERYDAY NO MATTER WHAT AND HOW BUSY I M, I CANNOT RESIST MYSELF TO NOT COME HERE AS I CAN BE MYSELF HERE WITHOUT ANY COVER ON MY FACE!

I WAS NOT AN INDIA FORUM PERSON SO DIDN'T KNOW IT EXITS ALSO TILL NOVEMBER WHEN I WAS SEARCHING YHM VIDEOS FOR MY YOUNGER KID. THEN I CAME TO KNOW BOUT FORUM AND THEN SOSY. I STARTED READING IT FROM MARCH, FIRST UPDATE I READ WAS OF DUDE & II MEHENDI ONE AND THEN THERE WAS NO LOOKING BACK. TO TELL TRUTH IN STARTING I FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND DUE TO THE WAY OF WRITING BUT I CAME IN FORM QUITE SOON.

ALTHOUGH I STARTED READING THEN I NEVER COMMENTED OR PARTICIPATED IN THE THREAD DISSCUSION... BUT WHEN II BECAME PREGNANT I WAS SO OVERWHELMED AS SOMEONE NEAR TO ME EXPECTED, I WAS SO HAPPY I CONNOT RESIST MYSELF WITHOUT POSTING AND FROM THEN THERE IS NO LOKING BACK.

NOW I WONDER WHY DIDN'T I JOINED EARLIER...

ITS INCREDIBLE NISHA HOW YOU R UPDATING IT ON REGULAR BASIS FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW. YOU R REALLY AMAZING. THE WAY YOU HAVE CRAFTED EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER OF THE STORY IS MARVELOUS. ONLY YOU CAN DO IT. YOU ARE TRULLY BLESSED.

IT HAD GIVEN ME MANY FRIENDS WHOM I CAN CHERISH FOR LIFE

AGAIN THANK YOU NISHA AND MAY WE CELEBRATE MANY MANY ANNIVERSARIES WITH EACH OTHER

Edited by sonalgupta2004 - 8 years ago
SushSathisha thumbnail

SoSy, the word itself makes me jump in joy. the first update i read of SoSy was the chai in Paris. That one update out of blue was enough for me to fall in love with your writing. I started my journey with SoSy since then. From reading from first to following daily to making indexs i have enjoyed it super much. 

II is my favourite of all. So many ways i could connect with her. Be it her talking habit which matches mine, messing up her relations while trying o help or not able to express her love openly, she makes me adore her in every way. 

R&B, a person whom i adore a lot. He might be quite, simple, unexpressive but then he is someone who thinks logically. 

Togather if i start talking about II n the dude maybe ill never be able to stop. 

The side characters who are one of the mains in the story help in woving the story so beautifully, nisha believe me i feel like i am living the sosy in real like as if actually a Bhalla and Iyer and Batra family exists. 

I really want to thank you nisha for This story because of whom i have met many people who are just amazing. Putti, Sonal, Namrata, Nouf, Preeti and many many more people who are like one part of my day. Thank you so much
once again Happy Anniversary SOSY

Edited by sush_rddt - 8 years ago
Arya1991 thumbnail
A message from charlie1950:

"I came across SoSy by chance or by luck I would say and since then I'm hooked to it like never before to any other story I have read. It's close to my heart because there are my instances in the story which resonates with my life so it's makes it even more realistic for me.
We all live,breathe, eat,sleep this story. There is not a moment in our life wen we are not thinking about this story. We laugh,cry,chuckle as the story progress. We invested a lot of time in this virtual world of ours that we adore. It's our stress buster and sometimes it's the other way around but we still love it .
And this is for Nisha. We were always told to be wary of strangers but ur one stranger I wouldn't mind being friends with or to know u more.You are immensely talented. Ur a people's person.u bind people togethe with this story which is so vivid that sometimes I'm not even sure if it's virtual or real.i still hope some day this story get printed and I can have a copy of mine so that I could always go and read my favorite parts which are many.
Thanks  for writing this lovely breath taking story.thanks for showing us a glimpse of ur mind .merry Christmas everyone and hoping for a prosperous new year for everyone.
Love charlie"
avni_19 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
And here goes the surprise...😳

Please watch this video : Part 1 : Pre-Wedding Glimpses   

Part 2 :  Post-Wedding Glimpses   OR  

We had some copyright issues, hence Namratha posted the video. Thank you so much Nammu...!❤️🤗  The YT link will only work in  Laptop and Desktop.

Music Mix : Nikita
Video Part 1 by Nikita, Part 2 by Myself
Picture Edits : Munira, Nikita, Pavithra and Myself
Essay : By Myself

SoSy  for Me

Nisha, I thank you so much for bringing up this tale, it's not just a story but we are like a family here and I am glad that I am part of the SoSy Family.🤗

How it began:

Everything began in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein Forum where I was active, writing stories, posting comments, etc and every page I kept turning I find SoSy and kept wondering what it is.

As days passed, it went like thread 5 to thread 10 in few days time and I started getting curious. I had the urge to read but couldn't again. I was inactive from I-F due to personal reasons and had logged in after few months, I forgot about SoSy, basically didn't find it anywhere. Then my friend told me it's been shifted to Fan Fiction Forum. She urged me to read, my whatsapp SoSy group would be filled with SoSy messages, the discussions  after every update, and that kept me luring and I promised myself to read it right after exams. I had even bookmarked it so that I wouldn't lose the thread.

I started reading on July 10th 2015 at my residence in Pune.(vacation time) And I was so freaking hooked up that I almost gave up on my food and sleep! Haha! 😉😆

The current thread was somewhere between 32-35/36 and I was rushing to finish reading so that I could join my friends in discussion . I never commented, again I blame myself for being lazy, but I threw that aside and started commenting and I made really good friends in here, not personally chatted, but with whom all I interacted, all are SWEETHEARTS.❤️❤️

Highlights & Journey for me:

If I mention  which is my favorite, then I will have to post the whole SoSy here. Every bit of the tale, made me go crazy, thinking what is next, what will happen. I was literally praying that Appa should agree for their wedding! Haha! Sounds weird right, but I was that crazy. I would laugh loud reading II's monologues, my mom would give me weird stares, but I cared less for that. Hahaha! Nisha, I must tell the comic timing is so brilliant and perfect and I am sure you definitely have that funny bone in you, which makes you write this way and make us laugh our ass off. 🤣😉😛

As I kept reading, I was falling MORE for RnB and I still LOVE him!❤️❤️❤️

Good-Lord, everytime when II-RnB come closer, my heart beats rapidly, It was like RnB was coming closer to me! *facepalm*☺️☺️☺️

Nisha, you are a fantastic writer. The way you pulled the tale, each character looked so REAL, and I could definitely connect it with real life. I could see REAL people in there. I sometimes even think if it's your Personal REAL Life story, because I could find everything so real. 😉 I love all the characters mentioned in the tale, RnB, II, Nivi and Lasya being my favorites. I look forward for II-Lasya, RnB-Lasya scenes ALWAYS! ❤️❤️❤️

The songs you include, as the title suggests  Symphony, Ahhh... I just LOVE it!❤️

I have never been to Paris, and I know Zero French language. With this tale, my curiosity to learn French has just increased and the urge to visit Paris is just non-describable.❤️❤️❤️

And OMG, it's one year to SoSy.👏⭐️

Nisha, Happy 1st SoSy Anniversary and thank you so much for bringing this up. 😳🤗🥳

Shashtang Pranam At your feet...😃

With lots of Love, Hugs, Kisses,

Sunita Shankar (Kingdom of Bahrain, Middle-East)  I-F id : avni_19

And my friends: Akanksha (Delhi)
Nikita (Calcutta)
Pavithra (Malaysia)
Munira (Indore)
Pooja (Mumbai)

Edited by avni_19 - 8 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
So its one year of our sosy...😊still i cant believe i have this beautiful niche as my own(well,i know its nisha's...but for me,its my own...😉
my own kutti world...and i m not trying to categorise it as real or virtual...i am so sure that so many of us will feel heartbroken if we read rnb as just a character...we might scream like vibhu's kirron kher style Nooo!!!!)

Oho!too much rantings...i know u guys will not mind!😉
About my journey with sosy...I am so happy to say that its one of the best thing happened in my life...it started as this...

Once upon a time,i was a huuuge fan of yeh hai mohabbatein...ishita ruhi literally stole my heart...on top of it,i loved the three of the leads as they were flawless in acting...i found IF to read about yhm through desitvbox n found many writers here.as days passed,the creative writers of yhm made it a big mess n i was really disappointed...during those days,i used to notice a writer by name nisha is frequently updating a fan fiction.i had read the first part once,but couldnt understand about software deployment(sorry,two left foot in technological terms😆)
But thank God,one day she gave a title for one update with the word menopause...that striked me!(silly medico😆)
And read that update...
Then what happened?believe me!i took a piece of paper,wrote down the page nos of all updates n started reading(that was my study leave for final year mbbs😆)

Then reached the then current thread...started reading comments,went back to old pages n started reading comments too...was a bit afraid to talk in a social site...but this group made me talk.i created an id and started commenting...then what happened?I talked n talked n talked...i even talked when no one was present online...assumed myself as watchman many times...II n rnb world became my world too...(and dreamt about rnb whenever II was not around!!!!😉)

And i got a loott of friends...though i didnt know many of them in person,we connected through our words n our love for sosy...

Things all changed when we lost our nivi...though i hav nothing to compare myself with her,still i feel that she was me...her dreams,words were similar to my thoughts or rather say,her life n my dreams matched a lot...i dont think i will b able to get over that news...it still pricks...whenever i get happy or excited,this kills my inside
and cant get over the fact that she might had dreamt of all these things too like me...

More than II n rnb,sosy is something else to me...its a place where i sought comfort,i laughed,cried,learnt,mocked and found a new girl in me...for me,its not just a story...

And still I dont know how to thank nisha...but i sincerely express my love n gratitude to that superwoman,who was willing to give us a lot of her valuable time...thank God as he gave her such a writing skill...

Long live sosy...😊as u means a lot for me...

Love u sosy gang❤️

Arya1991 thumbnail
Message from Vikas (Mr.PsychoTech):

"It started all in the YHM Forum which I used to be part of, I didn't knew how it started neither did I care .SOSY just used to flash every time I refresh the page.I was not interested then I am lot more egoistic then not used to read many stories though neither am a reader now but for SOSY I could be anything.

I used to think what the hell is it how come there are that many updates in a day. Nisha is pretty fast can't match her speed.Then tried to read first chapter did'nt understand much so left it then .But I guess some magnetic attraction that pulled me I always used to notice SOSY thread.

Second thread running and it was just 10days old .Surprise Surprise it was a shocker for me then "WTH is it even possible?"(Now it no more surprises me)

Hmm ...  Have to see what it is so immediately asked my online sister I know I have many and even I don't know the list of them. So I asked another Nisha (Nichuss) who was reading SOSY before me.She told me its good and II's Banter are too well written.

Ok then Finally decided to read it whatever happen however.

14th January 2015 is the date and time is around 10 or 11 PM I don't remember I don't even Remember the day just did back checking.

I started my Mission to catch up SOSY.

Started reading didn't understand in the start (I mean first chapters) but continued reading and  I don't know when I got involved in it I kept on reading and reading oh I guess I understood it though and from when who knows everything is as clear na.

Finished reading and immediately went and asked Nichuss dee how many posts does Nisha update in a day.I was too eager to know what happens next and I got hooked up in story too. Then came reply around three updates a day "WOW .Its awesome "  (Seriously even if Nisha gives 100 updates in a day we still want more).

From then on I was up to date with almost every chapter. Oh I forgot to tell I was lazy then very lazy.

I never used to comment though. I just marked timings and made imaginary intervals on when update comes.

When update don't come silently I used to post "Will there be another Update" oh it went pretty well though until Nisha asked me "Will you comment anything more than that"(Not exact words though).

She called me by name I was like fingerling  (Oh I am a boy and I don't know the word ) "Nisha know my name ,Nisha know my name"

I don't remember much from then many things happened and I was part of many things and I am there here .January passed February too ohh yes March too II and RnB married and things went on.

What SOSY ,its not just a story ,Its a community mixed with different people from different places. I am baby bro here (Until Jai came though) I used to enjoy being only brother here who cares what age it is just all are my sisters.

Few sad moments and few celebrations and we almost saw pretty much many things to see.We had disputes fights ,murder and kidnap plans ,detectives roaming around (You know who it is) Various parties . Ohh yes I am RnB supporter and Ranjan is culprit group.(Hide this line from ANU dee) we celebrated what we didn't do II's pregnancy is like some of my close people's

They are real people aren't  they yes they are and we don't agree they are just characters.

OHH yes Our SOSY anniversary It completed one year its like some person completed it its some ones birthday oh yes its SOSY  birthday.

Thank You Nisha thanks for giving us this miracle and thankyou everyone  for I don't know what pretty much Everything.

NISHA ThankYou and Happy  Birth Day.I don't know your Birthday though so I call this day your birthday.Happy Birthday dee and everyone.

SAKIV!VIKAS Chandra"

shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I think I will keep it short...since I am on mobile and typing is a pain...and how much ever I write will not be enough to say everything about SOSY and Nisha. It's become an very important part of my life and is very difficult to be away when real life problems interferes. As I have said again and again...this place is my HAPPY place. I can just lose myself in the story...II AND R&B AND ALL THEIR FAMILY keep me hooked. We all celebrate their happiness...fight for them argue passionately...and all these because so much of the writing is so realistic and I can completely relate to the middle class peoples life.
I started reading when Nisha had already started 2nd thread...somebody and the YHM forum had recommended reading and i was bored of the track going on. Actually the title software symphony grabbed me and I just clicked on the link and was completely addicted. It was a marathon reading session ...started reading in the afternoon and continued till early morning 4 am with lil impatient breaks regarding lunch...dinner...picking up kids...tea break (read hubs coming home from office) suffice it say I finished everything within 24 hours. And used to wish when evening would come so that Nisha would update. 

Will continue again...real life interfering..
😃
Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
LIKE IT'S THE FIRST TIME

2015, the month of February made me realize how unpredictable life is. It was moments ago I was ok and then suddenly I can't sit and it turns out to minutes to hours to weeks and then a fortnight and then months.
There were moments when I felt worthless so to avoid such feeling I began reading voraciously. Then I came across the story that I had been avoiding as the story was moving at a pace I couldn't match up. But then I had all the time in the world so I begun and then I was stuck to it every waking moment which was almost 20 hours back then due to severe pain I was unable to have a shut eye.
This place was a relief to me devoid of pain of questions of explanations of any worries and I was that silent spectator to this wonderful world;to this full of life tale.
Back then I remember when I was waiting for a doctors appointment for almost two hours laying down and I had nothing to do I was busy reaching upto thread 8, when I begun I couldn't understand where it began from so first chapter I read was breakfast poker that was thread 6 I suppose then it had caught my attention so I planned and gathered all courage to read thread one with 50 odd chapters,then I reached the wedding thread and it was a mad mad feeling to read like a mad girl to reach upto the current thread.

Now I'm in such a condition that no fictional story or fictional guy grabs my attention or seem to be Atleast somewhere near dude's aura.

Then came a day I happened to like a post and Nisha noticed my username which was " KjoinlovewithKP" and makes a post that she spit out her food reading that and thus I get noticed in the crowd of avid lovers of the tale who were there since the birth of the story and so on,the place felt new and I felt estranged then slowly it all began and hence the nonstop chatters.
I have an expertise in the department of making nisha spit sth out either food or water and if I'm ever able to make someone laugh that just makes my day.

This tale is no more a story of two people or their fat fluff of mass of blob of fat kids or terror twins or an estranged son and guilty father, it's become a conveyor belt where our souls are delivered to eternity of love and imagination where the world is definitely a better place even with the existence of vivid realities in form of many characters which are real enough to relate our souls to, or sometimes bash them to death, or fighting for them or fangirling and drooling over a guy that probably exists in Mars or someplace unknown to mankind.

Thank you Nisha, it's been 365 days and some 900 odd chapters, yet we eagerly wait for every post of yours like its the first time. Every time you disappear we get restless and then you appear with your magic wand weaving our hearts with love of two people who love each other in a way that makes our hearts go gooey and it melts even while reading it, i dont know what would happen to me if this story turns into motion. May you keep on posting and may we keep fangirling and drooling over those fools madly in love with each other.

❤️     ❤️

❤️

Edited by Kjolovesbabies - 8 years ago
RedGarnet thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy Anniversary Nisha & fellow SoSyians!

Can't believe SoSy is completing a year and still going on with the same momentum. I found SoSy by chance. Never followed Hindi serials - happened to see the promotions of the Tamil serial "Kalyanam mudhal kadhal varai" on Vijay TV and the title struck me. Curiosity led me to discover YHM serial the Tamil one is based on and the India Forums. Until then didn't know there were forums where people write about daily soaps. During Christmas holidays last year, I saw the Software Symphonies title and started reading. What hooked me to the story initially was the cross culture romance. Then I started loving the character sketches, attention to details, location description and Nisha's inimitable style of leaving a chapter at cliffhanger and the way she comes up with those titles. Always an admirer of her titles.

Everyday I look forward to reading the updates as well as comments by other readers. It has become a part of my life. Can't wait for the day this story gets printed! Happy Anniversary Nisha and may you get to write more wonderful stories in the future! Thanks always!

Love you all SoSyians! 🥳